Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Have A BRILLIANT Idea How To Solve The Drug Problem Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
People taking drugs are just plain stupid.

So, society is better off without them.

The government should open centers in every major city.

And offer free drugs to anyone who wishes to partake.

Give everyone enough to over doze.

End of story. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

End of story. clap

Jeff Cooper's solution was every time the Feds/police confiscate some that they should poison it and put back out onto the street.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1219 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both Saeed and Jeff Coopers idea sound good.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

End of story. clap

I am good with it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36680 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then they jump in their cars and trucks and kill people on their way home.

Posts: 6170 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Then they jump in their cars and trucks and kill people on their way home.

Who said they are allowed to go home?

Last place they get into and then to their graves! clap

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
But if we got rid of the drug problem, then how would we keep our prisons filled?

"To understand any problem in America, do not look at who suffers from the problem but who profits from it"

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Politicians.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Should we execute everybody arrested for DWI too?

Lot bigger problem in terms of causing 3rd party deaths.

You're an idiot, Saeed. No offense, I get the trolling thing but damn man.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

What a great idea.

More stupid morons to get rid of.

One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
2050 World population projected around 9.8 billion. 2100 11 billion. Think we’ll still be sport hunting and fishing? By all means let’s save the drug addicts murderers rapists pedophiles. Then let in millions and millions of poor weak and tired. It’s the economy man. We have plenty of room.

Posts: 3453 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Many project that the carrying capacity of the earth is ~10B.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36680 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Execution? Did Saeed say that?

A little hyperbolic don’t you thin?

We’ll add that to your lie list. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's one of those ideas that looks better in theory than it does in practice.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

posted Hide Post
All sounds really great until it's YOUR teenage son or daughter that gets caught experimenting.

Posts: 36 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stubbleduck:
All sounds really great until it's YOUR teenage son or daughter that gets caught experimenting.

Fentanyl took all the “experimenting” off the table.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only way to eliminate the drug problem is to eliminate the demand!!!
As long as there is a demand someone will try to supply it, regardless of the consequences.
Who controls the illegal drugs? (Other than the government.) The criminals, oops I repeat myself. Who controlled the booze during prohibition? The criminals.
You'll never effect the supply of something that there is a large demand for.
Saeeds plan is one way to reduce the demand, in the case of the user permanently.!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To those that say the war on drugs is a failed idea, I would point out:

In Edwardian England they had a lot of problems with opiate abuse. They made it illegal and it got less prominent.

In the US around the civil war days, there was a great deal of abuse of opiates. They passed a law banning it and the problem got better.

China was noted to have a huge problem with opium use. When Mao came to power, he banned it and placed draconian restrictions. The problem was hugely decreased.

So, a war on drugs can be won on a macro level. The problem arises when we start comparing the method needed to do so against what the populace is willing to put up with. Prohibition "worked" in cutting down public drunkenness and alcohol related bad behaviors... but the populace wasn't too happy with the price from a civil liberty standpoint and the growth of organized crime.

Work in an area with a lot of chemical dependency treatment. See the huge amount of recidivism. Fundamentally, the person involved has to decide they want to truly quit before anything works. Social stigmatization has some effect. Punishment has some effect. Some are beyond our capability to treat. If you remove punishment and social stigma, the numbers of folks who really will see a reason to quit is going to be less.

And many folks who have a relative who is deep in the throes of addiction state their relative stopped being who he was once they started being an addict.

I'm not against trying to help those who want help, but having everybody and their dog carrying narcan to stop the results of their self destructive behavior is not helping society. Putting evryone caught drinking and driving in CD treatment isn't doing anything substantial- if they are someone who can be shocked out of the behavior, the arrest, stigma of being caught, and their own shame in what they have become might get them to want treatment on their own... but sending them to treatment isn't going to do much.

And would you consider a methadone clinic (giving the opiate addict opiates) really a treatment? or is it just an amelioration of the negative consequences of their addiction?

There isn't a great answer, but I don't see how giving people more choices of "legal" intoxicants really improves things.

Posts: 10671 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Execution? Did Saeed say that?

A little hyperbolic don’t you thin?

We’ll add that to your lie list. Wink

List it up and I will be happy to respond.

You are a trump-supporting retard. You'll vote for a man that instigated and supported an insurrection against the USA. trump called it a "beautiful day" just last week.

Was J6 a beautiful day Lane?

Post up.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What the OP is advocating is a form of self execution if you want to look at it that way. There would most likely be no Narcan allowed and nothing to treat the OD except death. How many would really want to partake in that?