THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    They Are Talking About Some Of The Republican Policies Ledvm Was Bragging About

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They Are Talking About Some Of The Republican Policies Ledvm Was Bragging About Login/Join 
one of us
posted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6QHMH_Faos Trump was a business genius alright.

Now the Republicans want to pass a 30% sales tax on everything and abolish the IRS. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvUjwaJVXM

How neat for the wealthy. (Just like Trump's tax cut.) People with less money will then be able to afford less. The wealthy will pay the extra 30% and buy what they want. How cool is that!

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gutting social security, having a 30% sales tax.

Gonna be great for the repugs in 2024.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
30 percent sales tax to the Feds and 9-10 percent to the State; no thanks. I will keep what we have, and I pay 3 income taxes.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...4905a5f989fc440364ae

What is the GOP’s plan to increase the retirement age to seventy?
Story by Maite Knorr-Evans • Thursday

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19738 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am all for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You're for it because you know you won't need SS.

Posts: 6121 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think a 30% sales tax rate is a bit high there.

It would be a decrease in what I pay now, but not very reasonable.

A 10-15% flat tax should actually do it, especially if we get rid of exemptions and carve outs.

My issue with a VAT or sales tax is that it will get levied multiple times and it really would stop a lot of so called discretionary spending. We have seen some unintended consequences with luxury taxes.

I also would insist that tax increment financing and crony capitalism would need to be banned.

I would also point out that while you might get rid of IRS audits of taxpayers, there is no way you can get rid of a tax enforcement arm, or all that will happen is unreported transactions.

As to raising the retirement age, they (dems included) have been doing it all along. Raising it to 70 probably still isn't putting it where 65 was back in 1937. As long as we have planned inflation, no one is paying in what they get out, so the canard that you paid for your SS is BS. It was, is, and always will be a Ponzi scheme, just a legal one. How else can they get away with means testing and adding taxes on it for the "wealthy"?

Truthfully, raising the SS age doesn't hurt the folks collecting it, just the folks who retired early planning on it in the future, which is really poor planning on their part.

Honestly, I've paid in a lot, and half expect to get nothing from it because the left has tinkered with it to be "fair". If I do get something, I will be one of those who is a net loser by virtue of my successes. To be fair, a lot of my income is a transfer via government, so I really have no bitch there...

I think the elderly who are living on SS need to be taken care of, but they also shouldn't be pulling out the "I paid for it" comments, because they collectively voted for the jackasses that made that not really true. Its more a social agreement than you paid for it, and the folks you elected pissed your money away.

Posts: 10628 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I agree Dr. B with pretty much all you wrote.

A 10% flat is the way to go.

But no more income tax and a 30% VAT is better for me than what we have now for sure.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not when you add on a stare private and state cooperate income tax that a Super Majority Republican General Assembly refuses to kill.

Raising retirement age or missing around with the grids should require your political head to be handed to you.

The grids are basically presumptions based on age that make getting SSDI easier.

This will really make some of you mad. Currently, you can obtain early SSR receive that guaranteed income. And in the same breath apply for SSD which if successful kicks your number up from whatever your Early retirement number is to your full SSDU amount. The grids all, but guarantee you will be awarded SSDI.

If you really want to reduce payouts, then the system is designed with built in denials. Do, when you hire a lawyer and get SSDI, the Feds have to pay you 2-4 years ;yes it takes that long) in back pay minus 5 months.

Stop denying folks who should be approved requiring 2 years of appeal, and those big back pay hits go away.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I am all for it.

You are one of the few. Republican lawmakers are running away from these radical, fringe lunatic proposals.

Republicans have been talking about these same things for years. The difference was that it was only a very few kooks who were doing the talking. Now, it's you and the other 20-25% of republicans who have gone nuts because of trump.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15093 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They did not go nuts because of President Trump. They were already nuts.

President Trump was just their voice, their champion.

The only reason folks like Dr. Easter have moved past President Trump is not because of what President Trump (as a politician represents). It is because President Trumps is no longer seen as a viable salesman for these kind of dead on arrival policies.

They cannot even bring themselves to say, “ I will never vote for President Trump.”

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

The only reason folks like Dr. Easter have moved past President Trump is not because of what President Trump (as a politician represents). It is because President Trumps is no longer seen as a viable salesman for these kind of dead on arrival policies.

They cannot even bring themselves to say, “ I will never vote for President Trump.”

I am a moderate in my districts in both TX and OK.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I am a moderate in my districts in both TX and OK.

Now that is a scary thought.....

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can call yourself whatever you like. Like a Libertarian while not being one.

You live around Dallas-FW area, correct?

If so, I know that you are not a moderate.

Note, you did not refute anything I said.

I’m fact, you are on record heat as saying you hope President Strunk is not the nominee bc of his “baggage.”

You have never condemned him for the Big Lue that motivated Jan 6, his Failure to defend Your Congress, his Failure to Defend Your Election, his phone call to the GA Sec. of State, his musings that hanging the CO was a good idea, nor his Unconstitutional Directive to the VP decertify the Election.

You are not a moderate. You would have 12 years forced to give birth. You are a member of the Faction, and a political unserious person.

How did all those President Trump backed candidates work out for you in the last election. Yet, the Faction is doubling down on their stupidity.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
OK is the reddest state in the union. Not a single blue county. Trump carried all counties both elections — even the counties Tulsa and OKC are in.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Lane is a moderate I must be the Pope.

Full disclosure, I do own several funny looking hats

clap

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am certainly far right in the context of this group. But at political meetings in my districts in both TX and OK, which I regularly attend…I am labeled a moderate and get yelled at occasionally by our far right.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can just refer to me as Your Holiness going forward Lane Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can call yourself whatever you like. Like a Libertarian while not being one.

You live around Dallas-FW area, correct?

If so, I know that you are not a moderate.

Note, you did not refute anything I said.

I’m fact, you are on record heat as saying you hope President Strunk is not the nominee bc of his “baggage.”

You have never condemned him for the Big Lue that motivated Jan 6, his Failure to defend Your Congress, his Failure to Defend Your Election, his phone call to the GA Sec. of State, his musings that hanging the CO was a good idea, nor his Unconstitutional Directive to the VP decertify the Election.

You are not a moderate. You would have 12 years forced to give birth. You are a member of the Faction, and a political fool.

I live north of DFW along the Red River. This is one of the most conservative areas in the State…similar to OK. Ronnie Jackson was my US Rep…now Michael Burgess.

I may be a political fool…I don’t know or care. But, you are just a fool.

I stand for what I believe is just and could care less what people think of me. You on the other hand believe a new law is the answer to all that ails…the definition of foolishness. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump carried all counties both elections — even the counties Tulsa and OKC are in.

. . . I think you have just unintentionally called into question the relative intelligence level of an entire state.

Mike

Posts: 21221 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:
Trump carried all counties both elections — even the counties Tulsa and OKC are in.

. . . I think you have just unintentionally called into question the relative intelligence level of an entire state.

I tell you what I will call into question…is the intelligence of anyone (esp from the State of Texas that knows anything about the state of affairs of the Rio Grande Valley) who prefers Biden to Trump as POTUS.

I just can’t wrap my head around that stupidity.

The State of Oklahoma is a great place to live. Western Oklahoma is some of the best hunting, ranching, and rural community living left to be had in the USA. OK is my second home state.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They say it flat out, then deny it. Fucking liars.....

https://youtube.com/shorts/bKS_E7DOM-4?feature=share

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I guess it's okay to vote democrat just because your daddy did and his daddy did. Talk about crazy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did not say my daddy voted Dem. The last President my Father voted for in the General was President Bush the younger.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
But you said people voted for Trump because they were nuts. The same thing applies to democrats; they just check the demo box and go home.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am all for it.

I'm OK with it too personally but you and I make a living in a way that's very different from most folks.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15093 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote