Tools

If This Does NOT Make You SICK... Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

And as to the old codger label…doesn’t bother me…being wise comes with a price-tag. Wink

"Old Codger" is earned, and as you've pointed out it doesn't come easy. Wear it with a red hat...

And velcro tennies, maybe pull those socks up to your knees with some plaid shorts while your at it. rotflmo

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
quote:

And as to the old codger label…doesn’t bother me…being wise comes with a price-tag. Wink

"Old Codger" is earned, and as you've pointed out it doesn't come easy. Wear it with a red hat...

And velcro tennies, maybe pull those socks up to your knees with some plaid shorts while your at it. rotflmo

KMA. I wear socks with my sandals, they don't stink as bad that way...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
rotflmo rotflmo

Doc and I have made our admissions and denials, where's Jtex?

Come on Man, confess!!! rotflmo rotflmo

Skb, you sure were fragile last night, is there a "quiet time" you have that I should know about? "Speak soothingly after --pm."? Big Grin

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
We are all the same age roughly, but you three act like your ready for the old folks home.

rotflmo

I employ quite a few 20 & 30 somethings…I can, and occasionally do it to prove a point…out work them all.

I coach a 14U baseball team. I do calisthenics and sprints with them and coach from the infield with a glove on in practice.

I like hunting elephant because I love carrying my .500 NE double and walking on a track all day and the same for elk in the Rockies with a .300 H&H.

Yep, I do like to quit at night these days and have a solid nights rest…as I used to be known to work all night.

My hair is gray, my internist has to tweak my chemistry from time to time, and I do now wear multifocal progressive lenses but I still carry my weight and the younger around me know better than to challenge me to any duals.

But when they have crisis…my iPhone is the first to buzz. Cool

And I enjoy being their life coach as well. Smiler

Talk to someone else about being out of touch. Wink

Time to talk to your internist about an adjustment to your chemistry.

No meds here for anything.

I'm only near-sighted, no bi-focals required in my mid-50s.

So how did you become such an old codger Lane?

old

Get back with me in about 5 years.

In meantime, if haven’t eaten your Wheaties, don’t challenge me to a race over the Saddle mountain pass down into the Weminuche.

I'm sure you look spry in your velcro tennis shoes Lane Big Grin

Not sure where that comes from…but no velcro here. Confused

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36647 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come play on my field Steve…if you think you are tough enough. We don’t coddle pussies. Wink

Or…ride horseback with me down into the Weminuche. coffee

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36647 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come play on my field Steve…if you think you are tough enough. We don’t coddle pussies. Wink

Full contact shuffleboard?

This place reminds of that great song penned by the one and only Lowell George, "Old Folks Boogie".

old

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Steve,
You couldn’t hang with me on your best day…shooting, working, athletics, or making money. tu2

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve,
You couldn’t hang with me on your best day…shooting, working, athletics, or making money. tu2

Hell, it had been at least two days since you told me how great you are Lane, I thought maybe someone had hacked your account. Good to see you are back. Big Grin

You left something out, I could never keep up with your self-aggrandizing. You are a tough act to follow I will give you that.

Wink

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Full contact shuffleboard?

This place reminds of that great song penned by the one and only Lowell George, "Old Folks Boogie".

old

Sure beats YOUNG FOLKS BOOGIE!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm

Not sure where that comes from…but no velcro here. Confused[/QUOTE]

Humor Doc,

Dont slow him down, he's on a roll! Big Grin

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm

Not sure where that comes from…but no velcro here. Confused

Humor Doc,

Dont slow him down, he's on a roll! Big Grin[/QUOTE]

Have you noticed that some folks lose a sense of humor as they age? Wink

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you noticed that some folks lose a sense of humor as they age?

Some of us are very lucky.

I never had any sense of humor! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I have a sense of humor. I laugh every time Steve posts his opinion on something! (Except gunsmithing!)

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve,

Is the anthropoid chest-beating display still going on?

Posts: 6162 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dizzy Dean:
"It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Have you noticed that some folks lose a sense of humor as they age?

Some of us are very lucky.

I never had any sense of humor! clap

Now that is funny Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
Steve,

Is the anthropoid chest-beating display still going on?

I believe Lane to be still breathing so yes, the chest beating continues. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
And while the Republicans ain’t great…surely by now…every sane person can see that the democrats are just bat-shit crazy…nuts!

They should! But they dont......they are indoctrinated....and fine with that!

Step out of the echo chamber and take a realistic look at things. Your culture war that you two old codgers love to promote is what cost you your red wave in 2022. You need moderates and Independents to win, yet you push them away as you take the GOP further to the right. This guy gets it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ac82ba2343b3c7&ei=11

If there is Amy type of echo chamber it is LIBERAL.

Very inclusive if you toe the party line.

All for free speech unless its conservative speech.

All for law and order....unless a democrat commits a crime....

Yeah....sure...its us,conservatives that live in an echo chamber....

Your indoctrination runs deep!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
And while the Republicans ain’t great…surely by now…every sane person can see that the democrats are just bat-shit crazy…nuts!

Step out of the echo chamber and take a realistic look at things. Your culture war that you two old codgers love to promote is what cost you your red wave in 2022. You need moderates and Independents to win, yet you push them away as you take the GOP further to the right. This guy gets it:

Good to hear the final member of the geriatric crew spouting off from the rest home.

old

Back when I was a boy things were different.....

Y'all got anything else to say?

hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This whole idea that youth are automatically better at choosing, or that the older folks are is equally preposterous.

The OP article is absurd on its face.

A bunch of school teacher types know better than the parents? That’s absurd in general.

If you have a specific when it’s truthful, then we already have a system. Go to court, and get the parent disqualified as guardian of the minor. It’s been done before.

Changing the rules to automatically emancipate a child, regardless of age on something as potentially permanently damaging as changing gender is absurd. If you can’t see that, you are beyond help and shouldn’t be loose in public.

Similarly, to deny that there can’t be an incident where the parent may be a problem is likewise absurd.

At some point, we have a system and we should let it work. Look at the Covid response to see exhibit 1 to show knee jerk responses make for poor public policy.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good to hear the final member of the geriatric crew spouting off from the rest home.

old

Back when I was a boy things were different.....

Y'all got anything else to say?

hilbily

I don't care at all that this is aimed at me, it's very funny. Big Grin

The Velcro shoes one was good! I think my dad started wearing them younger than me. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I happened onto an article by, about, an actress Ruby Rose.
She said she wanted to be a boy at a young age. But, she said she is glad she didnt go through with transitioning. It would not have made her happy. She was diagnosed with multiple issues, and dealing with just one, transitioning, would not have made her happy. Doc B has talked about this, but until I read a first hand account by the lady, I didnt understand.
Ruby Rose has a blog to help other young women that were like her. She said she talks to many of the girls, that were just like her. She stressed they get fully diagnosed before any transition treatment. Ruby said she is a woman, and some day wants to have babies. She said she also has days she dresses as a boy, because that's what she feels like that day, but that is not what she wants to be everyday.
Her take was for young women to wait, not rush into anything.
I learned something from reading her first hand story.
Far different than the shit everyone ( but Doc B) has had to say on the subject here.