New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is wrong Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
It seems nothing is sacred. I have to wonder what the real priorities are with these illegals?
~~~~

Wesley Hunt
@WesleyHuntTX

Veteran Frank Tammaro, a 95-year-old Korean War veteran said he was given less than two months’ notice to figure out where he was going to live after the nursing home he resided in was sold to become a facility for undocumented migrants.

"The thing I'm annoyed about is how they did it, it was very disgraceful what they did to the people in Island Shores," Tammaro said, referencing the assisted living facility he was in.

“Then one day there was a notice on the board. I think that gave us a month and a half to find out where we were going to go," he said. "I thought my suitcases were going to be on the curb because I'm not that fast, said Tammaro.

New York City Councilman David Carr confirmed to local outlet SI Live that he was informed by the city's Department of Social Services that the migrant facility would open there this week.

Where are our priorities in this country when military veterans, our heroes, are being evicted to make room for Joe Biden’s handpicked illegal aliens?

And this is what we’re being asked to continue to fund, the invasion of our sovereign border?

The eviction of our greatest Americans in exchange for criminal aliens?

Enough.

https://twitter.com/WesleyHunt.../1707018640153776425

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
our heroes, are being evicted to make room for Joe Biden’s handpicked illegal aliens?

And of course, you don't see anything wrong with embellishing the narrative with the "Biden's handpicked" claim?

So much for the credibility of the entire story.

Etc., etc., and so forth with practically all that Rightists "know" to be "true".

You gotta start with something that may be real, then it's like compulsively turn it into a conspiracy theory, and throw Biden in there for good measure.

That effectively turns the whole thing into a lie.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19784 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Terrible if true but looks like total bullshit.

https://www.usatoday.com/story...t-check/70252444007/

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the story is even true, there is nothing nefarious or "wrong" about it. He wasn't "kicked out" to make room for others. The property was SOLD. It's no longer a nursing home. Understand that concept? He was given a fairly decent amount of time to move, and has family to help. This is just overblown bullshit. What the new owners do with the property is irrelevant.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
If the story is even true, there is nothing nefarious or "wrong" about it. He wasn't "kicked out" to make room for others. The property was SOLD. It's no longer a nursing home. Understand that concept? He was given a fairly decent amount of time to move, and has family to help. This is just overblown bullshit. What the new owners do with the property is irrelevant.

Yes, I understand. The old people were kicked out because illegals are more profitable. Isn't that wonderful?

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

Yes, I understand. The old people were kicked out because illegals are more profitable. Isn't that wonderful?

It's not true. Jesus. 2020

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
However, the story fell apart after Mid Hudson News reported that the general manager of the Crossroads Hotel said no group of veterans was staying at the hotel at the time of the alleged incident, and that no guests were asked to leave. The outlet also determined that a purported receipt showing the payment for the vet's rooms was altered. Several homeless men later said they were recruited to pretend to be the supposed displaced veterans.

The Post soon issued a correction that noted Toney-Finch was accused of misrepresenting the veterans and later reported that the nonprofit lied about the situation. The New York Times similarly reported the ousted veteran claim was a "sham."

Absolutely stands to reason that a totally manufactured bullshit story intended to somehow splash on Joe Biden's new tennis shoes would be brought in and trumpeted by the all-time champion AR liar herself.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:

Your article is from May and not the situation concerning this man. What I posted here is from yesterday. I provided the link.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your article is from May. What I posted here is from yesterday. I provided the link.

Funny thing about the transitive properties of lies: If they were lies when they were made up bullshit in May they are still lies when liars, like yourself, try to retread them in September.

Unlike wine, lies don't get better with age.

If you Posted that the Sun was shining and I could actually feel myself getting sunburnt I would check a couple of sources to verify. In my entire adult life I've never run across anybody as allergic to the truth and as willing to spread lies as you.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
…if the story is true. Lol, you lot lap up everything posted disparaging anything you don’t like. Yet this of all things merits careful vetting on your part. Post truth is a bitch. Don’t believe a dam thing on the interweb. Internet forums-mothership for idiots willing to go public.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your article is from May and not the situation concerning this man. What I posted here is from yesterday. I provided the link.

Well, like I said....if true, that is terrible.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Terrible if true but looks like total bullshit.

Everything Ann posts is QANON lies.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just found the story on MSNBC, about as left as it gets.
The shitty part is it was all done behind closed doors, the deal with the city.
Like the assisted living place wanted to keep all the residents from knowing in case the deal fell through on the sale.
As the city was the other party, they should have been up-front with the residents too.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can "found the story" why can't you post the source?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19784 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont know how many times I have to tell you Kabob, I dont know how to post a link.
I dont care enough to try and figure it out.
If I can just type in "vet kicked out of assisted living" anyone can. Choose who you want to read the story from, I chose MSNBC, but there is a list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well said self-description.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kabob, you get all pissed when I tell you, you cant remember shit.
We had this exact same conversation a couple weeks ago. You posted instructions, I told you I dont even know all the icons of what to push.
You told me that was probably good thing as I would link as much as you.
You an Joe Biden could share a room at the old folks home, and never worry about stories to each other, as it would be the first time you would remember them each day.
Like the McCabe thread, where you denied saying things that was a few posts above the one you just made.
You called me a liar, then someone copied and re[posted it in front of your nose.
You then get pissed, say you will not respond to anyone, just post. You have done this numerous times. But you always come back.
As you dont remember any of this either, you will deny it, but everyone on here see's it.
If you are too lazy to look things up, why should I have to learn a computer trick, when I dont like to?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Posting a link to a source of information could not be much simpler.

Right click in the address bar, select copy, write your post, right click where you want the link, select paste.

Sources give your statement context and lend a bit of authenticity to to point you are trying to make. Not really much different from citing sources in an academic setting.

If you can run your TV remote, you can post a link.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny you should say that.
My niece stopped in when the TV was on.
She said, you are missing 3" top and bottom of your screen, all blacked out. Get a new TV.
I told her I didnt want to learn a new remote.
This is a laptop my daughter set up. There is no mouse to right click?
If someone cares, they can look it up just like I did, I usually give the writers name, but I didnt this time.
Did I mention, I hate electronics?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not that I don't have a response, but it's best that the evidence speaks for itself.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Funny you should say that.
My niece stopped in when the TV was on.
She said, you are missing 3" top and bottom of your screen, all blacked out. Get a new TV.
I told her I didnt want to learn a new remote.
This is a laptop my daughter set up. There is no mouse to right click?
If someone cares, they can look it up just like I did, I usually give the writers name, but I didnt this time.
Did I mention, I hate electronics?

Buy a cheap wired mouse at Walmart and plug it in to one of the USB ports. What could be more simpler?

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1214 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like the assisted living place wanted to keep all the residents from knowing in case the deal fell through on the sale.
As the city was the other party, they should have been up-front with the residents too.

Here's some further thoughts on this. So the property was sold. No big deal, right? I know how hard it is to find suitable care centers for people in need. There are not a lot of them and there are not a lot of good ones.

Secondly, how is selling this facility off to support illegals any different than our farmland being sold to the likes of China or for that matter, any other foreign country?

So, yes, I do have concerns with stories like this. Americans are not coming first in our own country.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dont know how many times I have to tell you Kabob, I dont know how to post a link.
If I can just type in "vet kicked out of assisted living" anyone can. Choose who you want to read the story from, I chose MSNBC, but there is a list.

No, you chose MSN, which was reposting a Fox News article, which is made obvious by the Fox News logos everywhere and the link at the bottom of the article to the "Original Story" on... Fox News.

You remember Fox News, the folks who paid Dominion Voting Systems $750+ million for lying?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Here's some further thoughts on this. So the property was sold. No big deal, right? I know how hard it is to find suitable care centers for people in need. There are not a lot of them and there are not a lot of good ones.

Secondly, how is selling this facility off to support illegals any different than our farmland being sold to the likes of China or for that matter, any other foreign country?

So, yes, I do have concerns with stories like this. Americans are not coming first in our own country.

I know. It's like I am a second class citizen. They won't let me pick lettuce in California for $10 an hour or apples in North Carolina for the same amount. I applied to work on a road crew here in Texas this past summer so I could enjoy working out in the 110 degree heat and get a tan but couldn't get that job either. Only the undocumented workers get those first class pickings.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought it said somewhere in the Republican Bible that the Rights of the owners of private property were sacred, chiseled on the back of the Commandments tablets...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made no mention of property rights.
My mention was I would have liked to see the residents have the time talks were started to begin looking. If you think they should have a weeks notice, so be it, a difference of opinion is all.
As far as the source, I see networks run others stories all the time. If it was an opinion piece it would be one thing. It was a rather small news story. If you want to work yourself into a lather over it Jeffy, go right to it.
Antelopepundee, I had no idea I could add a mouse. Thankyou, I will have a niece or nephew look at the computer and find one that matches.
I have heavy hands and 18" biceps with a lifetime of physical work behind me. Even trying to be gentle, my two finger typing has worn the paint off the keys, and that friggin arrow marker is always off from where I want it pointing. I think a mouse would help.
I use the computer for e-mail and reading the news. I click on here for a few min at a time. This AM I was waiting for a call back from the JD dealer on parts they cant get right and stopped in.
If learning how to link would get my parts faster, grow better crops, maybe up log and syrup prices, I would learn.
I hate dealing with parts depts, so hate or not I would learn to do links. As I see no benefits in my day to day life of learning something I have no interest in....... I wont bother!
MM I know illegals is your favorite pity party, but get out and do a little manual labor once in awhile, it's good for you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My mention was I would have liked to see the residents have the time talks were started to begin looking. If you think they should have a weeks notice, so be it, a difference of opinion is all.
As far as the source, I see networks run others stories all the time. If it was an opinion piece it would be one thing. It was a rather small news story. If you want to work yourself into a lather over it Jeffy, go right to it.
Antelopepundee, I had no idea I could add a mouse. Thankyou, I will have a niece or nephew look at the computer and find one that matches.
I have heavy hands and 18" biceps with a lifetime of physical work behind me. Even trying to be gentle, my two finger typing has worn the paint off the keys, and that friggin arrow marker is always off from where I want it pointing. I think a mouse would help.
I use the computer for e-mail and reading the news. I click on here for a few min at a time. This AM I was waiting for a call back from the JD dealer on parts they cant get right and stopped in.
If learning how to link would get my parts faster, grow better crops, maybe up log and syrup prices, I would learn.
I hate dealing with parts depts, so hate or not I would learn to do links. As I see no benefits in my day to day life of learning something I have no interest in....... I wont bother!
MM I know illegals is your favorite pity party, but get out and do a little manual labor once in awhile, it's good for you.

My point was that apparently the owner found a buyer and that buyer found a tenant for the entire building.

Ain't capitalism grand, unless you can somehow use it to smear a political opponent?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

My point was that apparently the owner found a buyer and that buyer found a tenant for the entire building.

Ain't capitalism grand, unless you can somehow use it to smear a political opponent?

So you think it is just 'capitalism' when elderly citizens are forced out of their care facility for illegals? That's some conscious you have.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

So you think it is just 'capitalism' when elderly citizens are forced out of their care facility for illegals? That's some conscious you have.

Didn't happen.