Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

5 Women Suing Texas over Miscarriage Care denied. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
These 5 women were denied needed care I the face of miscarriages because of Texas’ Abolition Law.

3 claim that because of medical care denied, they can no longer get pregnant.

Again, Texas already banned late term abortion under Plan Parenthood v Casey, Ana was a very restrictive state.

The consequences of your advocacy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...ortion-ban-suit.html

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/...states-abortion-laws

And Why your policy will not win the White House.

Posts: 10904 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Keep us up with these Joshua and let’s see the outcome. I believe these were staged cases. I checked with a close acquaintance who is an Ob Gyn after your last post. She said absolutely nothing has changed in how she treats patients.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your glorious state started it and kept up with it.

Call them liars. Know this, the allegations can be factually true; even if the State is not liable.

You did this. Your hand is over everyone of these women’s bodies.

It does not matter how your OGYN friend treats patients. What matters is how these women have been treated.

Posts: 10904 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Face it, if it was miscarriage, then there was malpractice. The new law has no impact there.

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Call them liars. Know this, the allegations can be factually true; even if the State is not liable.

It does not matter how your OGYN friend treats patients. What matters is how these women have been treated.

You are simply being a nut here.

If they were treated inappropriately…they have a gripe against their caregiver. Hire a malpractice attorney.

spaceJoshua

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

You are simply being a nut here.

If they were treated inappropriately…they have a gripe against their caregiver. Hire a malpractice attorney.

spaceJoshua

I think the argument is that the women required abortions due to health concerns and the providers refused to perform the procedure because of the potential for being criminally charged for doing so.

The state of affairs that your party and your SCOTUS has brought us to.

As for the med mal advice, good luck with that. Texas republicans have basically complete immunized healthcare providers in Texas from any liability for medical negligence.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15105 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LDVM see the response above. The claim against the state could fail as the S. Ct. has sanctioned the state’s restrictive laws.

Laws that have had a chilling affect on doctors faced with this fact pattern.
Miso, the Doctors relying might be liable, but the State may not be.

Possible, depending on Texas law, the doctors are not liable if your state has a good faith reliance on law (I think you guys call them Codes) or reliance of counsel.

I see you have joined the arguing with Cartoons team.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
LDVM see the response above. The claim against the state could fail as the S. Ct. has sanctioned the state’s restrictive laws.

Laws that have had a chilling affect on doctors faced with this fact pattern.
Miso, the Doctors relying might be liable, but the State may not be.

Possible, depending on Texas law, the doctors are not liable if your state has a good faith reliance on law (I think you guys call them Codes) or reliance of counsel.

I see you have joined the arguing with Cartoons team.

You just want more dead babies..... Face it.

You had no issue what so ever with the chilling effect on doctors that wanted to prescribe ivermec to covid patients....

You are a loon, deal with it.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am going on record that this case is going no where.

Texas OB GYNs have not changed their standard of patient care.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
So they wanted abortion and later complain they can’t get pregnant?
Bit misguided and little insane?

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kanec:

Right. You're the white guy that everybody wants deciding which kids get born. Roll Eyes

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15105 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kanec:

No, they wanted to have the children. The pregnancies went into medical crisis. Doctors because of the chilling affect of Texas abortion law did not terminate the pregnancy causing medical harm to the would be mothers including resulting sterilization of 3.

Again, I can see this civil action against the State of Texas getting dismissed; even if that allegation is true. This is because S. Ct. has sanctioned the states to make such laws.