Tools

The best answer I have ever seen Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
How do trans people affect you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The correct answer is much shorter than that roid heads rant.

Trans people simply have no effect on my life.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not Dr. Easter’s life. He simply finds their existence repugnant. He forgets the majority of voters finds his existence and mine as a big game hunter repugnant. One has more right to live as the person they believe themselves to be than hunt elephants.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
You’re losing yourself Heym. You stand for nothing. To compare man’s oldest occupation, the foundation of civilization itself, let alone this whole website, to denying the order of nature itself is self flagellation. You’ve fallen for anything. Making excuses and apologies for anti hunters is doing all hunters a disservice. Particularly here amongst what should be our staunchest supporters.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I stand for what I have written. Trans people Al have more right to their lives than we do to hunt elephants.

Hunt elephants if you wish and conservation supports it.

Leave people to their Lives.

That is what I stand for.

I spent all day on the 4th defending Elephant and Lion hunting.

My words are not an attack on hunting conservation. It is true observation that Dr. Easter engages in what most people believe to be a repugnant activity. As long as conservation supports it, I support it.

There is no right to hunt elephants. There is a right to be secure in your person and your happiness.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure that everyone has friends and family that are queer. They don't demand any special favors and they don't offend anyone. The only trans person I knew was offensive. No telling how many people he ran out of the antique shops. You get some ugly 6'4" man in a dress and people aren't going to stay around. You ain't lived till you come around the corner and this freak is sitting in a chair with his legs spread wide open.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can find fat, ugly, repulsive women anywhere in the world. What's your real point?

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I stand for what I have written. Trans people Al have more right to their lives than we do to hunt elephants.

Hunt elephants if you wish and conservation supports it.

exactly as the man in the film said.

I spent all day on the 4th defending Elephant and Lion hunting.

My words are not an attack on hunting conservation. It is true observation that Dr. Easter engages in what most people believe to be a repugnant activity. As long as conservation supports it, I support it.

There is no right to hunt elephants. There is a right to be secure in your person and your happiness.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:

By that logic, shouldn’t a person who believes that there are two biological sexes, and that those sexes equate to two genders, be allowed to live their life believing such?

And don’t they have a right to “live their truth” just as much as anyone else?

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

By that logic, shouldn’t a person who believes that there are two biological sexes, and that those sexes equate to two genders, be allowed to live their life believing such?

What if I don't like guys with beards. Can I punch one of them--to "live my truth."

Should the KKK be allowed to "live their truth" by burning crosses in front yards of the people they hate?

Mr. Brown, don't you think it would be REASONABLE to put a caveat on the "live your truth" philosophy? Like maybe, live your truth, so long as you don't harm someone else?

That's where we must draw the line. And btw, if you discriminate against someone, you're harming them.

Posts: 6135 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a morphydite named McBroom picked up another morphydite and took to the room. There was a terrible fight that night trying to figure out who could do what with what to whom.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:
quote:

What if I don't like guys with beards. Can I punch one of them--to "live my truth."

Should the KKK be allowed to "live their truth" by burning crosses in front yards of the people they hate?

Mr. Brown, don't you think it would be REASONABLE to put a caveat on the "live your truth" philosophy? Like maybe, live your truth, so long as you don't harm someone else?

That's where we must draw the line. And btw, if you discriminate against someone, you're harming them.

Violence and intimidation are already outlawed, so the answer is “no” to your first two questions.

I don’t need a caveat because the question was simply:

quote:
Should a person who believes that there are two biological sexes, and that those sexes equate to two genders, be allowed to live their life believing such?

A simple yes or no question.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6834 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hardly a simple question. My answer starts out: Yes, so long as the person doesn't discriminate against or harm someone else.

But the question also leads to a broader one: does someone have the right to live in ignorance and unreasoning fear? I suppose the answer is yes to that one too; except such people have no right to raise kids in ignorance.

If someone believes the earth is flat, our schools should do our best to educate their kids anyway.

I notice you didn't answer my third question.

Posts: 6135 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
If someone believes the earth is flat, our schools should do our best to educate their kids anyway.

Hmm…flat earth…men are women…women are men…I see a correlation.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
I read something interesting the other day. It drew a straight thread from Marx to the Frankfurt School to the American New Left in the 60s to today’s Progressives demonstrating the intention, aim, and goals of these thought systems. Understand this and one easily understands our culture war.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
It drew a straight thread from Marx to the Frankfurt School to the American New Left in the 60s to today’s Progressives demonstrating the intention, aim, and goals of these thought systems.

correct

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

Roland,
Is this the question that you are referring to? I thought that was a rhetorical question.

I absolutely 100% agree with your caveat, no one should act in ways that cause harm to another person.

Which is why I won’t allow you or anyone else to tell me what I am allowed to think, or whether or not I’m allowed to express my thoughts openly.

Thought control far more offensive to me than the idea that someone, somewhere might possibly hold an opinion that is “offensive”. Telling me that I am allowed to have thoughts that are offensive, but that I am not allowed to express them is even more offensive, especially since I have no idea which of my thoughts someone else might find offensive.

After all, if I hold a belief that that I don’t find offensive, how will I know if anyone else might find it offensive without expressing it to others?

Offensiveness aside, how will I ever find out if something is correct or incorrect without discussing it with others, thereby allowing them the chance to educate me and cure my ignorance?

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Hmm…flat earth…men are women…women are men…I see a correlation.

Nice try Lane, but no one is going to fall for that BS.

The Earth’s shape is not just an identity that anyone can choose.

Gender is just a social construct that can be chosen on a whim, with the support of a team of doctors armed with synthetic hormones and a dick/tit saws to make the choice appear to have been natures own work.

Never mind the fact that they destroyed everything that makes men and women both magical and distinct from each other in the process.

Man Lane, I hope that I haven’t offended you with the truth.

Jason

-Jason Brown

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Earth’s shape is not just an identity that anyone can choose.

are you certain?

people are "identifying" as dogs cats, spirits, etc

why could one not choose "flat earth" as an identity ?

btw, the Lyon Martin Community Heath , Trans care unit,
has a multipage form of "pronouns and titles" , essentially you may "choose" as your "identity"
or you may create a new one, with whatever term you wish.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMHO, the problem is that Americans have stopped "identifying" first and foremost as Americans and started identifying as Republicans or Democrats, Black, white Asian or Hispanic (white doesn't deserve a capital letter), Christian, Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, some other Methodist, Lutheran, LBGQ+ (not even sure what the + means), etc. I'm sure I've missed some of the groups that think that status is more important than being an American.

Flame away, but to me

Posts: 10032 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
IMHO, the problem is that Americans have stopped "identifying" first and foremost as Americans and started identifying as Republicans or Democrats, Black, white Asian or Hispanic (white doesn't deserve a capital letter), Christian, Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, Southern Baptist, Methodist, some other Methodist, Lutheran, LBGQ+ (not even sure what the + means), etc. I'm sure I've missed some of the groups that think that status is more important than being an American.

Flame away, but to me

Years ago an AR member named Jetdriver told me Africa's problem was tribalism in answering my question about. Shona vs Ndebele, Hutu vs Tutsi.

I read the other day that Methodist churches are splitting from the Methodist church over ideology. I also read that Southern Baptists are splitting over ideology.

We have Republicans that swear to never support Democrats no matter what, all the same old, worn out racism and bigotry, and our friend Lheym refers to a or the "Faction" as if they're Jews or dogs or McCarthy era Communists.

I think California's government is very tribal, maybe Texas the same.

I don't think we are United States. I think we are divided, "factionalized" and falling apart.

The 21st century Tower of Babel.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
division in this country is the problem. And that has been fostered by extremist groups, perhaps on both sides, but primarily by the Progressive Left, not to let the Right Wing Nutjobs off the hook.

Posts: 10032 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Did anyone read what I wrote above??? Go research it yourselves. Plain as day. There is no more wondering.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote