New
Find
Notify
Tools

What'd I say? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
White House staff 'relocated' after pro-Palestinian rioters damage anti-scale fencing, hurl objects at cops

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ng-hurl-objects-cops

Unbelievable.
I wish unbelievable. We asked for this right? We allowed and excused the MAGA criminals that sacked the capital on January 6th and gave these demons license.

My nation crumbles before my eyes and I have a 7 year old daughter.

Posts: 9148 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For the sake of mental health and the health of the nation - QUIT WATCHING FOX NEWS.

It's designed to upset you.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19811 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So…White House staff was NOT relocated after pro-Palestinian rioters DIDN’T damage anti-scale fencing, and DIDN’T hurl objects at cops!!!???

Do you like to shelter yourself ME???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36697 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you like to shelter yourself ME???

Yes.

I didn't say any of that stuff you claim. So, yes, I would like to be sheltered from lies, whether it comes from you or Fox.

I want to know lies exist, but not affected by them.

Actually, I think you are a bit more reliable for truth telling than Fox.

The thing with Fox is that they will sensationalize EVERY time, for the sake of ratings, the sake of truth be damned.

For example:
And I haven't studied this and won't because I don't know the difference in Pro and anti-something on this topic. But Fox will put the label on it as pro-Palestinian rather than anti-death just to skew and feed perception.

So, a bunch of anti-death people damaged a fence, played stone age, and some staff got scared and moved? That's not Fox worthy headlines, is it?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19811 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So once more ME…was the Fox News headline a lie? Yes or No. coffee

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36697 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Search title:
quote:
pro-Palestinian rioters damage anti-scale fencing

Search results: https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz#ip=1

I did a search for corroboration, which is what I recommend on anything outta Fox.

For one thing I wasn't able to read the Fox article, due to some ad blocker that I don't want to disable. I could read the headlines.

I found several articles referring or mimicking Fox. Here's one:

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news...o=1&ocid=socialshare

'Pro-Palestinian protesters damage White House's anti-scale fencing, prompt staff relocation'
Story by TOI World Desk • 11h

Times of India

Their "tone" is acceptable to me. I think they reported the events and collateral rather factually.

Here's another article and video that is not designed incendiary, but just informs.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/na...ian-marches/3433525/

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
So…was Fox correct ME?

Have the guts to admit it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
If you find this helpful:
https://www.npr.org/2024/01/13...efire-israel-protest

So the Palestinians/ Hamas are the guys using their hospitals to hide military hardware, store mortar shells in kindergarten classrooms, want to wipe out Israel, "From the River to the Sea!" and rape and murder Israeli babies.

"Thousands" were in D.C. advocating for these guys.

We all know here I'm no military strategist but I have read enough history, seen enough war movies and have a little common sense so I tell myself I think I know what they're doing.

The enemy probes the other to test strength. How did other combatants fare against their defenses? Send a small force out against their lines, look for weakness. Can we get to the fence? Can we get past the fence? Can we get to the doors? Inside the doors?

So January 6th demonstrated you can breach barriers and get inside the building. Yesterday demonstrated you can get to and work on the Whitehouse fence.

Gosh I wonder where they'll stop next? It looks to me like it's up to the aggressor where they decide to stop.

Posts: 9148 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
So…was Fox correct ME?

Have the guts to admit it.

Looks like Fox was correct, judging from the headline.

And so is Scott.

I don't understand how or what the protestors are thinking. Do they know something that justifies their protests?

Or, like the 1/6 protests/riot analogy Scott used, not have their heads on straight with reality?

We all know that people (and nation/states) justify behavior strange and/or wrong to us with ideas that don't make sense to us.

Supposedly they protest to draw attention to their ideas which they are passionate about when nothing else seems to work. What seems to be happening is that they aren't listening, and accusing others, the other side of ideas, of not listening. The goal????

Like the 1/6 protest and riot, the same thing was/had happened with the listening thing. But for most of us, we did understand the ideas they were operating on, and were listening, but rejected them. Most of us rejected their actions - the damage. Some of us, listening with our heads on straight with reality, rejected the legitimacy of the protests too that day, because we had listened to the BIG LIE, the fundamental basis behind it all, and rejected it. The rioters decided to force their ideas, with a mission and end goal - beyond listening.

It's gonna happen from time to time. Fortunately, we have secular laws for a reason.

As you know and probably agree, peaceful protests are allowed and can be lawful with conditions or stipulations in this country. The problem is that too often a segment or faction of the protestors passionately want to force their ideas. Some just want to create chaos and do damage. I don't know how to fix that, except to support the rule of law.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Everybody has the Right to protest, but it's time that forcing your way into government facilities creates more Ashli Babbits.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9586 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Everybody has the Right to protest, but it's time that forcing your way into government facilities creates more Ashli Babbits.

God Bless that lady, I hope she's at peace in Heaven, but I think she was begging for deadly force to be used against her as were a whole lot of her friends that day.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.usatoday.com/story...-million/6813761002/

Capitol fencing built after riot to cost at least $19 million through March as lawmakers debate future

published Feb 25, 2021

(excerpt)

After the deadly riot, a 7-foot fence topped with barbed wire was erected outside Capitol building and a second, wider fence surrounds the larger Capitol complex, blocking members of the public or protesters from visiting areas that had normally been open to the public. National Guardsmen and police officers patrol the Capitol grounds, with some carrying rifles.

Capitol Police officials have said the fence is necessary to provide continued security for the Capitol following the riot, when law enforcement officers were overwhelmed by rioters. Acting Capitol Police Chief Yogananda Pittman has said the fencing may need to become permanent.

Architect of the Capitol J. Brett Blanton, who oversees the complex’s operations, told lawmakers Wednesday his agency had incurred $30 million in costs to cover the cost of the fencing and other security and maintenance expenses.

The aide clarified that $19 million of that total had gone towards the fence, with the remainder going towards funding employee support services, damage estimates, cleaning of the Capitol, support for the National Guard, and other expenses.

Blanton told lawmakers his agency's first assessment of damage to the building's interior and exterior was "was broken glass, broken doors and graffiti," but other historical statues, murals, benches, and shutters "suffered varying degrees of damage" from chemical irritants and fire extinguishers discharged in the building.

The $30 million is not the final amount required to cover the costs of security and repairs at the Capitol, Blanton said.

Telling lawmakers forthcoming expenses would be “unfunded,” Blanton said Wednesday additional funding would also be needed “should the elevated security posture of the campus extend past March 31."

=================================================================

It is indeed stupid to overtake the Capitol by force.

Apparently even stupid hardheaded people can learn the hard way.

Now, the plan is an inside job, which is well developed and may succeed. This second plan will cost the country much more than $30 million.

"Believe Trump’s Threats to Use the Presidency as His Personal Vengeance Machine because this time, the velociraptors have figured out how to work the doorknobs.”

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Spare the firepower, spoil the MAGAts.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9586 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought you retarded lefties said fences don't work?????

Make up your hypocritical minds animal

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They worked this time. Nobody died, nobody got in.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
White House staff 'relocated' after pro-Palestinian rioters damage anti-scale fencing, hurl objects at cops

Unbelievable.
I wish unbelievable. We asked for this right? We allowed and excused the MAGA criminals that sacked the capital on January 6th and gave these demons license.

Let's go back to Scott's OP.

Respectfully, I have issues with his wording and emphasis.

No, we didn't ask for this.

No, we didn't give "demons" license.

Who's "we" allowing and excusing the MAGA criminals?

And no, the nation is not yet crumbling.

My opinion is that the so-deemed pro-Palestinian protestors, will never be the threat to the nation that Trump and MAGA are. I don't like to make comparisons like that, but you made the analogy - sort of.

Here are some examples from the media to help explain what I mean - what to worry about. I'll start with Fox News. Note that they embed a Trump lie or two in the narrative:

Trump is trying to push this beyond Election Day: Andy McCarthy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...5Yn?ocid=socialshare

And of course, Fox and republicans are trying their best to make Biden wrong, and by doing so are causing harm to the nation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...DyL?ocid=socialshare

Then other media sources:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...GUD?ocid=socialshare

Conway: 'Kowtowing to a psychopath' is not worth a congressional seat

Top Republican figures, including House Majority Whip Tom Emmer and Majority Leader Steve Scalise, have recently endorsed Donald Trump for the 2024 presidential campaign — despite Trump's previous criticisms of their leadership abilities and decisions, such as Emmer's vote to certify the 2020 election and Scalise's health concerns. George Conway and Jen Psaki call out the lack of personal integrity among these GOP leaders and note Trump's continued influence over the GOP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b68c457e7604a2&ei=71

George Conway predicts what Trump will do if he starts losing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b68c457e7604a2&ei=93

‘He’s a sociopath’: Conway reacts to Trump’s ‘veiled threat’ to judges

XXX

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Hurling objects at cops and damaging structures sounds more like the BLM summer of love.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

Unbelievable.

Let's go back to Scott's OP.

Respectfully, I have issues with his wording and emphasis.

No, we didn't ask for this. The hell we didn't ask for this. We allowed the Rodney King protests, BLM protests January 6th protest and now this Hamas protests to go way to far.

No, we didn't give "demons" license. The hell we didn't. The BLM folks as well as the January 6th folks should have been shot on site.

Who's "we" allowing and excusing the MAGA criminals? Many of my friends and like minded PF participants here.

And no, the nation is not yet crumbling. The hell it isn't. If it is now common, regular and acceptable for protestors and rioters to vandalize our public institutions, to soil our seats of government, we are crumbling. When Hamas/ Taliban/ ISIS tips over and burns the Washington Monument you'll think what? When Abu Ahmed al Camel Humper blasts the face of Abe off of he Lincoln Memorial you'll think what?

My opinion is that the so-deemed pro-Palestinian protestors, will never be the threat to the nation that Trump and MAGA are. I don't like to make comparisons like that, but you made the analogy - sort of. You bet I made the comparison and apparently you forget 9/11. If you think any of the fervor of the Taliban of 9/11 isn't shared and amplified with Hamas, the Houthi or your average Iranian after we droned their general a couple years ago you are not seeing the light of day.

Here are some examples from the media to help explain what I mean - what to worry about. I'll start with Fox News. Note that they embed a Trump lie or two in the narrative:

Trump is trying to push this beyond Election Day: Andy McCarthy

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...5Yn?ocid=socialshare

And of course, Fox and republicans are trying their best to make Biden wrong, and by doing so are causing harm to the nation.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movi...DyL?ocid=socialshare

Then other media sources:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...GUD?ocid=socialshare

Conway: 'Kowtowing to a psychopath' is not worth a congressional seat

Top Republican figures, including House Majority Whip Tom Emmer and Majority Leader Steve Scalise, have recently endorsed Donald Trump for the 2024 presidential campaign — despite Trump's previous criticisms of their leadership abilities and decisions, such as Emmer's vote to certify the 2020 election and Scalise's health concerns. George Conway and Jen Psaki call out the lack of personal integrity among these GOP leaders and note Trump's continued influence over the GOP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b68c457e7604a2&ei=71

George Conway predicts what Trump will do if he starts losing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b68c457e7604a2&ei=93

‘He’s a sociopath’: Conway reacts to Trump’s ‘veiled threat’ to judges

Trump lost all his popular votes, I can't think of anything more to say than I guess we'll see what's next. I haven't voted for Trump ever and won't, several of are friends here have said they did and won't again, I guess we'll see what happens.

In my 55 years I've never seen any Americans support Islamic terrorists until today. I remember the Iran Hostages, I remember the Beirut Marine barracks bomb and 9/11. I do not ever once remember the anti Israel/ pro Islamic terrorist sentiment expressed by my fellow Americans today. In my experience, "Jew Hate" was relegated to backwoods, hillbilly, dipshit white trash wanna be Nazi in breeders.
Not today! In these modern times anti semitism is forefront, headlines, get a permit from the United States Park Service so you can close down the US capital.

Mind blown! Completely mind blown and yes we did absolutely groom this.

"Ye shall reap what ye shall sow."

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
As I said, I have a 7 year old.

Id like to be able to send her out into a nation that didn't harbor citizens that think, "Sharia just hasn't had its due!" I'd like her to be in a society that doesn't defend and excuse hiding mortar shells in kindergarten classrooms.

I'd like to think my daughter could mistakenly wander into a BLM or American Hamas gathering and be unharmed. I don't believe that, do you?

In my lifetime we've gone from leaving our homes unlocked to buying security for our laptops and luggage, our homes, cars, and whatever else we can affix those gps trackers to.

Today we stand and watch while hoodlums burglarize our cars in broad daylight and we do nothing.

No kidding? We're not crumbling?

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/g...d=pcmcat191100050003
This is not an indication of our United States becoming more civilized.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Diversity is NOT our strength. Being a non prefix American “was” our strength. In a sense, nationalism was our strength — one people standing together for the love of the American dream. That mindset is rapidly becoming extinct.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott King:

No, we didn't ask for this. The hell we didn't ask for this. We allowed the Rodney King protests, BLM protests January 6th protest and now this Hamas protests to go way to far.

No, we didn't give "demons" license. The hell we didn't. The BLM folks as well as the January 6th folks should have been shot on site.

Who's "we" allowing and excusing the MAGA criminals? Many of my friends and like minded PF participants here.

And no, the nation is not yet crumbling. The hell it isn't. If it is now common, regular and acceptable for protestors and rioters to vandalize our public institutions, to soil our seats of government, we are crumbling. When Hamas/ Taliban/ ISIS tips over and burns the Washington Monument you'll think what? When Abu Ahmed al Camel Humper blasts the face of Abe off of he Lincoln Memorial you'll think what?

My opinion is that the so-deemed pro-Palestinian protestors, will never be the threat to the nation that Trump and MAGA are. I don't like to make comparisons like that, but you made the analogy - sort of. You bet I made the comparison and apparently you forget 9/11. If you think any of the fervor of the Taliban of 9/11 isn't shared and amplified with Hamas, the Houthi or your average Iranian after we droned their general a couple years ago you are not seeing the light of day.

In my 55 years I've never seen any Americans support Islamic terrorists until today. I remember the Iran Hostages, I remember the Beirut Marine barracks bomb and 9/11. I do not ever once remember the anti Israel/ pro Islamic terrorist sentiment expressed by my fellow Americans today. In my experience, "Jew Hate" was relegated to backwoods, hillbilly, dipshit white trash wanna be Nazi in breeders.
Not today! In these modern times anti semitism is forefront, headlines, get a permit from the United States Park Service so you can close down the US capital.

So, your argument is that "we" groomed this because we didn't shoot them all on the spot.

I see.

That proposal will take lots of ammo and lots of trigger happies.

Hamas/ Taliban/ ISIS/ Houthi/ average Iranian/ Islamic terrorists/ anti Israel/ pro Islamic terrorist sentiment/ "Jew Hate"/ wanna be Nazi in breeders/ from the river to the sea advocates.

Hummm - yea, I agree. Mind blown.

Continue, my friend, watch Fox News since they are the best source to feed your rage, and hype. It's really a choice.

If I thought that the pro-Palestinian protests were directly supporting all those quoted from your posts, terrorists specifically, I might agree with you.

Search on "what are the GLOBAL pro Palestine protests about?"

first video:

https://youtu.be/pi60tgqQkiU?si=XwF26F21Ra4IjY0f

Global pro-Palestinian protests call for Gaza ceasefire

Take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz-serp

What if, for the most part, what they want is a ceasefire?

And reading your post, you do not want a ceasefire, and additionally you want the firing to include the protestors and anyone who wants a ceasefire... IOW, it looks like you are advocating a Genocide, not only in Gaza, but world-wide.

I'm wondering who is the radical?

Would you pull the trigger?

Since I'm arguing with you about your ideas, would I also be a target?

You do know, of course, that sword has two edges, which is applicable in the big picture of this mess, and that's looking at it from several aspects - humanitarian, practically, cause and effect, human nature for revenge, and spiritually..

Normally I wouldn't mention your daughter, so let's just include all children in the world. What would you like for them to read in the history classes - that a ceasefire was successful and led to a broader peace, or that we and allies tried to kill them all? I used the word "tried" intentionally, because obviously that wouldn't settle anything. It would become much worse - forever.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This argument is much broader than you thought. It's a world-scope argument. Did you know that this is happening from The Hague?

https://youtu.be/B9KXfUhZKKI?si=VAKmdngoixwDm-YF

How Israel Is Defending Itself at World Court on Charges of Genocide

Jan 12, 2024

The second day of South Africa's case against Israel at the International Court of Justice at The Hague saw Israel take the stand, defending against accusations that its government is committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza. South Africa is demanding an emergency suspension of Israel's aerial and ground assault on Gaza in front of the United Nations' highest court. From The Hague, we hear from Diala Shamas, a senior staff attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights, the organization that sued President Biden in November, accusing him of failing to prevent genocide in Gaza. Shamas recaps the two days of hearings and discusses other avenues for holding Israel accountable. "Whether it's at the ICJ or whether it's in federal court in the United States, we're really looking to government to do everything that they can to uphold their duty to prevent an unfolding genocide," says Shamas.

https://youtu.be/ZS6IYp0BErg?si=CROWKNFaR7vkImyC
Jan 12, 2024
Gaza Genocide Unmasked By Irish Lawyer's HISTORIC Speech At The ICJ

At The Hague yesterday, Blinne Ní Ghrálaigh KC delivered an unbelievably powerful - condemning the Israeli state for the utter horror it has unleashed against Gaza. Here it is in full - everyone needs to see it.

===============================================================================

Those two videos above are rather long.

Here are two that are shorter:

https://youtu.be/_TTNw2TwFuA?si=YkiderYVA-jyLn3E

Israel Panicking In Response To ICJ Case

https://youtu.be/M7YeVhN-IKM?si=1HraffGRA58Z5uOz

ICJ Lawyer: Israel WILL LOSE Genocide Case

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott King:

So, your argument is that "we" groomed this because we didn't shoot them all on the spot.

I see.

That proposal will take lots of ammo and lots of trigger happies.

Hamas/ Taliban/ ISIS/ Houthi/ average Iranian/ Islamic terrorists/ anti Israel/ pro Islamic terrorist sentiment/ "Jew Hate"/ wanna be Nazi in breeders/ from the river to the sea advocates.

Hummm - yea, I agree. Mind blown.

Continue, my friend, watch Fox News since they are the best source to feed your rage, and hype. It's really a choice.

If I thought that the pro-Palestinian protests were directly supporting all those quoted from your posts, terrorists specifically, I might agree with you.

Search on "what are the GLOBAL pro Palestine protests about?"

first video:

https://youtu.be/pi60tgqQkiU?si=XwF26F21Ra4IjY0f

Global pro-Palestinian protests call for Gaza ceasefire

Take your pick:

https://www.google.com/search?...sclient=gws-wiz-serp

What if, for the most part, what they want is a ceasefire?

And reading your post, you do not want a ceasefire, and additionally you want the firing to include the protestors and anyone who wants a ceasefire... IOW, it looks like you are advocating a Genocide, not only in Gaza, but world-wide.

I'm wondering who is the radical?

Would you pull the trigger?

Since I'm arguing with you about your ideas, would I also be a target?

You do know, of course, that sword has two edges, which is applicable in the big picture of this mess, and that's looking at it from several aspects - humanitarian, practically, cause and effect, human nature for revenge, and spiritually..

Normally I wouldn't mention your daughter, so let's just include all children in the world. What would you like for them to read in the history classes - that a ceasefire was successful and led to a broader peace, or that we and allies tried to kill them all? I used the word "tried" intentionally, because obviously that wouldn't settle anything. It would become much worse - forever.

They hide mortar shells in kindergarten classrooms.
You really think there can be a successful ceasefire? Come now.

The rest of your post is no more than silly exaggerating.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would you advocate genocide within Israel?

Of course not.

Would you advocate genocide in Gaza? To include shooting those who oppose by protesting? To include the children in the kindergarten?

You have answered the questions already.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would you advocate genocide within Israel?

Of course not.

Would you advocate genocide in Gaza? To include shooting those who oppose by protesting? To include the children in the kindergarten?

You have answered the questions already.

I support Israel protecting itself by whatever force necessary to neutralize the forces who would kill them OR allow others to kill them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
When I hear the crap about the Palestinians not being synonymous with Hamas, I remember well the early videos in Gaza showing the hostages being paraded into town, bloody and stuffed into trucks and SUV’s. The streets were flooded with Palestinians screaming and firing AK’s into the air. The trucks could barely move. Then I read shit here about how Hamas makes up a small proportion of the Palestinians and most people just want to go about life in peace. What a pant load…. barf

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13182 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read this and wonder:

Jurisdiction of the International Court of Justice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...nal_Court_of_Justice

What's the chance of Hamas or any Islamic terrorist org or state abiding the decisions of the ICJ?

Is it hypocrisy to condemn a member state for acts deemed genocide, when the enemy state has no abiding constraint intent or means?

Here's more reading that may offer answers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_jurisdiction
Universal jurisdiction

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...urt_of_Justice_cases
List of International Court of Justice cases

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_genocide_case
Bosnian genocide case

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I post this here because I don't know of a better thread.

My target audience is Scott and Lane, then etc.

I'll try to make this brief.

Just now, 15 minutes ago I got off a phone conversation with a guy who leases hunting rights on fifty acres of my property. We work it out in exchange. He owns a tree service business and has good equipment. I called him to find out if he had shot some does on Saturday. My thought was selfish since I figured to talk him into some venison.

Instead, the conversation over the phone went on for over an hour. I didn't plan that, but just followed the cues.

He is a southern Baptist preacher. He is very much conservative. I really like him. He is well informed and intelligent and successful, and has a good family and friends. I was surprised how little prodding it took to get him going. Like I said, I just went with it. I made sure I didn't piss him off or insult him.

I had just finished loading the feeders with corn. Deer season is over. Hogs have taken over. Happens every year about this time. I'm thinking of harvesting and making sausage. He has the same thought. There is no closed season on hogs, so we have at least 2 more months. I like cold temps for the harvest.

Anyway, we discussed, and I listened mostly, Biden, Trump, Trumpism, open carry vs concealed, choice of firearms for personal protection, the consequences of use, people who take advantage of the system, Gaza, Israel, conspiracy theories vs reality, the end times and the rapture, secular morals vs Christian morals, and a lot more. Practically all the stuff that I'm interested in. Imagine that. In an hour - unplanned.

He likes 9mm simi-autos. I like feather weight S&W 38 +P hidden hammer revolvers, five shot, loaded with Hornady critical defense ammo. He liked my reasons - Stiff trigger, double action only, no brass left behind, no special holster required - just stick in my trouser pocket or vest pocket.

He gave me some advice. Since I'm most often working on projects outside, in the country-side with nobody around, he suggested that I have a firearm handy when working since my tools alone are tempting. In response I asked him if he was available to help me, if needed, to dispose of the bodies, and other evidence. He demurred. Smiler

I like this guy. He is representative of the folks I grew up knowing, and now I'm surrounded. I told him several times in the conversation that his views are very interesting to me, and I specifically said "not that I agree". He had no problem with that.

Anyway, I thought you should know, for perspective.

This forum has taught me that, at least.

I have even made peace with my brother-in-law, who is a true-believer, fundamentalist, Trump lovin' Southern Baptist Christian.

We all gotta get along in this crazy world.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
The three of us are friendly here. I have no doubt we'd be even better face to face.

The point of the of is to discuss politics and events. That's the only point. As your example suggests, we don't run around being disagreeable in public and especially with our values associates because we don't want to damage the association.

I like the both of you just fine. I don't know either from Adam but I enjoy conversing with you, wish you well and am very happy to think you two are prosperous in any way you want to be.

M.E., when you started talking genocide and me hurting you I bailed right out of that. It's to far. I do think some participants here are real Meatheads but I'm not the guy to wish or intend I'll or worse.

My original point, and I believe very strongly that I'm right, is that the bad guys no longer fear consequences. The bad guys see how the good guys respond to bad and decide the consequences don't outweigh the bad action.

Hamas, the Taliban, ISIS and obviously several hundred January 6th rioters didn't fear the consequences. That needs to change.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My original point, and I believe very strongly that I'm right, is that the bad guys no longer fear consequences. The bad guys see how the good guys respond to bad and decide the consequences don't outweigh the bad action.

That's exactly right!

From shoplifting to "peaceful protests".

To murder....

There are no consequences for destructive anti social behavior....

Starts in grade school and magnifies!

Posts: 41790 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hamas, the Taliban, ISIS and obviously several hundred January 6th rioters didn't fear the consequences. That needs to change.

I quoted only part of your post for a reason.

I tend to agree.

That's a sad and disturbing situation, IMO.

There are key words in your post: "fear consequences". THAT has huge implications. I could write a thesis on that alone. But I won't. Thank me. Wink

Fearing the consequences is the last resort in the realm of civil behavior, society, humanity. It's for those who can't regulate themselves out of moral foundation, whether religious or secular.

The "consequences" is broader than accountability by the rest of humanity.

For the majority of the world's humanity, it's spiritual as well.

Think of it this way: Suppose the so-deemed by us terrorists (the bad guys) think (believe) the consequence of their behavior is reward, by the god they believe in. They get six wives, for example.

"that needs to change" --- how?

My thinking on this is simple, at least to me. We can't change anything by force, especially genocide or complicity thereof. Our best tool is by example. Is the Christian faith benevolent, or not?

If it is benevolent, then demonstrate it to the world.

Reciprocating religious justified malevolence is the same as hate and violence breeds likewise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ence_begets_violence

Violence begets violence

Violence begets violence is a concept described in the Gospel of Matthew, verse 26:52.[3][4][5] The passage depicts a disciple (identified in the Gospel of John as Peter) drawing a sword to defend against the arrest of Jesus but being told to sheath his weapon:

"Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword."[6]

Words by Martin Luther King Jr.
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929–1968) used the phrase when saying:[7][8][9]

Hate begets hate; violence begets violence; toughness begets a greater toughness. We must meet the forces of hate with the power of love... Our aim must never be to defeat or humiliate the white man, but to win his friendship and understanding.[7]

The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it. Through violence you may murder the liar, but you cannot murder the lie, nor establish the truth. Through violence you may murder the hater, but you do not murder hate. In fact, violence merely increases hate. Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.[10]

================================================

There is something I want you to know, something that surprises even me, and I like it.

When I start responding to a post, I don't know exactly what I'm going to write. I figure it out as I go, on the go. Sometimes I surprise myself.

Often, I edit.

I don't know if that's unique or not.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wik...e%20of%20merchandise.

Jesus thew down and was/ is a Pacifist. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pacifist

Definition: A person who believes that war and violence is unjustifiable.

Take it to the next level - a person who believes reciprocal war and violence is unjustifiable.

Now, the tricky part is self-defense.

Where does that start and end?

One would think perhaps self-defense ends where genocide begins.

After all, humanity, collectively, has tried to address all this in the Geneva Conventions. (BTW, a secular concept)

https://www.google.com/search?...oYCg&sclient=gws-wiz

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
And I never, not once not ever watch Fox News.
I have the app on my phone and read it daily, but I never, ever, ever ever ever watch Fox News.

I hava always preferred the written word over the spoken and can't stand the editorial and opinion. I like facts, information, and I can draw my own conclusions which are frequently wrong. hilbily

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The US has a complex background on who we pick to help, or ignore.
I got to visit that sunny paradise Mogadishu, Somalia in 93. Yet the next year Clinton buried info sent by the ambassador to Kenya of weapons being trafficked into Rwanda. We ignored the genocide there, up to a million were reportedly killed.
Much depends on public sentiment on how the politicians react, but that is only part of it.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
We ignored Rhodesia and had we not we would have a strong ally in southern Africa.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have the app on my phone and read it daily

Close enough.

I don't have the Fox app, or any media app. I do have subscriptions to WaPo, NYT, and Newsweek, etc.

There is a lot of significant information about Israel, history and present, especially the relationship with the USA.

But one can't get to it from a single source.

However, for expediency I'll single out one (of many) recent video which gives some history and brings that relevancy into today:

https://youtu.be/oQJt8dwvs78?si=9x3QqmsobUmu5UPT

The US-Israel relationship explained

Perhaps the most significant aspect of the relationship is briefly described starting at 7:51 in the video:

So, this link starts at 7:51, same video:

https://youtu.be/oQJt8dwvs78?s...e_21hgh9XOpvtK&t=471

Here's more info from Wikipedia. I skipped down to "Biblical interpretations"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ical_interpretations

There are many sources of info on this.

The End Times, Second Coming, Rapture, Biblical prophecy, fundamentalism, etc.

The prime reason there is so much political pressure is because of Biblical belief.

IOW, politicians must support Israel to get elected.

All the conversations I've had recently with my fundamentalist friends and relatives and some I don't count as friends boil down to they believe we are in the End Times, with all the associated implications.

Granted, I live in the Bible Belt of the USA, and a disproportionate number of zealots live here.

And most importantly, they are okay with it. Some are more than okay with it. They find all the answers they need in such belief. For one collateral thing, that's why MAGA exists and the basis for Trump support.

Think about it.

Suppose, based on lots of evidence, that the real reasons for Trumpism and support for Israel's genocide on Palestinians (infidels) is because fundamental Christians want to fulfill the prophesy of the Bible - help it along - so when the Big Daddy in the Sky decides to send his Son back, he will have a soft and welcoming landing spot on earth.

Imagine that - justifications for the means to an End, war, genocide, based on an ancient middle east religion, specifically a book in the Bible, Revelations, a prophesy practically impossible to decipher accurately, a fantasy, written by a madman about 2000 years ago.

We live in a world filled with nukes, where all sides make big decisions, influenced by fantasy, religious and otherwise.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that was so Kabob, why do almost 70% of US jews say they are, or lean, Democrat?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by theback40

XXX