Find
Notify
Tools

What prominent Republicans really think of trump Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
The GOP standard-bearer. barf

https://www.reddit.com/r/inter...ally_think_of_trump/

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 16194 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Romney isn’t a prominent Republican.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 38016 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

That's a stupid statement but setting that aside....how about:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Your US Senator Ted Cruz?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dr. Easter shows his out of touch with real mainstream America.

Sen. Romney is more prominent than any of us.

Sen. Romney’s GOP accomplishments speak for themselves.

JD Vance is very prominent right now, and we know what Sen. Vance said about Trump.

Posts: 12332 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True. Saying that the 2012 GOP nominee for the presidency of the United States is not a prominent republican is indicative of cult indoctrination.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't really matter what they think.....in the publican party, unlike what we are seeing with the democrat party right now.....the citizens choose their candidate.....

Posts: 42365 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
It doesn't really matter what they think.....in the publican party, unlike what we are seeing with the democrat party right now.....the citizens choose their candidate.....

And, you chose an insurrectionist. A man who cheats on his wives. A serial compulsive liar. Way to go republican citizens. barf

One of Us
posted Hide Post
44 people served in Trump's Cabinet, confirmed or Acting.

4 of them support him now.

The people best situated to see how he did the job the first time.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 10741 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
44 people served in Trump's Cabinet, confirmed or Acting.

4 of them support him now.

The people best situated to see how he did the job the first time.

How many of them have called him a crook or a moron or an idiot?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1589 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Romney was a prominent democrap.

He should have been run out of the party in a rail. He was a milquetoast POS.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1993 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

Everyone of those besides Pence has endorsed Trump and was at the RNC firmly united.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 38016 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Dr. Easter shows his out of touch with real mainstream America.

Sen. Romney is more prominent than any of us.

Sen. Romney’s GOP accomplishments speak for themselves.

JD Vance is very prominent right now, and we know what Sen. Vance said about Trump.

Romney is all but retired and no one in the party cares what he has to say. That said, he has been meeting with Trump here lately.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of prominent republicans think he’s an idiot.

However, unlike the democrats, the GOP listens to its voters on who the candidate should be, for better or worse.

Everyone knew John McCain didn’t have the moxie to beat Obama coming off the coattails of the Bush administration, but they went with the nominee.

Everyone thought Trump was going to get slaughtered by Clinton in ‘16. They still followed him down the road.

The GOP has given outsized influence to a minority of the party for some time.

Trump is the candidate, and the GOP would rather lose than deal with the tail wagging the dog.

If Harris is the democrat candidate, I cannot support her.

I am not going to support Trump either.

I’ve said it before, and with all due deference to my conservative (and liberal) friends, I don’t think either Harris or Trump is an existential threat or crisis to our government.

I will agree that I find Trump’s policies in general preferential to the Democrat policies, but his history is rife with not supporting things the GOP has been supposedly supportive of. His Covid stimulus, his bottom ending the tax cuts, his comments on hunting, his support of the bump stock change, his constant negativity towards our international agreements, and so on are all issues; and then let alone his personal life issues.

Posts: 11057 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

Everyone of those besides Pence has endorsed Trump and was at the RNC firmly united.

And, every one of them knows that trump is a lying piece of shit. As they have previously stated.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

And, every one of them knows that trump is a lying piece of shit. As they have previously stated.

They also know which side their bread is buttered on.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1589 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Romney is a retired corporate raider, should be a Republican hero. Look up Dade Behring as an example.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14653 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

They also know which side their bread is buttered on.

I think most of them view it as more of a shit sandwich, not a buttered one.

And, they've all gotta take a bite.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

Mike,
You are so well connected to Republican politics I am sure you know better and thus I will just defer to your knowledge base. Roll Eyes

Reality is that politics is a rough full-contact game. People say stuff in the moment…later they walk it back. It is the norm.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nikki Haley?
Mike Pence?
Ron DeSantis
Lindsey Graham?

Whistling

Mike,
You are so well connected to Republican politics I am sure you know better and thus I will just defer to your knowledge base. Roll Eyes

Reality is that politics is a rough full-contact game. People say stuff in the moment…later they walk it back. It is the norm.

Watch the video again. What those folks are saying about trump ain't "the norm."

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It is in politics. In the 18th century…they used pistols.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hasher:
Romney was a prominent democrap.

He should have been run out of the party in a rail. He was a milquetoast POS.

A very prominent republican, chosen by REPUBLICANS to run for president. And a corporate raider of some note.

Posts: 16184 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote