Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
quote:
No joke, just that facts Ma'am.

The Freedom Caucus only cares about reducing spending when a Democrat is in the Whitehouse, proven time and again. The goal was not to reduce spending but rather an attempt to hobble the current administration as much as possible in hopes of gaining a political edge for the 2024 election cycle. Even a blind man can see that.

Proven??? In your own mind perhaps.

Blindmen (named Steve) might see it that way…but fiscally conservative people with their eyes wide-open (which is less than half of the electorate and dwindling daily I will admit) welcome any attempt to reduce the wanton waste of money by our fiscally irresponsible government.

Then maybe a man with such keen insight as yourself could point out why the Freedom Caucus is quiet as a mouse when a Republican in seated in the Whitehouse but holds the world economy hostage when a Democratic is the POTUS?

Purely political grandstanding and nothing more.

The Freedom Caucus was happy to let Trump run up the deficit but all in the sudden now they want to be fiscally responsible.

The Trump deficit stemmed from COVID. The Freedom Caucus did voice opposition. Of course we know that the Democratic House at that time ran roughshod over all conservative voices.

Bullshit Lane. Trump was running up the deficit long before Covid.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Freedom Caucus only cares about reducing spending when a Democrat is in the Whitehouse, proven time and again. The goal was not to reduce spending but rather an attempt to hobble the current administration as much as possible in hopes of gaining a political edge for the 2024 election cycle. Even a blind man can see that.

Blindmen (named Steve) might see it that way…but fiscally conservative people with their eyes wide-open (which is less than half of the electorate and dwindling daily I will admit) welcome any attempt to reduce the wanton waste of money by our fiscally irresponsible government.

Then maybe a man with such keen insight as yourself could point out why the Freedom Caucus is quiet as a mouse when a Republican in seated in the Whitehouse but holds the world economy hostage when a Democratic is the POTUS?

The Freedom Caucus was happy to let Trump run up the deficit but all in the sudden now they want to be fiscally responsible.

The Trump deficit stemmed from COVID. The Freedom Caucus did voice opposition. Of course we know that the Democratic House at that time ran roughshod over all conservative voices.

coffee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

coffee

Thanks for proving my point. You might want to look at 2017, 2018, 2019 on the graph. 2020

So where was the Freedom Caucus from 2017 to 2019? Not trying reduce spending, that much is clear.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do we know what the voters from the freedom caucus states said to their reps?
SKB, you are always at Saeed about the Monarchy.
But now a democratic republic is wrong too?
What if they are following the will of their voters?
What sort of government are you looking for?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

I'm looking for a Government that functions, that requires compromise. I'm a Moderate and do not support either extremes. If the voters from Freedom Caucus States feel the Government should default, then the elected reps should stand up and tell the voters that they are in the wrong. We elect representatives and are not a direct Democracy for a reason, mob rule sucks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems to me, we got a compromise.?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

coffee

Thanks for proving my point. You might want to look at 2017, 2018, 2019 on the graph. 2020

So where was the Freedom Caucus from 2017 to 2019? Not trying reduce spending, that much is clear.

That is what the first graph was for. To show spending was on par with GDP until COVID. 2020

Your point refuted.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm looking for a Government that functions, that requires compromise. I'm a Moderate and do not support either extremes. If the voters from Freedom Caucus States feel the Government should default, then the elected reps should stand up and tell the voters that they are in the wrong. We elect representatives and are not a direct Democracy for a reason, mob rule sucks.

And they would be gotten rid of. There is a reason why Representatives are reelected every 2 years.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anything to support the nut job caucus Lane, you are consistent if nothing else animal

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

coffee

That is what the first graph was for. To show spending was on par with GDP until COVID. 2020

Your point refuted.

Damn, those Clorox enemas and UV lights must have been damn expensive…. rotflmo cuckoo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13143 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane is right on that.
The voters send a rep of their choice to DC.
If the majority say dont vote for this, that is what you do....
skb version is the rep tells his voters to go fuck themselves, I'll do what I want.
Gone next election cycle.
I would say it worked, as there was compromise, where both sides originally no.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lane is right on that.
The voters send a rep of their choice to DC.
If the majority say dont vote for this, that is what you do....
skb version is the rep tells his voters to go fuck themselves, I'll do what I want.
Gone next election cycle.
I would say it worked, as there was compromise, where both sides originally no.

No, in my version the rep does not say fuck you, the rep says "I am the adult in the room and here to legislate and find solutions, not to grandstand"

You know, functional Government.

I'm fine with the compromise, that should be readily apparent from my first post this morning quoting Manchin.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anything to support the nut job caucus Lane, you are consistent if nothing else animal

And unlike you…correct.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Congresspeople who don’t pursue the wishes of their constituents are back to their regular jobs ASAP. That is EXACTLY why their terms are only 2 years and must face the music every cycle. The Founders wanted the People’s house to reflect the wishes of the People.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have help vote out reps that said one thing and took it on themselves to do the opposite.
If the reps were sent to slow spending, and caved at the first proposal, nothing would change.
That seems pretty simple to me.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Lane, your graph shows that the deficit is pretty much going steadily down with Obama, but with Trump, it reverses that trend with ever increasing deficits.

Further, you are ignoring Trump’s corporate tax cuts. The bill was not signed until December 27, 2017. One would expect a substantial lag between passage and seeing an impact.
“President Donald Trump’s signature tax bill,26 enacted when Republicans gained control of the White House and both houses of Congress in 2017, will have cost roughly $1.7 trillion by the end of fiscal year 2023. These tax cuts reduced personal income tax rates and permanently lowered the corporate tax rate, among other changes. Despite being paired with a further expansion of the child tax credit, the 2017 changes also largely benefited the wealthy, once again making the U.S. tax code significantly more regressive.”

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
I will grant that large spending to combat Covid was a major cause for the 2020 spike, but one can’t ignore the upward deficit with Trump

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Lane, your graph shows that the deficit is pretty much going steadily down with Obama, but with Trump, it reverses that trend with ever increasing deficits.

Further, you are ignoring Trump’s corporate tax cuts. The bill was not signed until December 27, 2017. One would expect a substantial lag between passage and seeing an impact.
“President Donald Trump’s signature tax bill,26 enacted when Republicans gained control of the White House and both houses of Congress in 2017, will have cost roughly $1.7 trillion by the end of fiscal year 2023. These tax cuts reduced personal income tax rates and permanently lowered the corporate tax rate, among other changes. Despite being paired with a further expansion of the child tax credit, the 2017 changes also largely benefited the wealthy, once again making the U.S. tax code significantly more regressive.”

The lag-time for the tax-cuts to start showing significant deficit reduction would have been 2-3 years. COVID hit at the very beginning of the 3rd year when you would have expected to see the boon.

The first graph tells the tale that we steady until COVID hit. The economy was the best I have ever seen it in 2019.

The rest is history.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congresspeople who don’t pursue the wishes of their constituents are back to their regular jobs ASAP. That is EXACTLY why their terms are only 2 years and must face the music every
cycle. The Founders wanted the People’s house to reflect the wishes of the People.

Maybe people seeking political office should stop telling folks unrealistic and falsehoods just to trick such people into voting for them.

You know like, “Ws must have a border wall, and Mexico will pay for it.”

What we needed was a path to citizenship with temp work recognition as a stop gdp measure for long term migrants, more BP agents, more Deportation ALJs, and equipment to enforce with, and Stiffer penalties for those who employs non documented workers.

Hey we managed to let an 8 year old die in custody of BP down in Texas. So, one less one to worry about.

Posts: 10839 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
W called for a border wall?
Or is this more of emperor's gobbly-gook writing?