Find
Notify
Tools

In Christian benevolence to Russia,.. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
https://www.forbes.com/sites/d...ors/?sh=5672f3f112c7

I think I've seen WW2 Russian military planes and other antiques in museums around the States, out of charity, couldn't we send em back to Russia since they seem to be out of everything else?

2020 2020 2020

Somebody start getting batteries in the Model It's.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Christian Benevolence??????????

You are obviously trolling.

But I do see some irony.

Benevolence towards a world killer?

I can see how True Believers could say to themselves, it's God's plan, let it happen. Maybe it will accelerate the second coming and the rapture. Fuch the rest of it
(reality).

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19748 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure Scot was being sarcastic…

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Way, huge trolling. Gargantuan kidding.

But we are made to understand that Vlad carries on!

I way, way don't get Russia.

Posts: 9119 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All you have to understand is that the russian elite still consider the population their surfs, to dispose of as they desire. It makes no difference whether 100 or 1 million die as long as there is a chance the other side will give in.

As Stalin said, one death is a tragedy, One million is a statistic.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are facing something that IMO we are conditioned to not understand.

IMO, it takes out-of-the-box thinking to grasp Putin.

IMO, it's like really getting the depth of pure evil.

Our ordinary lives just don't jive with that.

Pure evil will see benevolence as an opportunity.

"I could have told him — he was a KGB agent. By definition he doesn’t have a soul," Hillary Clinton

"I looked into his eyes and saw three letters: a K, a G and a B." John McCain

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19748 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Putin is understandable.

The KGB was always logical, if not motivated by the same goals and pathways that we in the west use.

Putin miscalculated somewhere with this war. Whether it was the Ukrainian resolve to be independent, the willingness of the west to get involved, the willingness of Europe to give up some prosperity, or that Biden was willing to support Kiev to a higher degree than Obama, I doubt we will ever know.

It was commonly said when the war started that Russian troops expected to be seen as liberating brothers... and that the war would be over in a week or two.

Was Putin miscalculating most of this, or was this an example of what usually happens to totalitarian states in that yes men predominate and facts take a back seat to goals?

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

Pure evil will see benevolence as an opportunity.

"I could have told him — he was a KGB agent. By definition he doesn’t have a soul," Hillary Clinton

"I looked into his eyes and saw three letters: a K, a G and a B." John McCain

If Vlad sees benevolence as an opportunity, then by all means send him the Model T's.

This is a," Hold my beer and watch this!" moment. If Vlad can't think of anything better to do than slaughter Russian youth against 21st century Western Military Industrial Complex,.......well at least let me get it on video so I can post it to TikTok.

Damn this seems stupid.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree. It does show they are past their apex as far as production and technology. and thats not saying much. All they have is numbers and general winter, and that particular general didnt show up for duty this time around.
The truth is that if even One nato nation like poland got involved, russia would be crushed in weeks.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Where's that meathead that insisted this war would be, "apocalyptic"?

I do wonder where this is going. I think Doc Lane is right, a Russia/ China alliance would be bad, but there seems to be no advantage for China to ally with Vlad. Does China simply annex Russia when they fail?

What would I know, but there seems to an imminent power vaccum. Maybe wita little luck and prodding Portugal will step back in as dominant.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Empty Africa for them old AN-2s....that will give the ukrainians some nice target practise.. rotflmo

Posts: 3965 | Location: Vell, I yust dont know.. | Registered: 27 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And I really hand it to the American intelligence service, who have played a very different game here than pretty much any intelligence service in the past. Instead of sitting on info secret squirrel like, they have published in advance what russia is doing and thats made it so hard for them.

The there interesting one is Kadyrov flying in a doctor from the emirates. meanwhile his son visiting Putin... Whats up there?

As far as Russias future, I could see a couple of the poorer ethinic regions break away. They will stay poor as they have nothing. The main ethnic russian areas though will continue as they are, with their strong national identity.
Best outcome is someone like Navalny taking over. Worst is pretty much more of the same.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Russians in WWII had paratroopers without parachutes.

They low jumped into a Company of Germans. A good deal died. The Germans surrendered.

Posts: 10904 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote