New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oregon wants to make hunting and fishing a crime.. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted
Went to the Congressional Sporting Foundation dinner last week. On every place setting they had information about the Orgon Initiative to ban all hunting and fishing.

https://www.rmef.org/elk-netwo...ing-fishing-farming/

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have won all all kinds of anti-firearms issues.

Makes sense that the anti's can push this through.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's not Oregon, just a couple of nutjobs. It will go nowhere.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Um. As a native Oregonian who lived in that state for 60 of his 70 years, no, it is definitely NOT a couple of nut jobs. The state -- and especially super-left Portland and Eugene -- is infested with progressive nut jobs.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
It's not Oregon, just a couple of nutjobs. It will go nowhere.

According to the story;

Proponents claimed they passed the 30,000-signature mark in mid-July.

That's more than just a few "nut jobs".
Move along nothing to see here

Posts: 323 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 16 April 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since they are all about "States Rights" I assume the Oregon Republican Party supports this.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
WTF can the Republican Party do about this, since they are a minority in a state where liberals in Portland and Eugene are the majority?? Get a grip.. 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It will go nowhere.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Who is gonna finance Fish and game dept?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
These initiatives are coming to every state in the union. Nut jobs are everywhere and proliferating. Just look at this place of hunters and shooters who vote for Democrats…THE party of the nut jobs and anti hunting. What does America look like with 350 million people? 400 million? Think your great grandkids will go a hunting? We have plenty of people, the frontier closed well over 100 yrs ago. The truth is I have more in common with farm and country folks from Russia than modern city folks in the US. They want to save the whales, save the bears, save the planet. Meanwhile most don’t know a Maple from an Oak. Sad but true. I know just about every tree, plant and weed in my area. I can tell you what bird made that sound. I have the earth under my finger nails and burrs in my clothes. So frustrating when the do gooders claim to love this planet while avoiding it at all costs as we farmers and ranchers wear it like clothing.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
A lot of truth there^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:
These initiatives are coming to every state in the union. Nut jobs are everywhere and proliferating. Just look at this place of hunters and shooters who vote for Democrats…THE party of the nut jobs and anti hunting. What does America look like with 350 million people? 400 million? Think your great grandkids will go a hunting? We have plenty of people, the frontier closed well over 100 yrs ago. The truth is I have more in common with farm and country folks from Russia than modern city folks in the US. They want to save the whales, save the bears, save the planet. Meanwhile most don’t know a Maple from an Oak. Sad but true. I know just about every tree, plant and weed in my area. I can tell you what bird made that sound. I have the earth under my finger nails and burrs in my clothes. So frustrating when the do gooders claim to love this planet while avoiding it at all costs as we farmers and ranchers wear it like clothing.

Well said

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is a zero % chance this becomes law.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
NC voted about four years ago for Hunting and Fishing to be a right. It was passed with a huge majority in the General Assembly. Most of the Southern States and several other Red states have voted something similar into law.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
These initiatives are coming to every state in the union. Nut jobs are everywhere and proliferating. Just look at this place of hunters and shooters who vote for Democrats…THE party of the nut jobs and anti hunting.

As urban life expands so will this. As mentioned, all one has to do is look at our demographics on this forum.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Forgive me but the Democrats hardly have the monopoly on nutjobs. You folks are getting ready to try to make Donald Trump president again.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Purvis:
NC voted about four years ago for Hunting and Fishing to be a right. It was passed with a huge majority in the General Assembly. Most of the Southern States and several other Red states have voted something similar into law.

Heck, some blue states did so as well.

MN put it in also.

Hunting/fishing are not the exclusive province of conservatives or republicans.

But support for hunting and fishing does have a relationship to urban/rural upbringing.

All these bunny hugger types have little to do with the natural world. Heck, how many of us know folks who think the natural habitat for meat is a grocery aisle? Lots of young parents know better intellectually, but the thought is uncomfortable, and they refuse to be honest with their kids who then get weird ideas.

It’s all multi generational “I’m my kid’s friend, not their parent” thinking.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I find interesting about the far left is that they are all about science unstill it opposes their emotional trigger. Let our fish and game departments manage through the science and data. But on the other hand almost everybody I know that hunts public lands has the opinion that fish and game is doing everything wrong, so who's to blame ?

Posts: 1073 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Democrats always beat the drum on “ Ban guns, ban religion, ban hunting and fishing “( not all but many of them and you never hear republicans ever say that )
What would outdoorsmen who are democrats do if that came to fruition?

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
not all but many of them and you never hear republicans ever say that )

Ban abortion.

Ban same sex marriage.

Ban trans surgery.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
THE party of the nut jobs

You really shouldn't go there. Really.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Neither party has a monopoly on nut jobs... but I do think the anti hunting/animal rights nut jobs are pretty predominantly democrat when compared to democrat vs republican.

If your only political issue was hunting/fishing, it would make sense to be republican when compared to democrat... but who is exclusively one issue?

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I agree that more of the anti-hunting nut jobs vote Democrat than Republican, probably. But I bet most vote, if at all, for fringe far-left parties like the Green Party.

I don't see the Republicans as staunch allies to hunters. Or why would they nominate, probably for three elections straight, a man who referred to hunting as a "horror show"?

Maybe Lane can enlighten us.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
not all but many of them and you never hear republicans ever say that )

Ban abortion.

Ban same sex marriage.

Ban trans surgery.

Fringe issues and rather dumb response and you live in Idaho now?

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
The dwindling hunting and angling fraternity in Oregon had better be paying attention -- and needs to be strategic in the way they choose to frame the argument.
I was very near ground zero with the Oregon Hunting Association back in 1994 when the save-the-predators bunch launched their campaign to pass Ballot Measure 18, which would ban the use of dogs in hunting bears and cougars -- the only really effective way to hunt these animals in Oregon. The measure also banned baiting bears. The OHA nincompoops passed this off with laughter as a radical environmentalist/animal rights whacko initiative that surely no one would vote for. It passed 52 to 48 percent thanks to the great weight of urban voters easily swayed by emotional arguments.
That was almost 30 years ago, in a state that now makes heroin use legal!

– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Excellent post!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hyperbole but close.

100% of Democrats against international trophy hunting and 50% of Republicans.

80% of Democrats against hunting in general and 20% of Republicans.

60% of Democrats oppose gun ownership and <10% of Republicans.

Republicans in general are for small fiscally responsible government and personal responsibility and self reliance.

Personally, for the life of me, I can’t see how anyone on “this forum” could support the Democratic Party.

I used to believe outdoorsmen were mostly sane and had common sense. This forum has enlightened me that this trend is fading as well. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Lane, my friend, Republicans used to be for something good and decent, but I have forgotten what, in this fouled world peopled by the Trumps, the Goetzes and the Jordans.
We need a third way right up the middle.

– John Green, author

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Lane, my friend, Republicans used to be for something good and decent, but I have forgotten what, in this fouled world peopled by the Trumps, the Goetzes and the Jordans.
We need a third way right up the middle.

When a viable one comes along…let me know. In the meantime I will stick with the party that is viable and best represents my interests. Hint…it don’t start with a D. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM