Already loving . . . Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
or kids.

Finally a statement made on the political forum that no one can possibly disagree with.

tu2

Sometimes my mother would say, I like you best when you're sleeping.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1171 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

How anyone could arrive at that conclusion defies logic to me.

You would need to put your Country before your Party in order to understand. One has tried to undermine the very principles this Country was founded upon, the other just leaves a whole bunch to be desired.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Almost no one looks dignified or pretty while asleep.

The exception is a beautiful woman.

Who in American politics ever looked or acted dignified?? clap

Liz Chaney. John McCain, Jamie Raskin - to name a few.

Cheney? Nope, not dignified. Courageous in defying the party? Sure.

McCain? Dignified? Sorry, no. Remember The Beach Boys cover bomb Iran?

Raskin? Who?

Did you vote for any of them? I did vote for McCain. He was in my mind better than the alternative, and I think he’d be a better president than any of them since Bush Sr. In my mind, he was very similar to Bush Sr. But I’m of no particular mind that he was a great candidate. He didn’t really motivate people to vote for him, but rather you voted for his positions. That doesn’t work against someone with personal magnetism; good or bad.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Liz Chaney was very dignified and eloquent in her Rebuke of President Trump.

A rebuke that had to be made.

Like I explained in the Rationale thread, Sen McCain v Sen. Obama refused to sell the gate. He not only refused he openly rebuked it to his own Party with nice words. Nicer than they deserved. That is dignity.

What was not dignified about Sen. McCain was voting for a total repeal of Obama Care when he knew President Obama would veto it, and the Senate did not have the votes to override it. Then, when the GOP Congress was able to put a “soft repeal” on President Trump’s desk, Sen. McCain very dramatically voted not to do so.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

How anyone could arrive at that conclusion defies logic to me.

You would need to put your Country before your Party in order to understand. One has tried to undermine the very principles this Country was founded upon, the other just leaves a whole bunch to be desired.

The USA’s last hope IS the Republican Party. It ain’t great. We need a new viable 3rd party of libertarianism. But as it stands right now…the good, the bad, and the ugly…the GOP represents the last threads in the cinch holding the saddle on the horse’s back.

Vote in and support Primary candidates…tick the (R) box in the General…until it gets better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . I actually think Christie's efforts to distinguish himself from the rest of the Republican primary contenders by actually calling out Trump's lies and abhorrent behavior may have him gaining a bit of a following. At a minimum it is enjoyable political theater to see someone finally stand up to Trump. If Trump skips the debate, rest assured it has a lot to do with not having to go face-to-face with Christie, coward that Trump is. Horrible for the GOP, but a necessary part of the cleansing process to wash away the stink left by the MAGAggots.

Christie Passes DeSantis in New Hampshire

Mike,
I think my posted article pretty accurately depicts…EVERYONE (except maybe you) dislikes Chris Christie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . where did I say I like Christie? I like that Christie is prepared to call out Trump for what he is while the other primary contenders either try to mimic Trump as a Trump Light (same taste, less offensive) or avoid doing or saying anything that might cause the MAGAggots to squirm.

. . . and he has passed DeSantis in the polling in New Hampshire so it seems that his approach is in fact resonating with some GOP voters.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote