New
Find
Notify
Tools

Right now. Who would you choose? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
At the moment I would select Gov. Doug Burghum for POTUS.

I think his work/life history and successes are very impressive. I would like to hear a lot more from him. He's also come off as positive, intelligent, energetic but low (personal) drama guy and more focused about work.

I also think Tim Scott has a wonderful story and life experience but he's my VP choice on this team.

Why Scott as VP and not Prez? I much prefer the person who's been a very successful businessman and also did well as a state Governor.

What's your choice?

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Biden.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you still good with his VP?

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

Absolutely, she's done exactly what a Veep is supposed to do, exactly whatever she's told and don't cause problems.

She'll step out front more about the mid-point of their second term to set up for her own run in 2028 with, I hope, Pete Buttigieg on the ticket. Might face Newsome in the Primary.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley.

Her policies sound reasonable, she has good international experience, and she doesn't seem self-absorbed, as in it's all about me.

It would also be deliciously ironic if the first woman president is a Republican.

Jim

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Trump

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone capable of keeping Trump out of the White House. Biden seems most likely to be able to get that done at the moment.

I would be happy to vote for a traditional conservative, not that one has a chance of winning the GOP nomination.

I'll vote for the best GOP candidate on offer for the primary, and anyone who can beat Trump on election day.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Burghum would likely be a decent POTUS. To my disgust, he simply doesn’t have what it takes to win in this world today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If I could have anyone for POTUS…I would give Rick Perry a try.

Out of the group running…Ron DeSantis.

I will happily cast my vote for Trump if he gets the nomination.

My number 1 goal is to keep a (D) out of the Executive Branch.

My number one criteria I like to see in the Executive is the ability run the bureaucracy as opposed to the bureaucracy running the Executive.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Party before country Lane, you are consistent if nothing else.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
See there you go again being blinded by the trees when searching for the forest!

It is NOT party before country.

It is the general trend each party takes the country that matters!

The general trend the Republican Party takes the country is vastly superior to that of the Democratic Party.

Your headline should read:

quote:
Party before country

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The general trend is that the GOP is completely dysfunctional(Credit down rating earlier this year, impending shut down, the felon that will be the nominee, J 6th, etc), Plenty wrong with the Dems but still a viable political entity, not so much the GOP side. The GOP has become the party of the uneducated, white nationalists, populists, etc. No longer the party of Reagan, the poor guy is spinning in his grave at what Trump has done to the GOP.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
We’ll see I guess.

A defunct debilitated GOP made up of angry uneducated old white guys certainly won’t win the Presidency and certainly not with a popular win mandate.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would have thought that a recalibration was in order after the Dems had the best mid term election outcome in decades for a sitting POTUS, instead the GOP doubles down on the culture war and unpopular policies(they keep getting absolutely destroyed at the ballot box on abortion, even in deep red states). Some how I do not think a popular mandate is likely in the near term for the GOP while they are still the party of Trump.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Time will tell.

Polls suggest otherwise at the moment.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Desantis.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mayor Pete.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Mayor Pete.

I wouldn’t even hire that guy to manage one of my smaller companies.

I am sure he is nice person. Just a dud as an executive.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Mayor Pete.

You're gonna vote for trump. The guy who tried to overturn a presidential election through fraud and lies and who fomented an insurrection at the US Capital.

Does anything else really need to be said about your political choices?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Absolutely, she's done exactly what a Veep is supposed to do, exactly whatever she's told and don't cause problems.

She'll step out front more about the mid-point of their second term to set up for her own run in 2028 with, I hope, Pete Buttigieg on the ticket. Might face Newsome in the Primary.

The "tell" will be if Pete moves over to a higher-profile Cabinet position late in '25 or early '26, SecState or SecDef.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
Desantis.

No! We are keeping him until 2026!

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim Scott and Mark Keith Robinson.

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Holy crap! This is like a peek into a nightmarish other dimension!
I actually like Christy, but I'm not sure he would make a good president. Certainly better than Trump though. I like Desantis as a governor, but not as a president. He would be a reasonably good VP
Biden is unfit. Kamala only slightly less so. Kennedy, while slightly nuts, looks good compared to most Dems. He, with Gabbard as VP, would look good on the Dem side. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
quote:
quote:

Holy crap! This is like a peek into a nightmarish other dimension!
I actually like Christy, but I'm not sure he would make a good president. Certainly better than Trump though. I like Desantis as a governor, but not as a president. He would be a reasonably good VP
Biden is unfit. Kamala only slightly less so. Kennedy, while slightly nuts, looks good compared to most Dems. He, with Gabbard as VP, would look good on the Dem side. Regards, Bill

I expect Kennedy to announce an Independent or Libertarian run within a week. He'll get no actual Democratic support but it will give the looniest MAGAts somebody to vote for once Trump is out of the picture.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will be interesting to see who Kennedy chooses as a VP.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Tulsi Gabbard would be my early guess.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Kennedy/Gabbard would make a team, despite some ideological differences. That would be traditional Democratic business...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
quote:

Kennedy/Gabbard would make a team, despite some ideological differences. That would be traditional Democratic business...

It would be a loonfest that would be irresistible to MAGAts and Q-Anon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Kennedy might seem a half bubble off, but at least he doesn't get lost in an empty room; unlike your hero Joe. Tulsi is light years ahead of the mad giggler. All in all, I think they wouuld be a huge step up. Not enough to make me want become a Democrat, but better than the current clown show. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Mayor Pete.

You're gonna vote for trump. The guy who tried to overturn a presidential election through fraud and lies and who fomented an insurrection at the US Capital.

Nope…says it all. I can see the big picture and you can’t.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Mayor Pete.

Lane would be just fine with fascism as long as they call him "Herr Doktor" and let him wear a spiffy uniform.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:
quote:

It would be a loonfest that would be irresistible to MAGAts and Q-Anon.

I might take a swig from that jug, I'm losing my enthusiasm for endless wars and ideological gymnastics.
Newsom/Harris is a bridge too far, and a likely possibility for 2028 if not before.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane would be just fine with fascism as long as they call him "Herr Doktor" and let him wear a spiffy uniform.

True unfortunately for all our MAGA Muppets. The word "Collaborator" fits them. Despite swearing they can "see the big picture", they can't see the dangers to democracy standing right in front of them.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
quote:

True unfortunately for all our MAGA Muppets. The word "Collaborator" fits them. Despite swearing they can "see the big picture", they can't see the dangers to democracy standing right in front of them.

Declaring that you'll vote for somebody who has been legally declared a rapist, legally declared a serial fraud and is currently under several dozen indictments for everything up to and including violating the Espionage Act rather than somebody you have policy disagreements with speaks volumes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
I don't know. Kennedy might seem a half bubble off, but at least he doesn't get lost in an empty room; unlike your hero Joe. Tulsi is light years ahead of the mad giggler. All in all, I think they wouuld be a huge step up. Not enough to make me want become a Democrat, but better than the current clown show. Regards, Bill

The Kid says gun control has gone about as far as it can, within the Second Amendment. And it isn't getting the job done.

https://thehill.com/homenews/c...reduce-gun-violence/

That seems like a pretty accurate assessment, to me. We might do better to work on causes of violence, rather than instruments used.

TomP

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply amazing to me that anyone could vote for Biden or think Harris has done a good job. He can't remember where he is and she can't put a sentence together. Jeff, are you serious and sane?

I do think the Dims pursuit of Trump is a total witch hunt, but I wish he'd bow out for the good of the country. But that's not likely to happen.

I like Tim Scott. But I'll never vote for another Democrat for anything.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Simply amazing to me that anyone could vote for Biden or think Harris has done a good job. He can't remember where he is and she can't put a sentence together. Jeff, are you serious and sane?

I do think the Dims pursuit of Trump is a total witch hunt, but I wish he'd bow out for the good of the country. But that's not likely to happen.

I like Tim Scott. But I'll never vote for another Democrat for anything.

You supported and voted for a man who tried to overturn the result of a general election and who fomented an insurrection in order to try to accomplish that. Remind me why your opinion about who is fit to run the country would be anything that anybody would give two shits about?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane would vote for Putin if he ran as a Republican.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Lane would vote for Putin if he ran as a Republican.

Of course we know that would never happen so it is not even a decent hypothetical question.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, President Trump is Putin’s political agent in the US.

President Trump demanded support for Ukraine be dropped from the GOP Platform.

Muller found Russia was interfering to try to benefit President Trump. We can debate the affect of that interference.

President Trump’s som did have emails w Russians during the election.

President Trump had a convicted Russian Agent as Campaign Manger.

President Trump called Putin a genius.

Yeah, you will get a chance to vote for Putin’s preferred candidate again.

I see you did not answer the question with a no.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote