Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another One Bites the Dust Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Multiple reports that Tom Emmer has withdrawn from the race to be Speaker of the House. Despite winning the latest Republican Caucus vote to become the Nominee the fact that he didn't vote against certifying that Trump lost proved fatal.

Always petty, Trump gave at least a tacit endorsement to Emmer to get him through the caucus vote then yanked the rug out from under him.

It now appears that the MAGAts are taking the American People hostage by proxy and intend to force a government shutdown by simply refusing to allow the House to do anything but eat its own.

Does there come a point when 5 sane Republicans join the Democrats and elect Jeffries, or will they all be complicit?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be hard to imagine a more dysfunctional group than the Freedom Caucus. What a bunch of fools.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
It would be hard to imagine a more dysfunctional group than the Freedom Caucus. What a bunch of fools.

The fools are the Republicans who will vote to re-elect many of them in just over a year.

"Vote For Us, We Can't Even Run Our Party!"

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by skb:

The fools are the Republicans who will vote to re-elect many of them in just over a year.

"Vote For Us, We Can't Even Run Our Party!"

It really does defy belief. I'm not sure who we ought to be more mad at....the idiots who vote republican or the Democratic party that is unable to field a platform and candidates that can beat idiot republicans.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel more confident every day that the Democrats will win the White House by a landslide in 2024. The Republicans lose votes daily by their antics. America could not ask for a better scenario.

Posts: 13774 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
I feel more confident every day that the Democrats will win the White House by a landslide in 2024. The Republicans lose votes daily by their antics. America could not ask for a better scenario.

I never say never since I still can't believe that trump was ever the POTUS but I tend to agree. I'm not as confident that translates to control of the House or Senate.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
This situation in the GOP is difficult to understand.

What do the extremists want? A tiny minority want the biggest say and total control!

This is not about freedom, democracy, patriotism, constitution, conservatism or Christian values!

This is pure disruption and anarchy.

I personally believe that Putin is pulling the strings on Getz and some others. No other explanation makes logical sense.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
This situation in the GOP is difficult to understand.

What do the extremists want? A tiny minority want the biggest say and total control!

This is not about freedom, democracy, patriotism, constitution, conservatism or Christian values!

This is pure disruption and anarchy.

I personally believe that Putin is pulling the strings on Getz and some others. No other explanation makes logical sense.

Both the DNC and the RNC were hacked by Russian Intelligence.

The "take" from the DNC was given to Wikileaks to use against Clinton.

The "take" from the RNC never surfaced.