Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I present The Republican Party Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I fully expect this guy to be the Republican Nominee for President in a few years:

quote:
A Kentucky Republican has introduced legislation that would amend the state's law so a person who had sex with their first cousin would no longer be criminally liable for incest.

House Bill 269, which state Representative Nick Wilson sponsored, was introduced on January 16 to the House Committee on Committees. According to the Kentucky General Assembly website, it would strike "first cousin from the list of familial relationships" defined as unlawful incest in the state. The amendment would also reduce the designation of incest by contact to a Class D felony for some cases "unless it is committed with a person who is less than twelve years of age," in which case it is Class C.

Link

Personally, I hate that he did that because now when I call Republicans cousin-fuckers it's not an insult, just a description.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9590 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
If there was any mention in the bill of kissing cousins being gay,
this would be a bipartisan piece of shit legislation. hilbily

Posts: 2969 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tee hee.

at least they are getting laid without having to pay for it.

Posts: 4986 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reading British history, you would think they would all have 6 fingers. I swear, half the upper class married a cousin.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
I fully expect this guy to be the Republican Nominee for President in a few years:

quote:
A Kentucky Republican has introduced legislation that would amend the state's law so a person who had sex with their first cousin would no longer be criminally liable for incest.

House Bill 269, which state Representative Nick Wilson sponsored, was introduced on January 16 to the House Committee on Committees. According to the Kentucky General Assembly website, it would strike "first cousin from the list of familial relationships" defined as unlawful incest in the state. The amendment would also reduce the designation of incest by contact to a Class D felony for some cases "unless it is committed with a person who is less than twelve years of age," in which case it is Class C.

Link

Personally, I hate that he did that because now when I call Republicans cousin-fuckers it's not an insult, just a description.

One of my friends back in Michigan did just this. He left his wife at the time for his cousin. He said it was okay since they weren't planning on having children. Weird and still creepy to me.

That said, since I am a livestock farmer, we do a lot of line breeding.

~Ann

Posts: 19173 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

quote:

Link

One of my friends back in Michigan did just this. He left his wife at the time for his cousin. He said it was okay since they weren't planning on having children. Weird and still creepy to me.

That said, since I am a livestock farmer, we do a lot of line breeding.

That's why we don't let your cows vote.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9590 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
posted 18 January 2024 05:37 Hide Post
No, I know the Rep personally who sponsored the Bill. It is a drafting error out of the Legislative Research Committee that drafted it.

It is designed to make uncles and grandparents who molest their young relations subject to incest charges.

The language you are concerned about was a draft to exclude childhood have been abused acting out on peers.

The language has been corrected. The bill resubmitted. I support it.

Try again, Nick as a freshman with my and other prosecutors support pushed through a bill to make killing a child a capital offense.

The Lexington Herald has corrected the nonsense you are posting.

What Nick was trying to exempt from this bill he sponsored to amend the incest statute was children who have been sexually abused acting out on peers.

Children abused and acting out should not be treated like a crime. Children who are sexually abused act out that abuse on peers. Sadly, this acting out is how these cases of familia abuse become known to law enforcement.

Nick’s bill makes uncles and grandpas (yes I am not being gender neutral because the majority are straight males the bill applies neutrally) who sexually assault children chargeable under both sexual assault statute and incest statute. That was not the case currently. The incest statute as it currently is does not address this fact pattern.

Again, the Lexington Herald as corrected the story your link is based on. Does anyone need me to post that.

Here you go since no one on here can do their own reading:
https://www.whas11.com/amp/art...cd-9ccd-f62869c71c50

https://www.wkyt.com/2024/01/1...says/?outputType=amp

https://amp.kentucky.com/news/...rticle284338699.html

Posts: 11037 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is the bill that shall be presented to subcommittee:

https://apps.legislature.ky.go...RS/hb5/orig_bill.pdf

The bold is the sections of various KRS that the bill amends.

There are a lot of prosecutorial tools like
2 prior violent crimes qualify the defendant for Life Without Parole.

You will not find a more committed state legislator trying to tighten, make more punitive crime against children and those who recommit than Rep. Nick Wilson.

Posts: 11037 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote