THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Spin, Baby, Spin - The Republican Party today is a dangerous sham
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spin, Baby, Spin - The Republican Party today is a dangerous sham Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://youtube.com/shorts/OH8...?si=5wcpWk0NX4Em6cMO

"Y'all Spin, Spin, Spin. I Don't Know HOW Y'all Are Still Standing Right Now"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...Kci?ocid=socialshare

'Making idiots of themselves': Joe demolishes GOP's sham Biden impeachment push

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...wsK?ocid=socialshare

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...TsI?ocid=socialshare

‘It’s become a joke’: House GOP’s impeachment continues to scam the American people

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19738 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/rQU...?si=5qGj-cJqExFXnC7H

There is no governing talk happening in the GOP

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19738 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
And the democrats have anything to be proud of? rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Once upon a time there was a bi-partisan bill funding the border, Ukraine, Israel, etc., etc.

Trump quashed it because it made Biden look good.

https://youtube.com/shorts/2mi...?si=4SYYAa42qG1vpAO9

Cassidy Hutchinson: Trump is not the candidate who will ensure we can survive as a

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/zGK...?si=ZA-uosw42yRFK9t5

Swalwell declares 'time of death' for GOP's Biden impeachment push

XXX

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

No, both parties are laughing stocks.

Mike

Posts: 21220 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

This we agree on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
And the democrats have anything to be proud of?

The democrat party isn't owned by a lying, seditionist, fascist wannabee.

Imagine the stink if Biden put Hunter in charge of the money pot for DNC.

Lara Trump elected as co-chair of the Republican National Committee

https://fb.watch/qYEsiWm2p9/

Also:

https://youtube.com/shorts/zEp...?si=lPUqlB1zoZvRvNLf

Republicans blocked immigration reform not Biden

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Start with the infrastructure bill, work your way forward. Watch something other than right wing propaganda.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

Very strange!

Every single American I know says this too!

How come you all seem to pick losers?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jonathan Turley:
Democrats have allowed their very identity to drip through their open fingers. They have become a party that calls for censorship, ballot cleansing, and court packing. They now excuse raw influence peddling after opposing every effort to investigate it.

https://x.com/jonathanturley/s...106921296130344?s=46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
X the new propaganda machine of the right....not a news source Lane.

Posts: 227 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:

So Jonathan Turley is not a credible source Steve? fishing

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One with an agenda.....the kind of bias that you embrace fishing Cool Wink

Posts: 227 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Exactly…what agenda does Turley have?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Putting the orange asshole back in office....

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight. Jonathan Turley, an esteemed Constitutional Scholar and attorney who has repetitively renounced President Trump publicly, is a right-winged propagandist with an agenda to help re-elect President Trump?

Did I get this straight? fishing

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Yes . . . for once.

Mike

Posts: 21220 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

So Jonathan Turley is not a credible source Steve? fishing

The Jonathan Turley who quoted a ruling by a Judge who died three years earlier?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So let me get this straight. Jonathan Turley, an esteemed Constitutional Scholar and attorney who has repetitively renounced President Trump publicly, is a right-winged propagandist with an agenda to help re-elect President Trump?

Did I get this straight? fishing

Lane, this is all about project 2025 and the remaking of America. You know it and I know it:

https://www.project2025.org/

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would prefer another choice but the orange asshole is far superior to the invasion assisting Biden!

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Project 25???

Someone’s been dipping into the propaganda jar Steve. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
Before this is over the U.S. government will be building entire cities to house the invaders.

I guess the U.S. just can not repel invaders, the Chinese are laughing their ass off

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That would depend upon how offensive you feel it is to attempt to steal a presidential election. I find find that beyond the pale, among many, many other things about Trump.

Biden's handling of the border sucks, no doubt about it, his biggest failure by far in my eye.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Project 25???

Oh please.....they brag about it, now you are going to deny it? That is goal, reshape America.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I don’t know anything about project 25. I doubt Jonathan Turley does either.

We were discussing Turley’s credentials/credibility. Just FYI Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are not that ignorant Wink

Close maybe, but you are well aware of the plans afoot.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok I will play with your lies, Trump was unsuccessful in stealing the election but Biden is fantastically successful at enabling the invasion of the U.S.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Ok I will play with your lies, Trump was unsuccessful in stealing the election but Biden is fantastically successful at enabling the invasion of the U.S.

Lies were certainly involved, those lies were told by Trump, you know the guy asking the GA Attorney General to find him 11,780 votes. The guy who attempted to send fake electors to congress. The guy who encouraged his followers to disrupt the certification of the election. The guy who has been convicted of fraud. The guy currently facing 91 criminal charges....that guy is the one telling lies.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Project 25???

I don’t know anything about project 25. I doubt Jonathan Turley does either.

I don't believe you. Is that polite enough choice of words?

I think you are right in the thick of it, and want others, especially liberal of centrist leaning to remain ignorant of it and think 2024 is political business as usual.

Even if that educated guess is not correct, it's way to easy to become informed about it, and I have mentioned it many times in previous posts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_2025

Project 2025

Steve Bannon's Dream - 50,000 vetted loyalist shock troops, who call themselves patriots.

Also previously I posted this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...4096de37528db8&ei=15

The Society for American Civic Renewal, or SACR for short, is a group that was uncovered earlier this month by Talking Points Memo, which described them as, “a secret, men-only right-wing society with members in influential positions around the country who are on a crusade to recruit a Christian government that will form after the right achieves regime change in the United States, potentially via a 'national divorce.'"

More info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...erican_Civic_Renewal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claremont_Institute

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
BTW:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wire...mob-gets-5-108351156

Man who helped drag police officer into mob gets over 5 years in prison for Capitol riot attacks
A Colorado man who helped other rioters drag a police officer into a mob storming the U.S. Capitol was sentenced to more than five years in prison

ByMICHAEL KUNZELMAN Associated Press
March 21, 2024, 12:01 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...ars-prison-rcna54314

Jan. 6 rioter who dragged Michael Fanone into crowd sentenced to 7.5 years in prison
Albuquerque Head, of Tennessee, said "I got one!" as he dragged the officer into the mob.

========================================

The not-so-funny thing is that I found no Fox news reporting or direct spin on those two true stories.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

You can call me a liar. You can call me ignorant. Don’t care. I am comfortable with my status/position in life.

Now back to the topic.

Do you believe Jonathan Turley is a right-wing propagandist and shill for this “Project 25” whatever the hell it is? Just want to get you on the record. Smiler

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You can call me a liar. You can call me ignorant. Don’t care. I am comfortable with my status/position in life.

Now back to the topic.

Do you believe Jonathan Turley is a right-wing propagandist and shill for this “Project 25” whatever the hell it is? Just want to get you on the record. Smiler

Sure enough do....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jonathan Turley

Here's an interesting article by Turley which says a lot:

https://thehill.com/opinion/wh...for-censuring-trump/

BY JONATHAN TURLEY, OPINION CONTRIBUTOR - 01/11/21 4:15 PM ET

(excerpt)

Many of us have denounced Trump’s speech as reckless and wrong. Indeed, I was tweeting my objections to the speech as it was being given. Moreover, I opposed the congressional challenges to the electoral votes from the outset, rejected Trump’s claim that the electoral votes could be “sent back,” and praised Vice President Pence for defying Trump. Yet, none of this is license for Congress to rampage through the Constitution with the same abandon as last week’s rioters did in the Capitol.

I testified against the first Trump impeachment — and I stand by that testimony today. I believe, however, that he warrants congressional condemnation, and that a censure resolution could help repair some of the damage that he has caused in this national tragedy.

Such a joint statement of condemnation by the two houses could be based on three grounds.

First, Trump — as well as his son, Donald Jr., and his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani — whipped the Jan. 6 crowd into a frenzy before the rioting in the Capitol. While Trump’s speech would not constitute criminal incitement, it was inciteful and unpresidential. Before that, on Twitter, he called thousands to the city for a “wild time,” and then worked some into a frothing mob.

Second, Trump repeated clearly false statements about the constitutional process and made the unconscionable demand that Pence should usurp that process by “sending back” electoral votes. As many of us said repeatedly for weeks, Pence had no such authority and could not unilaterally act as Trump demanded. Yet, Trump continued to tell his followers that such authority existed — leading many of them to launch a hashtag campaign to “#hangmikepence.”

Third, Trump was conspicuously silent as this riot engulfed the Congress. It was not until the next day that he clearly denounced all of the violence and called for the prosecution of those responsible. On the day in question, he gave a widely ridiculed statement thanking his supporters and saying he understood their anger. It may not have been criminal incitement — but it was an outrageous failure to denounce the violence, immediately and unequivocally.

Censure is not a substitute for impeachment. It is not even mentioned in the Constitution. However, it would serve a greater purpose in this instance: It would allow both parties to speak as one in condemnation of the actions — and the omissions — of the president. It would be a unifying act that allows us to state our expectations of a president, a statement made all the more important with the approaching inauguration of a new president.

Indeed, this is where President-elect Biden can prove he is a unifying leader. He should call on his party to stand down and join in a bipartisan censure resolution. In doing so, he would pass the very test that Trump failed on Jan. 6. Rather than seek to use this moment for political advantage, Biden could use it to help heal these divisions by getting a majority to speak as one voice. It is an opportunity he should not allow to pass.

What happened on Jan. 6 was a crisis of faith. As a nation, we are losing faith not just in the Constitution but in each other. We need leadership — real leaders to step forward and say “enough” to the reckless rhetoric of the president, to the reckless response of his critics of rushing to impeach, and to the politics of division. It is time we speak with one voice. It is time to censure the president.

=========================================================

My opinion about Turley's recommendation of censure is that he was not facing reality. First, there was no way republicans were going to censure, unless such action requires only a majority vote. (I don't know how that works) Also, censure is practically nothing considering the magnitude of the crimes and planning.

More:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...re%20the%20president.

Censure is a formal, public, group condemnation of an individual, often a group member, whose actions run counter to the group's acceptable standards for individual behavior.[1] In the United States, governmental censure is done when a body's members wish to publicly reprimand the president of the United States, a member of Congress, a judge or a cabinet member. It is a formal statement of disapproval.[2] It relies on the target's sense of shame or their constituents' subsequent disapproval, without which it has little practical effect when done on members of Congress and no practical effect when done on the president. [3][4][5]

The United States Constitution specifically grants impeachment and conviction powers, respectively, to the House of Representatives and Senate. It also grants both congressional bodies the power to expel their own members, though it does not mention censure.

==================================================================

So, y'all like catch phrases: The shameless can't be shamed.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remember, the "highly respected" Jonathan Turley claimed Trump's request that the Georgia Secretary of State "find" him enough votes was a request for a recount and, when Trump's Christmas Message included "And may they rot in Hell" said this:
quote:
"Trump's message of 'May They Rot in Hell...Merry Christmas' is to holiday greetings what Die Hard is to Christmas movies: a matter of considerable interpretation for those of us stuck in the Peace-on-Earth or even just Ho-Ho-Ho mindset."

Like Trump is what the mouth-breathers think a rich man is, Turley is what they think an intelligent one is.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now back to the topic.

Sure enough do....

Wow! Tells me all I need to know.

spaceSteve

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Now back to the topic.

Sure enough do....

Wow! Tells me all I need to know.

spaceSteve

Win at all costs, ethics and morals mean nothing, push forward the agenda above all else. Today's GOP does not even remotely resemble the party of Reagan.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, they’re not zombie Trumpites, so there’s that! Wink

Posts: 5742 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For as long as I can remember Turley has been Libertarian. Usually both sides dislike them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...8f834131931957&ei=94

The House GOP’s shambolic Biden impeachment is dead — and Fox News dealt the fatal blow

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...=yt&ocid=socialshare

Dominion Lawsuit Reveals Fox and Murdoch Knew Trump's 2020 Claims Were Lies: A Closer Look

XXX