THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    A lot of reporting GOP House members are trying to block a border bill

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A lot of reporting GOP House members are trying to block a border bill Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...al-lawmaker-says.amp

I chose a Fox source to preempt bias media claims.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The senate is run by the democrats. The White House has been AWOL on the border.

While I agree the optics are bad by bluntly refusing to consider anything from the senate, we all know that it would not be a compromise bill if it came from the democrats.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
The senate is run by the democrats. The White House has been AWOL on the border.

While I agree the optics are bad by bluntly refusing to consider anything from the senate, we all know that it would not be a compromise bill if it came from the democrats.

Do Senate Republicans not count?

Link

You constantly draw a false equivalence between Democrats and these MAGA idiots in the House and it grows tiresome.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He’s admitting that he feels that the democrats in the senate will not allow anything more substantial.

I haven’t read the bill. I haven’t seen it posted anywhere yet.

What improvements are in it?

The GOP in the senate tend to believe in compromise. A portion of the democrats in the senate also believe in it.

Both parties have their hardliners.

And yes, I do consider the squad and the freedom caucus to be equivalent. Too ideological to effectively govern in a closely divided country.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
It’s partially partisan politics and partly because it’s a bad bill. 5000 illegal entries a day, allowed?

The new border patrol agents aren’t directed at border enforcement. They are to allow more illegal processing to stop the bottlenecks at the border. It’s simply optics for upcoming elections. Both sides.

America is being destroyed by 535 pricks that want you and I to hate each other. Brother against brother. Sound familiar?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He’s admitting that he feels that the democrats in the senate will not allow anything more substantial.

The GOP in the senate tend to believe in compromise. A portion of the democrats in the senate also believe in it.

And yes, I do consider the squad and the freedom caucus to be equivalent. Too ideological to effectively govern in a closely divided country.

There are at least 45 far-right members in the "Freedom Caucus" and 8 in "The Squad".

Yeah, that's equivalent.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Steve, great summation. I salute your powers of observation.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

There are at least 45 far-right members in the "Freedom Caucus" and 8 in "The Squad".

Yeah, that's equivalent.

Who, in your opinion is more extreme in their views.

Ileana Omar or Mike Johnson?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that's equivalent.

Who, in your opinion is more extreme in their views.

Ileana Omar or Mike Johnson?

Flip a coin, they both put their religious delusions above their Oath.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
except that ones religious fervor allows the constitution to exist and the others is not at all compatible with there being one.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It’s partially partisan politics and partly because it’s a bad bill. 5000 illegal entries a day, allowed?

The new border patrol agents aren’t directed at border enforcement. They are to allow more illegal processing to stop the bottlenecks at the border. It’s simply optics for upcoming elections. Both sides.

America is being destroyed by 535 pricks that want you and I to hate each other. Brother against brother. Sound familiar?

Very well written!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
except that ones religious fervor allows the constitution to exist and the others is not at all compatible with there being one.

Correct you are. Anyone that believes as Mr. Five does, needs (badly) to read “The 5000 Year Leap”.

The book is essentially a culmination of the founders reasons for, and federalist paper that supports their reasons why they wrote what they did. Not only that, they state the exact opposite what the radical left says about “The Founders being deists.”

The definitely wanted religion to be part of the American fabric.

Those that will reply I’m completely full of shit, read it first.

It also goes into the basis of American laws both natural and written as based heavily on the Leviticus. Again, read it before telling me I’m an idiot.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
it’s a bad bill

That is the last word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Correct you are. Anyone that believes as Mr. Five does, needs (badly) to read “The 5000 Year Leap”.

The book is essentially a culmination of the founders reasons for, and federalist paper that supports their reasons why they wrote what they did. Not only that, they state the exact opposite what the radical left says about “The Founders being deists.”

It also goes into the basis of American laws both natural and written as based heavily on the Leviticus. Again, read it before telling me I’m an idiot.

BOOM
100% correct Steve.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:

BOOM
100% correct Steve.

The interesting part about reading the actual Federalist papers and other correspondence between the Founders is just how far adrift our country has become. Their intent is crystal clear and leaves no ambiguity.

Some of the other subjects I found fascinating was their insistence on an educated electorate.

Reading that book flat made me a better American. I try to live my life with their vision of America in mind.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

BOOM
100% correct Steve.

The interesting part about reading the actual Federalist papers and other correspondence between the Founders is just how far adrift our country has become. Their intent is crystal clear and leaves no ambiguity.

Some of the other subjects I found fascinating was their insistence on an educated electorate.

Reading that book flat made me a better American. I try to live my life with their vision of America in mind.

Exactly!

But Joshua will be along shortly to tell you how better off we are.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

BOOM
100% correct Steve.

Exactly!

The typical response would be the woman vote and slavery issues

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

BOOM
100% correct Steve.

Exactly!

Yeah, that whole 3/5 compromise thing in the document that you try to live your life by is problematic. Roll Eyes

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sanity.

The reality is that the republicans don't want a deal. They want to beat Biden over the head with the issue next year.

https://www.politico.com/live-...take-a-deal-00135982

Speaker Mike Johnson is publicly and privately panning the Senate’s ongoing border and immigration negotiations. Senate Republicans are reminding him that it's the best deal he'll ever get.

Republicans senators said on Tuesday that they see only worse opportunities ahead to craft a border bill that can pass, given that Democrats who run the Senate and White House are now considering major changes to asylum policy, new expulsion authorities and perhaps even putting limits on presidential parole authority. If Republicans try to wait for a better deal after November's election, senators say, they could end up with GOP control over Congress and the White House — but Democrats who are in no mood to deal on the issue.

“There’s absolutely no way that we would get the kind of border policy that’s been talked about right now with a Republican majority in the Senate, unless we get a 60-vote majority, which isn’t going to happen … there aren’t many Democrats that are going to be available,” said Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the minority whip. “This is a unique moment in time. It’s an opportunity to get some conservative border policy.”

Thune described the current situation at the nation's southern border as a “national security emergency.” If House Republicans slam the door on an immigration deal, some in the Senate GOP worry that won't exactly jibe with their message that the border is a five-alarm fire.

Republicans contend that the domestic national security risks of surging migration are just as important as foreign aid. Over the past two months, that argument has become the reason that the GOP won’t move forward on Ukraine aid — compelling reluctant Democrats to the table in a bid to shake loose President Joe Biden's $100 billion-plus national security spending proposal.

Now senators and the Biden administration are discussing a deal that would restrict migration and beef up border funding, while also sending billions of dollars to Ukraine. Republicans spent months building a messaging campaign focused on what they see as a growing border crisis. Some of them, including Texas' own GOP governor, might be more interested in a compromise solution than delaying until next year.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said he recently discussed with his state's governor, Greg Abbott, the idea of waiting out Democrats for a better deal after the election. Abbott’s response, according to Cornyn, was: “So we’re just supposed to take this flow of humanity across the border for the next year?

“I don’t think we should fail to do our duty just because the House may have a different view,” Cornyn said. “It makes no sense to wait if we could do something now that would be meaningful.”

Over the weekend, Johnson posted on X “absolutely not” in response to a Fox News screen that criticized a potential border deal; Thune responded that “unfortunately, there's a lot of stuff leaked out there which doesn't reflect some of what’s being discussed and negotiated."

But Johnson's position isn’t exactly a secret: He wants the hardline H.R. 2 bill that the House passed last year, reiterating his position in a conference call on Sunday.

Senate Democrats aren’t going to support that bill. And if Donald Trump wins the presidency this fall, they won't be eager to help him restrict immigration; one of his proposals to help the immigrant group known as Dreamers and restrict legal immigration was roundly defeated in 2018 (other, more moderate options failed too).

There’s a reason immigration bills don’t go anywhere in Congress: They’re big, they’re complicated and they tick off each party’s base. At the moment, the Senate GOP is making a clear recommendation to its House counterparts, who are quite in tune with that base: If we get a deal, take the win.

“We’ve got a giant problem with thousands of people coming every day. So we’ve got to work to find solutions. I wouldn’t shut the door.” said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.).

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

BOOM
100% correct Steve.

Exactly!

Yeah, that whole 3/5 compromise thing in the document that you try to live your life by is problematic. Roll Eyes

I agree, Sharia would be a far superior way of life. tu2

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

One religious sect of Christianity wants to destroy liberty and free will.

Tell me what does religion have to do w a segment of the right GOP actively trying to prevent legalization on the border issue?

Except those morons cater to that religious sect.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their intent is crystal clear and leaves no ambiguity.

Your error is in assuming the Founders all had the same intent. They did not.

Most were Christians. Some were Deists. And some were atheists or agnostics.

The Constitution was a compromise. The one thing they all agreed on was that religion had no place in government.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Sanity.

The reality is that the republicans don't want a deal. They want to beat Biden over the head with the issue next year.

https://www.politico.com/live-...take-a-deal-00135982

Speaker Mike Johnson is publicly and privately panning the Senate’s ongoing border and immigration negotiations. Senate Republicans are reminding him that it's the best deal he'll ever get.

Republicans senators said on Tuesday that they see only worse opportunities ahead to craft a border bill that can pass, given that Democrats who run the Senate and White House are now considering major changes to asylum policy, new expulsion authorities and perhaps even putting limits on presidential parole authority. If Republicans try to wait for a better deal after November's election, senators say, they could end up with GOP control over Congress and the White House — but Democrats who are in no mood to deal on the issue.

“There’s absolutely no way that we would get the kind of border policy that’s been talked about right now with a Republican majority in the Senate, unless we get a 60-vote majority, which isn’t going to happen … there aren’t many Democrats that are going to be available,” said Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the minority whip. “This is a unique moment in time. It’s an opportunity to get some conservative border policy.”

Thune described the current situation at the nation's southern border as a “national security emergency.” If House Republicans slam the door on an immigration deal, some in the Senate GOP worry that won't exactly jibe with their message that the border is a five-alarm fire.

Republicans contend that the domestic national security risks of surging migration are just as important as foreign aid. Over the past two months, that argument has become the reason that the GOP won’t move forward on Ukraine aid — compelling reluctant Democrats to the table in a bid to shake loose President Joe Biden's $100 billion-plus national security spending proposal.

Now senators and the Biden administration are discussing a deal that would restrict migration and beef up border funding, while also sending billions of dollars to Ukraine. Republicans spent months building a messaging campaign focused on what they see as a growing border crisis. Some of them, including Texas' own GOP governor, might be more interested in a compromise solution than delaying until next year.

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) said he recently discussed with his state's governor, Greg Abbott, the idea of waiting out Democrats for a better deal after the election. Abbott’s response, according to Cornyn, was: “So we’re just supposed to take this flow of humanity across the border for the next year?

“I don’t think we should fail to do our duty just because the House may have a different view,” Cornyn said. “It makes no sense to wait if we could do something now that would be meaningful.”

Over the weekend, Johnson posted on X “absolutely not” in response to a Fox News screen that criticized a potential border deal; Thune responded that “unfortunately, there's a lot of stuff leaked out there which doesn't reflect some of what’s being discussed and negotiated."

But Johnson's position isn’t exactly a secret: He wants the hardline H.R. 2 bill that the House passed last year, reiterating his position in a conference call on Sunday.

Senate Democrats aren’t going to support that bill. And if Donald Trump wins the presidency this fall, they won't be eager to help him restrict immigration; one of his proposals to help the immigrant group known as Dreamers and restrict legal immigration was roundly defeated in 2018 (other, more moderate options failed too).

There’s a reason immigration bills don’t go anywhere in Congress: They’re big, they’re complicated and they tick off each party’s base. At the moment, the Senate GOP is making a clear recommendation to its House counterparts, who are quite in tune with that base: If we get a deal, take the win.

“We’ve got a giant problem with thousands of people coming every day. So we’ve got to work to find solutions. I wouldn’t shut the door.” said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito (R-W.Va.).

There’s some truth to your statement, but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a shit bill.

Allowing 5,000 crossings daily is completely counter, by any measure responsible immigration. If you would be honest with yourself, you’d have to agree.

The additional BP agents would have absolutely zero border enforcement duties. They would be strictly processing clerks.

That isn’t a border. That isn’t our country, that’s “remaking America”

You’re a very intelligent guy, you know all this already.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The House of Representatives is functioning as a branch of the Trump campaign, it's that simple.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

The Constitution was a compromise. The one thing they all agreed on was that religion had no place in government.

Have you read the federalist papers or letters between the founders speaking specifically to this?

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaker Johnson keeps the government open working with and by Dem votes.

Funny how responsibility seems to sober these folks up; sometimes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Democrats keep the government open by working with the Speaker.

More Democrats voted for it than Republicans.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Democrats keep the government open by working with the Speaker.

More Democrats voted for it than Republicans.

You are correct. It took them both to act like adults. Hence, I said by Democrats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

"The Jefferson lies" would be another great read......Especially in regards to " the wall of separation"...

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

That is factually incorrect.