The Accurate Reloading Forums
hollywood horse back riders -- this irks me

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3811043/m/4331017572

01 September 2023, 20:15
jeffeosso
hollywood horse back riders -- this irks me
(first world problems, i get it.. and a bit whiney - yeah, i get that too)

Ever watch a movie/series, and they have people "riding hard" and it always looks like they are sacks of taters lashed to a horse? I could ride better than these folks before I was 8-- because i learned to ride WITH the horse, rather than take a beating.

I mean, i could rant on about (non-fighter) pilots making abrupt control changes, or swimmers with sinking legs, but I am particularly irked by "heros" on horseback slamming into a saddle. My first mare wouldn't have taken that nonsense from anyone-- she'd have just stopped and/or thrown them

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com
01 September 2023, 21:31
Thomas "Ty" Beaham
Not everyone can sit a saddle naturally.

Steve McQueen could, of course he was hell on wheels on a motorcycle, so probably a natural.

I was surprised as I watched Jamie Foxx in Django Unchained, a natural.

Now, want a good chuckle, watch big fat Marlon Brando bounce around in The Missouri Breaks, hahaha just watching it will rattle your fillings loose.

02 September 2023, 17:44
ledvm
There’s 2 types of people in the world: those who can get along with and ride a horse…and those who can’t

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.
02 September 2023, 23:13
Grizzly Adams1
Wife never like watching some movies with me. Even Lawrence of Arabia has incorrect firearms. She was forever criticizing riders. Smiler

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell
03 September 2023, 00:59
LHeym500
I Lawrence of Arabia. Omar Shsrof really was tied to the camel.
04 September 2023, 07:32
lavaca
This dates me but when I was a kid I shared a deer camp with an old man who was an old cavalry soldier. He was in his 80's and we had a semi-broke pony in camp he was determined to ride. Everyone but him thought this was a really bad idea. He rode him and took a lot of the rough off.