Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pretty good speech from Kevin Costner. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Proving we are often more similar than different, I couldn't help but draw parallels between his childhood and mine.
I didnt take the gun to school, but I took the ammo, the dead game. I hunted and fished the local golf course and park, because I had no where else.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulrbaSWq3Lc&t=1188s

Posts: 4240 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just listened to this.

Wife, “ That gives a me more respect for Kevin Costner.”

Two things that stand out to me.

“If he misuses it, you can take it.”

and

“This is our last hunt together.”

We will all have a last hunt. I hope your life as a hunter is well shared.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Helluva speech! Tears welled in the corners of my eyes a couple of times as he brought past memories into my mind.

patriot Kevin!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I just listened to this.

Wife, “ That gives a me more respect for Kevin Costner.”

Two things that stand out to me.

“If he misuses it, you can take it.”

and

“This is our last hunt together.”

We will all have a last hunt. I hope your life as a hunter is well shared.

Yeah, duck shooting was our big family occasion when I was growing up. I was 9 or 10 when I last hunted with my grandfather, he was a deadly shot till the end and we drove the 5 hours home on the monday morning after a weekend of hunting. He rang my uncle and asked to go for another hunt that night, shot 5 ducks, went home to my grandmother and told her that he would clean his gun, As it was the last time he would use it, and died that night.
I held it together at his funeral until the reverend described his image of my grandfather walking up too the pearly gates with a brace in his hand for st Peter.

Posts: 4240 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote