Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finland Officially joins NATO Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Finland became a member of NATO officially today.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The more the merrier; hem that tyrannical buddy of Trumps in from all sides.

There’s rarely been a military adventure that’s backfired as badly as his Ukrainian invasion.

Posts: 5740 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Good.

Now get to work forming the SPTO — we’re gonna need it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SEATO is long dead.

I noticed that after getting the boot from the Philippines we are now going back with multiple bases.

Understandable, but given the past history, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. It seems like the Philippines is the one democratic nation that has our unfortunate ability to elect clowns as head of state regularly.

As to Finland, good. I suspect they will be a good and helpful ally.

Living in smelling distance of Russia certainly will give them a different attitude than the more western members.

quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Good.

Now get to work forming the SPTO — we’re gonna need it.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Historically they have been strongly against joining NATO, but with the invasion of Ukraine it’s now 80/20 in favour.

As their president said, “you caused this Mr Putin. “

Even better if Sweden also joins, they make a lot of very good military kit.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stalin said they'd be back, he just didn't say when.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Understandable, but given the past history, I’m not sure it’s a good idea. It seems like the Philippines is the one democratic nation that has our unfortunate ability to elect clowns as head of state regularly.

So what makes them different from the US? We elect clowns too.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did President Trump not campaign on killing a South East Asia-Pacific partnership with US killing the treaty?

I am sure he did.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was my point.

The reason I’m not sure it’s such a great idea is we were in there and had spent a hell of a lot of money on facilities there… I will leave the blood out of it as we did some problematic things as well there long ago…

But if they elect people who cut their nose off to spite their face, and boot us out, odds are it will happen again, and probably at a bad time.

I’m not against an alliance with the Philippines… but rather against putting a bunch of money into bases there. Let the Philippines pay for the facilities. We can help fight and offer support, but even so.

Are we just going in and rebuilding Subic?

quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

So what makes them different from the US? We elect clowns too.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
don't know what they are doing.

there is a bunch of our soldiers down there training a bunch of theirs though.
kind of expected since they are one of our territories.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Goodie goodie!

More contracts for American arms makers! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Putin is a genius! Doubling the size of his border with NATO.

It is all about money, you are right Saeed. Did you notice OPEC+ lowering output in an effort to prop up Russian finances during the war? I think MBS is still upset that Biden called him out for being the murder that he is, such a sensitive savage, his feelings must be hurt. clap

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:

It is all about money, you are right Saeed. Did you notice OPEC+ lowering output in an effort to prop up Russian finances during the war? I think MBS is still upset that Biden called him out for being the murder that he is, such a sensitive savage, his feelings must be hurt. clap

If you put the whole worlds terrorist organizations, and all the deranged dictators victims together, they pale in comparison to what your country has done.

How many military bases do you have in how many countries??

How come you never raised a finger against the Khmer Rouge?

North Korea?

The only word that comes to mind is plain old COWARDS!

As exemplified by your lates tail tucked between the legs cowardly run away from Kabol! rotflmo

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

If you put the whole worlds terrorist organizations, and all the deranged dictators victims together, they pale in comparison to what your country has done.

North Korea?

As exemplified by your lates tail tucked between the legs cowardly run away from Kabol! rotflmo

You might have a shred of credibility here if your attacks on America were at least consistent. Now you can't decide which criticism to favor--do we police the world too much or too little?

America was foolish to attempt to build a nation for people who don't deserve it and won't fight for it. But I take exception to calling us cowards. The only people who were cowards were the Afghanis.

Oh, and people who hire mercenaries to fight for them are the real cowards too.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You left out the world leaders who kill any dissenting voices, those are some real cowards(MBS).

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

North Korea?

You might have a shred of credibility here if your attacks on America were at least consistent. Now you can't decide which criticism to favor--do we police the world too much or too little?

America was foolish to attempt to build a nation for people who don't deserve it and won't fight for it. But I take exception to calling us cowards. The only people who were cowards were the Afghanis.

The poor sods.

The cowardly Afghanis!

Whipped your arse and handed to you.

You ran off leaving billions worth of your military equipment! rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

North Korea?

The poor sods.

The cowardly Afghanis!

Whipped your arse and handed to you.

You ran off leaving billions worth of your military equipment! rotflmo

And just look what they have done with the country, simply thriving! Just another shit hole ruled by crazy Muslims, like the majority of the Middle east. clap