THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Clarence Thomas taking million dollar vacations courtesy of Texas republican
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clarence Thomas taking million dollar vacations courtesy of Texas republican Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Just unbelievable. Yachts, private jets, around the world vacations...all courtesy of his "dear" billionaire Texas buddy. Never disclosed until yesterday and it's been going on for 20 years.

https://www.propublica.org/art...ry-travel-gifts-crow

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Just unbelievable. Yachts, private jets, around the world vacations...all courtesy of his "dear" billionaire Texas buddy. Never disclosed until yesterday and it's been going on for 20 years.

Do you know Harlan Crow Mike?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Did he ever make judgment for or against this billionaire?
If not, then is it jealousy and envy from some people?

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Except State Judges and State Prosecutors are not allowed to accept such gifts.

By Ethical Rile I csnnot accept a gift of more than 100 dollars except from immediate family.

The Supreme Court should be no different.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont have that kind of money......but I take my friends lots,of places. Most of my friends are Republicans, go figger?

Has this man,ever had a case before the supreme court?

Are scotus judges not allowed to have friends?

Are rich Republicans banned from having friends?

Or is this just the typical leftward smear job against a conservative Roll Eyes

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Supreme Court should be no different.

Pass a law then junior! You have everyone in power on speed dial animal

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Isn't that Commissioner to you?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I strongly support such a law. A Fed Senator is drafting a bill as we speak. We shall see.

You hate filled, homophobia, moronic, bigoted fool.

Yes, Bluefish in public it is Commissioner, Honor, or Commonwealth.

Apparently, that bothers you.

Unlike the Vet among us, I do not demand the use of the Honorifics I have earned. Honorifics you can never acquire.

Posts: 10963 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Isn't that Commissioner to you?

Junior fits Lord Humongous best in attitude, but I like Baron von Heym I think. Either seems innocuous enough and certainly both will keep his pullups fully loaded.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nope not a lord nor royal. Simply what stated above.

You guys get what you give.

My accomplishments and responsibilities seem to upset some of you as much as you calling me kid upsets me.

Technically, in Old England, I would be a Count or Minister.

However, in Old England because of my Birth I would not have the opportunity.

You want to be condescending to me. You are going to hear why I am no one’s child here. I take no back seat to anyone here.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Dude, your pullup is about to leak all over the floor.

Go see Mom.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Just unbelievable. Yachts, private jets, around the world vacations...all courtesy of his "dear" billionaire Texas buddy. Never disclosed until yesterday and it's been going on for 20 years either.

No, I don't know him. And, I haven't lent Clarence Thomas and his wife my private jet and yacht (if i had such things) so they could take million dollar vacations around the world every year in the last 20 years.

But, I have sued Trammel Crow related companies several times. Does that make me part of the inner circle?

I bet not.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kanec:
Did he ever make judgment for or against this billionaire?
If not, then is it jealousy and envy from some people?

If you've ever signed an ethical conduct document for an employer they usually have a statement about avoiding that conduct which could give even the appearance of being improper or unethical. This situation certainly fits that and then some.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1214 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just unbelievable. Yachts, private jets, around the world vacations...all courtesy of his "dear" billionaire Texas buddy. Never disclosed until yesterday and it's been going on for 20 years either.

No, I don't know him. And, I haven't lent Clarence Thomas and his wife my private jet and yacht (if i had such things) so they could take million dollar vacations around the world every year in the last 20 years.

But, I have sued Trammel Crow related companies several times. Does that make me part of the inner circle?

I bet not.

Why are you always so full of vitriol Mike? It was just a simple question.

I have met him a couple of times at lawyer events connected with the Dallas GOP. Just thought you might have acquaintance with him. He seems a nice fellow.

It is my understanding that he and his wife are personal good friends with Justice Thomas and his wife. They like to travel together. Do you and yours not have friends? I have friends that cannot afford something we want them to go to and I pay for it. We do that a lot.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bet not.

I have met him a couple of times at lawyer events connected with the Dallas GOP. Just thought you might have acquaintance with him. He seems a nice fellow.

It is my understanding that he and his wife are personal good friends with Justice Thomas and his wife. They like to travel together. Do you and yours not have friends? I have friends that cannot afford something we want them to go to and I pay for it. We do that a lot.

Lane, I don't have any friends on courts whose decisions might effect cases I am involved in. That would be an ethical violation.

Can you point us to any sort of a relationship between your friend Crow and the progressive justices on the SCOTUS?

You know, where he paid to have his private jet take them to party on his private yacht and such? Or is Crow only friends with justices who might issue opinions favorable to his interests?

I'll wait.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bet not.

Lane, I don't have any friends on courts whose decisions might effect cases I am involved in.

Can you point us to any sort of a relationship between your friend Crow and the progressive justices on the SCOTUS?

You know, where he paid to have his private jet take them to party on his private yacht and such?

I'll wait.

He is a Texas Conservative…he would not have any friends like that! He would lose his card. Cool

Seems to me that if he did though that he would be buying influence…vs. hanging with like minded friends.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . so I take it that had Justice Ginsburg taken millions of dollars of trips on Soros’ nickel that would all be copacetic? Admit it . . . it is unseemly behavior whether it was done by someone on the right or left and undermines the integrity of the judge and the court involved. At a minimum it shows extremely poor judgment.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I bet not.

Lane, I don't have any friends on courts whose decisions might effect cases I am involved in.

You know, where he paid to have his private jet take them to party on his private yacht and such?

I'll wait.

He is a Texas Conservative…he would not have any friends like that! He would lose his card. Cool

Seems to me that if he did though that he would be buying influence…vs. hanging with like minded friends.

Well, you have put your figure on it. Buying influence.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There should be proof of that, buying influence.
Has anything turned up as suspicious?
I do agree, it should be reported. The same as Bidens pal he stays with on nantucket. Nothing wrong with either as long as everyone knows.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Dude, your pullup is about to leak all over the floor.

Go see Mom.

Maybe she could fix him a,hot pocket and give him some kinda participation trophy!!!!

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
A big issue for this is not about the ethics side, but that he was supposed to be reporting receiving these gifts which he apparently only did a few times, if that many.

Thomas didn’t report any of the trips ProPublica identified on his annual financial disclosures. Ethics experts said the law clearly requires disclosure for private jet flights and Thomas appears to have violated it.

Justices are generally required to publicly report all gifts worth more than $415, defined as “anything of value” that isn’t fully reimbursed. There are exceptions: If someone hosts a justice at their own property, free food and lodging don’t have to be disclosed. That would exempt dinner at a friend’s house. The exemption never applied to transportation, such as private jet flights, experts said, a fact that was made explicit in recently updated filing instructions for the judiciary.

Two ethics law experts told ProPublica that Thomas’ yacht cruises, a form of transportation, also required disclosure.

“If Justice Thomas received free travel on private planes and yachts, failure to report the gifts is a violation of the disclosure law,” said Kedric Payne, senior director for ethics at the nonprofit government watchdog Campaign Legal Center. (Thomas himself once reported receiving a private jet trip from Crow, on his disclosure for 1997.)

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . so I take it that had Justice Ginsburg taken millions of dollars of trips on Soros’ nickel that would all be copacetic? Admit it . . . it is unseemly behavior whether it was done by someone on the right or left and undermines the integrity of the judge and the court involved. At a minimum it shows extremely poor judgment.

What difference would it make? She was the most reliable liberal vote the SCOTUS has ever seen anyway.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . and Thomas is certainly an independent thinker. 2020

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
. . . so I take it that had Justice Ginsburg taken millions of dollars of trips on Soros’ nickel that would all be copacetic?

Did she? Then shut up. What ifs don't count.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

What difference would it make? She was the most reliable liberal vote the SCOTUS has ever seen anyway.

Again, you do not know what you are talking about. Justice Scalia and Justice Ginsburg is the reason you have 4th Amendment rights against the state.

They were the intellectual backbone of majority opinions that made you more secure against the State Law Enforcement.

Those opinions are not very Originalist. However, those decisions through the 14th Amendment and understand of Common Law Right to privacy have you security against the state, and defined modern Criminal Procedure.

Finally, the difference it makes is no one can say she took such gifts. If she did, damn her too for it. Without the facts to show she did, go away.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
All I said was that she was the most reliable liberal vote the SCOTUS had ever known — and that is true.

Incorporating states under the 4th meets liberal goals as well.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I said was that she was the most reliable liberal vote the SCOTUS had ever known — and that is true.

Ummm.....protection from illegal search and seizure should be a goal for everyone no matter political affiliation.

I do not want to live in a police state, I think most Americans agree with me.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw elsewhere that RBG was the benefit of something similar in 2018 BUT SHE DISCLOSED IT!

That's the difference.

Obviously reporting gifts valued at $500K is going to raise eyebrows when your salary is $285K.

The average person would never know about this stuff unless some sleuth goes and hunts it up.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

Ummm.....protection from illegal search and seizure should be a goal for everyone no matter political affiliation.

A goal that Justice Scilla was front and center on.

Is it liberal when we have an Amendment in the 14th Amendment that is read as creating Federal level of Citizenship regardless if what state you are in?

Yes, modern jurisprudence rejected 1870s judicial understanding of the 14th Amendment.

Show me in the Bill of Rights or any amendment to the Constitution that says, “ The Government shall not limit the right is Self/Defense amongst and among the Citizens.”

The right to self defense is an English Commonwealth tradition (like privacy) that Incorporation Doctrine and Fundamental Rights Doctrine have read into the 2nd Amendment.”

Like the Right to Privacy has been read into the 4th Amendment and other areas of the law from the English Common Law Tradition.

The reason we use the phrase English Common Law Tradition is England had no written constitution. Thus, the Common Law made up the “constitution” of England.

Early Supreme Courts rejected a national Common Law. Incorporation and Fundamental Rights limits that understanding. However, that idea of Federalism still remains for diversity jurisdiction. When Fed Courts set to decide a tort due to diversity jurisdiction. A national common law is not applied. The Fed Court shall apply state law to an otherwise state law tort action that is in Fed Court due to diversity jurisdiction.

Diversity Jurisdiction is a proper noun and should be capitalized.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is that not what I said? 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No, it is not what you said, but you MAY have been implying it.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Citizens United? You think Crowe was for that case?

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lefties just love to twist things.....they have no actual or valid argument so they have to twist things....or call names....

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Jim, you think it is okay for a justice (or any judge or politician for that matter) . . . left or right . . . to accept millions of dollars in luxury vacations without disclosing it? Why not just declare something to be wrong irrespective of what side did it?

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lefties just love to twist things.....they have no actual or valid argument so they have to twist things....or call names....

What I love is Joe you accuse people of insulting you when you are the one who starts the insults. More Faction victimization.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.propublica.org/art...w-real-estate-scotus

So Crow also bought property from Thomas... Which Thomas failed to disclose... and which Thomas's mother lived in (for free?) after the sale.

In 2014, one of Texas billionaire Harlan Crow’s companies purchased a string of properties on a quiet residential street in Savannah, Georgia. It wasn’t a marquee acquisition for the real estate magnate, just an old single-story home and two vacant lots down the road. What made it noteworthy were the people on the other side of the deal: Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas and his relatives...

The purchase put Crow in an unusual position: He now owned the house where the justice’s elderly mother was living. Soon after the sale was completed, contractors began work on tens of thousands of dollars of improvements on the two-bedroom, one-bathroom home, which looks out onto a patch of orange trees. The renovations included a carport, a repaired roof and a new fence and gates, according to city permit records and blueprints.

A federal disclosure law passed after Watergate requires justices and other officials to disclose the details of most real estate sales over $1,000. Thomas never disclosed his sale of the Savannah properties. That appears to be a violation of the law, four ethics law experts told ProPublica.

The disclosure form Thomas filed for that year also had a space to report the identity of the buyer in any private transaction, such as a real estate deal. That space is blank.

“He needed to report his interest in the sale,” said Virginia Canter, a former government ethics lawyer now at the watchdog group CREW. “Given the role Crow has played in subsidizing the lifestyle of Thomas and his wife, you have to wonder if this was an effort to put cash in their pockets...”

The justice’s failure to report the transaction suggests “Thomas was hiding a financial relationship with Crow,” said Kathleen Clark, a legal ethics expert at Washington University in St. Louis who reviewed years of Thomas’ disclosure filings...

It’s unclear if Crow paid fair market value for the Thomas properties. Crow also bought several other properties on the street and paid significantly less than his deal with the Thomases. One example: In 2013, he bought a pair of properties on the same block — a vacant lot and a small house — for a total of $40,000...

Crow still owns Thomas’ mother’s home, which the now-94-year-old continued to live in through at least 2020, according to public records and social media. Two neighbors told ProPublica she still lives there. Crow did not respond to questions about whether he has charged her rent.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Nit picking on the judge!

America likes to portray itself as the bastion of purity.

While in reality is one of the most corrupt political systems on this earth! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

It's not nit picking to call out graft in public officials.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Hahahaha!

Party politics and selective thinking.

EVERY SINGLE HIGH GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL is corrupt.

Live with it! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67036 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Hahahaha!

Party politics and selective thinking.

EVERY SINGLE HIGH GOVERNMENT OFFICIAL is corrupt.

Live with it! clap

Total bullshit.