New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOP, taken over by aliens Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
. . . this is why the GOP is in trouble nationally . . . it has become the party of kooks, something that was for the longest time reserved for the Dems. Embarrassing. I sure as hell am glad my rep is not a member of this conference of nuts.

Freedom Caucus: Let Trump Walk or We Shut Down the Government

House Freedom Caucus: Let Trump Walk or We’ll Shut Down the Government
Story by Brett Bachman •

The House Freedom Caucus issued a series of ultimatums Monday, outlining the demands it wants met before the right-wing group’s members will support a measure to raise the U.S. debt ceiling and continue to fund the federal government. Among them: an end to the myriad criminal cases pending against former President Donald Trump (and the so-called “weaponization” of the Justice Department against conservatives), as well as ensured passage of a draconian immigration law and an amorphous demand to end “woke” policies in the U.S. military. “Furthermore, we will oppose any attempt by Washington to revert to its old playbook of using a series of short-term funding extensions designed to push Congress up against a December deadline to force the passage of yet another monstrous, budget busting, pork filled, lobbyist handout omnibus spending bill at year’s end."

Mike

Posts: 21198 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because the Fitch credit rating downgrade was not warning enough.....

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You only have to read a few threads here to realize that the GOP is intent on destroying itself……

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
You only have to read a few threads here to realize that the GOP is intent on destroying itself……

That's not their goal, of course, and I think "destroying itself" intentionally is a fantasy. But it may be a consequence.

If they destroy themselves, they will take the country down with them. I have no doubt about that.

Actually, IMO, whether they destroy themselves or prevail with their mission, they will take the country down with them. They already have to significant degree.

This is a long article - it's chilling:

https://newrepublic.com/articl...s-trump-shock-troops

The Shock Troops of the Next Big Lie
How the Christian nationalist movement’s well-funded strategists are aiming at voters in Virginia and beyond for 2024

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaking of aliens:

https://youtu.be/M58EEaGWBBU

It's only on the brink that people find the will to change

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . this is why the GOP is in trouble nationally . . . it has become the party of kooks, something that was for the longest time reserved for the Dems. Embarrassing. I sure as hell am glad my rep is not a member of this conference of nuts.

Freedom Caucus: Let Trump Walk or We Shut Down the Government

House Freedom Caucus: Let Trump Walk or We’ll Shut Down the Government
Story by Brett Bachman •

The House Freedom Caucus issued a series of ultimatums Monday, outlining the demands it wants met before the right-wing group’s members will support a measure to raise the U.S. debt ceiling and continue to fund the federal government. Among them: an end to the myriad criminal cases pending against former President Donald Trump (and the so-called “weaponization” of the Justice Department against conservatives), as well as ensured passage of a draconian immigration law and an amorphous demand to end “woke” policies in the U.S. military. “Furthermore, we will oppose any attempt by Washington to revert to its old playbook of using a series of short-term funding extensions designed to push Congress up against a December deadline to force the passage of yet another monstrous, budget busting, pork filled, lobbyist handout omnibus spending bill at year’s end."

There's never been a time when the Dems could even approach the nuttiness of the current GOP. Policies and arguments that were disagreeable? Sure. Policies and arguments whose stated intent was to shut down the United States Government? Not something that was done. The new GOP reps causing these problems are a bag of nutjobs and whackos kowtowing to the 1/3 of the party that have lost their minds.

Thanks, FOX, trump and all of you trumptards.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15050 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't get in their way.

Seriously, change your address and register to vote for MTG. M.E. should too. Do some Double Agent stuff and help finish relegating the GOP to the looney bin.

I've got three pretty sensible, practical legislators up here so I'm not a lot of help. Maybe I should have voted Palin for House.

It's like they say about the addicts, they gotta hit rock bottom before they climb out. Let's hurry the GOP along to rock bottom. The sooner they destruct, the sooner we can have a conservative party and candidates that aren't nuts.

Posts: 9087 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"The sooner they destruct, the sooner we can have a conservative party and candidates that aren't nuts."

They will never quit.

https://youtu.be/VAmvcxVIzkc

Is the MAGA base a cult?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/R7X6o685F-4

Jon Stewart: GOP resorts to culture wars because they are out of ideas

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1153 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might be correct, but it hasn’t worked on the left.

The left continues to devolve, but the right’s decline is certainly more precipitous.

I think we are seeing why some of the Ancient Greek philosophers had concerns about how to run a democracy and why a true democracy doesn’t work.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

Don't get in their way.

Seriously, change your address and register to vote for MTG. M.E. should too. Do some Double Agent stuff and help finish relegating the GOP to the looney bin.

I've got three pretty sensible, practical legislators up here so I'm not a lot of help. Maybe I should have voted Palin for House.

It's like they say about the addicts, they gotta hit rock bottom before they climb out. Let's hurry the GOP along to rock bottom. The sooner they destruct, the sooner we can have a conservative party and candidates that aren't nuts.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote