New
Find
Notify
Tools

What's up with the genius lawyer Jack Smith? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
What's up with the genius lawyer Jack Smith?

coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all know the case would be removed from trial calendar when the Supreme Court refused to expedite the Immunity case.

A matter President Trump will lose. When that becomes final, the case will be re-docketed to the trial calendar.

Everything is not a conspiracy or a sign of weakness.

Confound it, the article even gives a reasonable explanation for the case being removed from the trial docket. It is the same as what I just told you.

However,..long been suspected proceedings would be pushed back, as the case is on hold while the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit decides whether Trump should be immune from prosecution since the charges against him relate to his time in office. Despite hearing arguments on January 9 about whether the former president can cite absolute immunity to dismiss Smith's case, it is unclear when the three-judge panel at the appeals court will make a decision.

that the March 4 trial date for Trump's 2020 election case no longer appears in a public calendar at the federal court in Washington D.C., with the administrative move a sign that the trial will be delayed pending the immunity appeal process.

I did not even have to read the article to know the above.

Step away from Alt Right Media to explain to you what is happening in the world.

When a case is not going to be tried for whatever reason, Judges remove it from the trial docket. It is routine.

There is nothing suspicious or to read into here as to the quality of the case.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Did I mention anything about something suspicious? Is Newsweek alt-right (whatever the hell that is) media?

Just asking what people thoughts. You gave yours. Thank you kindly.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You strongly inferred it with your inflammatory title, and your little coffee emoji.

You know what you are doing. Trying to frame your presentation to cast doubt to minimize of the prosecution, the charges, and the individual.

Your question as framed, “ What’s up with the genius lawyer Jack Smith?”is inflammatory and stupid. You are not so stupid. You know what you are trying to do. That being to cast doubt and minimize based on a nothing event.

There are no they thoughts to have. The only reasonable explanation is what the article and I have stated. You knew before you posted this why the matter was deleted from the trial calendar. Again, you are not that stupid.

You are pretending to be to get inflamed, ignorant responses.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
You strongly inferred it with your inflammatory title, and your little coffee emoji.

You know what you are doing. Trying to frame your presentation to cast doubt to minimize of the prosecution, the charges, and the individual.

Your question as framed, “ What’s up with the genius lawyer Jack Smith?”is inflammatory and stupid. You are not so stupid. You know what you are trying to do. That being to cast doubt and minimize based on a nothing event.

You are selective concerning 'inflammatory' wording.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike Mitchell labeled him as a genius…I was just going along. Wink

But I am glad I have you to let me know what my actions and thought processes are about…otherwise I would be lost.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

But I am glad I have you to let me know what my actions and thought processes are about…otherwise I would be lost.

That's the closest to the truth you've been lately.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

You are selective concerning 'inflammatory' wording.

Ann,
Joshua has been on a journey for a while. He is almost complete. He will soon emerge from his cocoon as a full fledged liberal butterfly.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My job is not to second you.

Go preach some more gay people are abominations, Dems are evil, and President Trump in any way worthy of the office of President.

Ann, I have called out those who speculate and profane statements toward you.

He knew what he was doing. He tried to hide it being cute. Everything I said he did with this post.

As usual he cannot deny it.

Dr. Easter knew what he was trying to do. He knows this means nothing and is routine given the status of the appeal. He was trying to mislead and galvanize those who do not know.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know why you're dragging me into this. Apparently, you didn't read the article you linked us to.

"However, it has long been suspected that the start of the proceedings would be pushed back, as the case is on hold while the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit decides whether Trump should be immune from prosecution since the charges against him relate to his time in office. Despite hearing arguments on January 9 about whether the former president can cite absolute immunity to dismiss Smith's case, it is unclear when the three-judge panel at the appeals court will make a decision."

I know you are a legal genius in addition to all the other expert hats you wear. Explain to all of us how this reflects badly on Jack Smith?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ann,
Joshua has been on a journey for a while. He is almost complete. He will soon emerge from his cocoon as a full fledged liberal butterfly.

Dude, you own me a real nice G&T. I lost it laughing with that comment.

animal animal animal

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Ann, I have called out those who speculate and profane statements toward you.

Yes, you have and I fully appreciate that. You definitely have class in that respect, calling out the vile classless on a discussion forum.

I am not saying you are a bad person at all here. Just, like several others, you can be a bit hypocritical when it comes to politics and opinion topics. I do strive to be in between and also on occasion, point out inconsistencies. No one is perfect.

I can appreciate one taking a stand but, also, one needs to call out both sides if one must take a such a stand. Just execute a little more thought. I know you are a very smart but passionate guy, but you can do that.

~Ann

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

I don't know why you're dragging me into this. Apparently, you didn't read the article you linked us to.

"However, it has long been suspected that the start of the proceedings would be pushed back, as the case is on hold while the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit decides whether Trump should be immune from prosecution since the charges against him relate to his time in office. Despite hearing arguments on January 9 about whether the former president can cite absolute immunity to dismiss Smith's case, it is unclear when the three-judge panel at the appeals court will make a decision."

I know you are a legal genius in addition to all the other expert hats you wear. Explain to all of us how this reflects badly on Jack Smith?

Did I say it reflects badly on Jack Smith? All I was pointing out was his initial plan of attack did not work. And, you did say he was a genius when he hatched it.

I read the article and got the explanation. He will be POTUS the second time when it comes to docket. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
These liberals certainly are sensitive these days. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Time for a little Kumbiya by the fire?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I take the guilty on shooting down Dr. Easter’s attempt to undermine or judicial process. Especially, when he knows better.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Y'all make me laugh and be glad we are all Americans who can give each other the business, but I hope remain steadfast friends.
There are forums out there where small,ignorant "men" speak darkly among themselves of "the left arm must be amputated."
If this is the case, the left and right must be amputated as well so that we, the decent freedom-loving, Constitution-loving, PTA/BoyScouts go to City Council meeting revere-the-voting-booth Americans can be done with these vile extremists on left and right.
There are a bunch of sulking, brooding right-wing losers out there who dream of killing Democrats because they don't get their way at the ballot box. Poor little boopsies. Gee, it is so hard to be a white male in these troubled times, even if I never rang doorbells on behalf of my candidates or even tried.
It makes me want to throw my graham crackers and milk and harm neighbors I have lived with all my life.
It makes me want to finger my AR and make sure my "SHTF bag" is current.
These are not Americans. They are self-indulged and deluded little persons who believe in the lying billionaire Orange Man and his culture of personal grievance. I can't account for it.
TDS is Truth Denial Syndrome.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BOOM What he said

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
And it goes for Dems as well
Fortunately both sides seemed to be just small minorities causing the trouble

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote