New
Find
Notify
Tools

I wonder how this will end? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted

I've heard some other states are supporting.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Americans are really talking about doing violence to each other over this bullshit.

Mind boggling stupidity.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how President Biden will handle it, he is far more measured than I would be.

I'd Federalize the Texas Guard and deploy them somewhere nice, like Somalia, and order III Corps to clear the obstructions illegally placed at the border, to include the Texas Rangers, using whatever force the Commander found necessary.

"One riot, one Ranger" might change in the face of two converging Armored Divisions.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
ILLEGAL is the same as breaking and entering!

No difference!

It is a CRIME!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67004 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
The liberal jackhats here sheik hate this country deep down.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
ILLEGAL is the same as breaking and entering!

No difference!

It is a CRIME!

Saeed, entering the United States to ask for asylum is NOT illegal. It is a Right under Federal and International Law.

All such claims are not, of course, legitimate but every claimant has the absolute Right to have their claim evaluated for validity.

If they qualify for asylum it is granted; if they don't qualify under the Law they are deported.

President Biden has requested funds to dramatically increase the number of officers and judges handling these claims to speed up the process but Republicans refuse to provide the resources so they can claim there's a crisis.

The economy is doing very well so they can't run on that, this manufactured "crisis" is all they have.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Got your handy definition of asylum available?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Got your handy definition of asylum available?

It's the Law, look it up.

I retired from trying to educate your stupid ass. I could teach unbright soldiers to operate in contaminated environments but I'm not qualified to teach Special Education students.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This will end the same way;

Segregation Today, Segregation Tomorra (accent), Segregation Foreva (accent) ended.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Are you stupid or act that way

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did the Fed Government insure that states desegregated pursuant to Supreme Court order and Feds Law?

The answer to that question despite some big mouthed governors was yes.

Learn something and read a book stupid.

How did the Nullification Crisis and the Supremacy Clause work out for South Carolina? We know, not how they wanted.

Same here. This act of defiance to our Constitutional system cannot be permitted to stand. Similarly, the Federal Government did not allow the states to block court mandated desegregation.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Did the Fed Government insure that states desegregated pursuant to Supreme Court order and Feds Law?

The answer to that question despite some big mouthed governors was yes.

Learn something and read a book stupid.

How did the Nullification Crisis and the Supremacy Clause work out for South Carolina? We know, not how they wanted.

Same here. This act of defiance to our Constitutional system cannot be permitted to stand. Similarly, the Federal Government did not allow the states to block court mandated desegregation.

What does segregation have to do with a foreign invasion?????

We have laws against illegal immigration, federal laws that aren't being followed. We had laws that required desegregration.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What can Biden do? In order to nationalize the Guard he would need one of two things. one, we are in a war. We are not. Two, there is a declared national emergency to justify it. What can he say? Texas is intentionally interfering with his promotion of legal immigration? Biden must declare the national emergency THEN nationalize the Texas guard. How can he do that and not wreck the democrats presidential election hopes? He might do more to elect Trump than any single American.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Navaluk:
What can Biden do? In order to nationalize the Guard he would need one of two things. one, we are in a war. We are not. Two, there is a declared national emergency to justify it. What can he say? Texas is intentionally interfering with his promotion of legal immigration? Biden must declare the national emergency THEN nationalize the Texas guard. How can he do that and not wreck the democrats presidential election hopes? He might do more to elect Trump than any single American.

He can simply declare that Texas is in rebellion against the United States, federalize the Texas Guard and send III Corps to Austin to secure the seat of government while he appoints a caretaker Governor-General pending free and fair elections.

And his approval rating would skyrocket among all the folks sick of hearing the bullshit about how great that big patch of sage brush and cactus is.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Biden, like JFK did w segregation, could send Federal Troops to the area w orders to remove the barriers.

The DOJ could go get an injunction to build a contempt case in Fed District Court.

The AG can move to have the Governor of Texas present himself to the Federal Court explain why he should not be arrested for failing to follow the order.

I would do all the above.

This has been tried before the southern states tried to defy the Supreme Court orders to desegregates schools. See JFK’s response to that crisis.

Alabama tried it last year with racial gerrymandering. One court appearance later, they got the message and folded.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm no Biden fanboy -- and I am a dedicated Nevertrumper -- but that elderly pussy and the Democrats have utterly failed to address the border issue and deserve to have their lily-white feet scorched with hot irons. This doesn't mean the Republicans get a pass. NO ONE has come forward with a realistic package of reforms that stands a chance of passing into law and the GOP would rather keep screwing up our country just as long as they can milk the issue in the election cycle. The cynicism would probably shock even Satan.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
The liberal jackhats here sheik hate this country deep down.

While you assholes hate America. Trump has asked the repugs in Congress not to pass any border security measures.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Send the federal pronoun troops down there. Alot more interesting than sitting down and resolving this.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I'm no Biden fanboy -- and I am a dedicated Nevertrumper -- but that elderly pussy and the Democrats have utterly failed to address the border issue and deserve to have their lily-white feet scorched with hot irons. This doesn't mean the Republicans get a pass. NO ONE has come forward with a realistic package of reforms that stands a chance of passing into law and the GOP would rather keep screwing up our country just as long as they can milk the issue in the election cycle. The cynicism would probably shock even Satan.

There are already laws on the books on how to claim asylum. They have been ignored. There were also other measures in place when 0biden came into office and he immediately cancelled them. I reckon he must have been listening to Mitchell who worries he will have to mow his own lawn or pay a fair wage to have it done and buy strawberries picked at the same fair wage.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote