Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Liz Cheney: The Next President of the United States? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Instead of tagging onto a discussion thread started by Bat Shit Crazy, I'll start anew. Many of us have wished for a better selection of candidates, especially for POTUS.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...007dbd50d98bd4&ei=57

See the video in the article

Facts:
She was the chair of the House Republican Conference, making her the third-ranking GOP official in the governing body and the highest-ranking Republican woman in its history.

That was before the 2020 presidential election.

Cheney was just one of 10 House Republicans who voted to impeach Donald Trump for citing the mob that led to the January 6, 2021, capital insurrection. The Wyoming GOP responded by censuring her, while she was later ousted as conference chair after her repeated criticism of the former president.

Cheney has remained defiant, however, and told reporters she would do everything she could to make sure Trump could never get anywhere near the Oval Office again.

"We have seen the danger that he continues to provoke with his language," Cheney told reporters. "We have seen his lack of commitment and dedication to the Constitution, and I think it's very important that we make sure whomever we elect is somebody who will be faithful to the Constitution."

A True Conservative Voice
Critics of Liz Cheney have labeled her a "Rino" – Republican in name only – but that would be an unfair assessment of the woman who has been long regarded as a leading ideological conservative in the Bush-Cheney-era tradition, and a representative of the GOP establishment.

(other excerpts from the articleSmiler

Cheney has been described as a neoconservative

Fighter for Democracy
Last year, Liz Cheney lost the Wyoming primary and essentially became a lame duck in Congress, but as a member of the January 6 Committee, she continued to ensure that Trump couldn't return to power. That included campaigning with Democratic candidates in the 2022 mid-term elections including Reps. Abigail Spanberger of Virginia and Elissa Slotkin of Michigan, while she worked to help defeat election denier Kari Lake in the Arizona gubernatorial race.

Can She Run and Win the White House?
The question being asked now is whether Cheney would mount a White House run.

It is highly unlikely at this point, simply because Cheney couldn't win. Trump would never throw his support behind her, and without his base, she couldn't win the nomination, let alone the general election. But would she do it to stop Trump?

There may have been such speculation last year that Cheney might run as an independent to whittle away enough Conservative votes to ensure Trump loses. However, Trump is already doing enough damage that he can’t be seen as a viable candidate at this point. The party wants to move on, even as Trump remains popular with a quarter of GOP voters.

Cheney would do best to sit it out and let Trump continue to dig a deeper hole, and perhaps she can make a comeback in the post-MAGA era. She will remain a strong voice for neoconservatives who want to see America strong on the world stage, as opposed to the MAGA movement that wants to close the borders and pretend the outside world doesn't exist.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19786 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There’s no doubt she’s several orders of magnitude more intelligent, capable and ethical than the Orange Lunatic, but the fascist fundies hate her for it.

She probably couldn’t win the nomination. As it is, Trump WILL win the nomination, he has enough dirt on enough people (very possibly provided by Putin’s spooks and surveillance on Mar a Lago bedrooms) that they’ll be afraid to speak out against him.

Make no mistake, they don’t love him, they live in fear of his compromat.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The article (video) suggests she run with Biden.

What if?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19786 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
I would vote for her. The lady has character and integrity. In my world those qualities mean quite a lot.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
I would vote for her. The lady has character and integrity. In my world those qualities mean quite a lot.

Let's hope there are lots of other options. I'll be damned if I can favor a return to Dick Cheney/ George W Bush foreign policy.

That Liz opposed Trump is like saying Liz likes water. Likes food and shelter.

Posts: 9139 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
There’s no doubt she’s several orders of magnitude more intelligent, capable and ethical than the Orange Lunatic, but the fascist fundies hate her for it.

She probably couldn’t win the nomination. As it is, Trump WILL win the nomination, he has enough dirt on enough people (very possibly provided by Putin’s spooks and surveillance on Mar a Lago bedrooms) that they’ll be afraid to speak out against him.

Make no mistake, they don’t love him, they live in fear of his compromat.

Liz Cheney has always been one-of-many, never a governor, a mayor, a pilot-in-command, or the captain of a ship.
It remains to be seen whether she can thrive at the top of a food chain on her own.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would live for her to run. I would vote for her. However, her play seems clear to me. Candidate recruitment and fundraising. Easier for someone in her position. The pay is better. Hours are better. She also has to deal with less nonsense.

Posts: 10969 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
She'd get the full support of the news media and all the leftists on this sight until she got the nomination.
After that, she'd just be another nazi, fascist, or whatever the current label is.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 788:
She'd get the full support of the news media and all the leftists on this sight until she got the nomination.
After that, she'd just be another nazi, fascist, or whatever the current label is.

True story^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:

No cunt or butt fucking references? A+ for integrity on this post.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

True story^^^

That's just BS. To get the label you mentioned, one has to EARN it. She ain't that.

But she is a conservative and carries baggage, especially from her dad.

https://www.politico.com/news/...00057599#:~:text=She's%20won%20Democratic%20favor%2C%20and,be%20her%20family's%20neoconservative%20legacy.

The Cheney 2024 conundrum
She’s won Democratic favor, and lost her GOP place, by battling Donald Trump. But her biggest remaining obstacle in national politics may be her family’s neoconservative legacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT4eEK5EpCU

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a sad state of affairs when the republican frontrunner for the POTUS nomination is such a lunatic that Liz Cheney looks like a good alternative.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Liz has more brains in her discarded toe nails than Trump, Biden and Kamala combined! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
quote:

True story^^^

That's just BS. To get the label you mentioned, one has to EARN it. She ain't that.

They will hate on her in some form or fashion guaranteed.

Did you miss the part “current label?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
quote:

True story^^^

They will hate on her in some form or fashion guaranteed.

Did you miss the part “current label?”

And, deservedly so. Her politics are hard right. The fact that she behaved correctly when it came to trump is terrific since so many republicans did not. But, that doesn't change her politics.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . I hope she runs as a Liberterian. Gives both Dems and Reps a reason to vote for a third party and break the cycle of madness the two-party system has given us. Plus it would high entertainment watching Biden and Trump debate Liz.

Mike

Posts: 21242 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . I hope she runs as a Liberterian. Gives both Dems and Reps a reason to vote for a third party and break the cycle of madness the two-party system has given us. Plus it would high entertainment watching Biden and Trump debate Liz.

Bloody hell!

That would be entertaining!

Biden: What are we here for?

Trump: Grab them by the pussy!

Liz: My fellow Americans! Today you have a choice!

A choice between brainless geriatric, a career criminal, or an intelligent lady to get you out of THEIR stupid two party system!

Choose wisely! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67041 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Bloody hell!

A choice between brainless geriatric, a career criminal, or an intelligent lady to get you out of THEIR stupid two party system!

Choose wisely! rotflmo

I have to agree that would be very interesting. the big questions is would enough old time GOP or Dems use their brains and vote for a person instead of the party. I know too many who are so stuck on party voting the if bozo the chimp ran in their party they would vote for him. It has already happened a couple of time what would make them change now?

Posts: 514 | Location: SW Montana | Registered: 28 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MtElkHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

Bloody hell!

Choose wisely! rotflmo

I have to agree that would be very interesting. the big questions is would enough old time GOP or Dems use their brains and vote for a person instead of the party. I know too many who are so stuck on party voting the if bozo the chimp ran in their party they would vote for him. It has already happened a couple of time what would make them change now?

Most years I vote Libertarian. If she runs as a Republican I may break bad and vote Republican.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14390 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote