Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Props To Apple News Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I've been impressed in recent months by the number of hunting and fishing articles that appear almost daily on the Apple News feed. This morning it was Speck fishing in Baffin Bay (Salt Water Sportsman). The other day it was Hunting Sheep In Mongolia (Outdoor Life). All have been very well written articles.

Glad Apple hasn't gone all Politically Correct. (Hopefully Tucker Carlson won't go "Karen" on us over these articles like he did over M&Ms.)

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apple is like Google etc.

They have an algorithm and based off what you click/look at they present it to you.

Most of my web surfing is done on DuckDuckGo, and as such it doesn’t get into my Apple feeds.

I don’t get any of these articles you are mentioning in mine.

It’s just an example of algorithm targeting and use of paying advertising affecting it.

I don’t think it’s anything regarding Apple and not following woke policies. They probably are very woke, but a bit more addicted to money.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Totally agree, but they also have the ability to quash an article, and they allow the hunting articles to come thru. That can't be bad.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The best part about fishing Baffin is having supper at the King’s Inn when finished in the evening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I thought Baffin Bay is in northern Canada??

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I thought Baffin Bay is in northern Canada??

We have one on the lower coast here in Texas too!

Ours used to be famous for big speckled trout!

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote