Notify
Tools

The Only Realistic Answer to Putin Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Opinion by David J. Kramer • Yesterday 7:30 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ebb4261760a69e&ei=48

(excerpts)

Zelensky, who has performed heroically throughout the war, was democratically elected and has to take into account the views of the Ukrainian people. A recent poll by the International Republican Institute shows that 97 percent of Ukrainians think they can win the war and 74 percent believe that Ukraine will maintain all territories from within its internationally recognized borders defined in 1991. Ukrainians strongly oppose any territorial concessions or compromises. They also don’t trust Russia, given Moscow’s history of never living up to its past commitments to Ukraine, not least the 2014 and 2015 Minsk agreements.

In Ukraine, the Ukrainians are the ones doing the fighting, and tragically the dying; the United States has no soldiers on the ground. But we have every interest in providing the military support Ukraine needs to win this war and drive every Russian occupying and invading force off Ukrainian territory. No one wants the war to end sooner than the Ukrainians, but they also believe, and with good reason, that they can win, if they get the assistance they need soon. Now is not the time to snatch Russian defeat from Ukraine’s jaws of victory.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
America and the West are prolonging the war.

Russia still occupies 40,000 square miles.

Only end to any war is negotiations.

And the West is telling their stupid puppet not to.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt the west is telling Ukraine not to negotiate.

Ukraine’s issue is the above. The citizens overwhelmingly feel they can win.

Now is that Ukrainian government propaganda or a realistic understanding of the situation?

I don’t know. I’m not over there, and from my understanding of the balance of forces, it would seem to be more in the hands of the Russian citizens (to continue to support the war regardless of costs) than the Ukrainians, the western states, or, for that matter, the current Russian government.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

And the only negotiations Russia will settle for is for Ukraine to give up territory.

How much territory did the UAE concede to the houthis?

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
IMO, Obama made a mistake when Putin annexed Crimea.

He kicked the can down the road.

But, no one anticipated Trump, Putin's asset.

Now, it's Biden's problem.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

And the only negotiations Russia will settle for is for Ukraine to give up territory.

Duhhhh, none?? Of course they did pay enough to stop the rocket attacks, since their military couldn’t stop them. jumping

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wonder how it's gonna end when we run out of stuff to send them?

we got bombs and missiles up the ying yang, but javelins and the like are pretty slow to replace.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The same amount as brfains in your empty head! rotflmo

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

What do you think a peace deal would require?

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

Put both Zelensky and Putin against a wall and shoot them

And while you are at it, don’t forget Bush 2, Cheney, Teflon Tony and all their cronies! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
quote:
quote:

Duhhhh, none?? Of course they did pay enough to stop the rocket attacks, since their military couldn’t stop them. jumping

animal

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And while you are at it, don’t forget Bush 2, Cheney, Teflon Tony and all their cronies! clap

Little problem there, Saeed.

It might work in a monarchy or dictatorship, but in a Democratic system, the top guy is usually there because the majority think he should be for some reason.

You would need to line up a lot of people.

In the above quoted report, 75% of the Ukrainians agree with fighting. Just shooting Zelensky doesn’t do much.

Putin? Who knows. He has been repeatedly elected, but how fair the process was? I suspect that more than 1/3 of Russians agree with him, even so.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Opinion by David J. Kramer • Yesterday 7:30 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ebb4261760a69e&ei=48

(excerpts)

Zelensky, who has performed heroically throughout the war, was democratically elected and has to take into account the views of the Ukrainian people. A recent poll by the International Republican Institute shows that 97 percent of Ukrainians think they can win the war and 74 percent believe that Ukraine will maintain all territories from within its internationally recognized borders defined in 1991. Ukrainians strongly oppose any territorial concessions or compromises. They also don’t trust Russia, given Moscow’s history of never living up to its past commitments to Ukraine, not least the 2014 and 2015 Minsk agreements.

In Ukraine, the Ukrainians are the ones doing the fighting, and tragically the dying; the United States has no soldiers on the ground. But we have every interest in providing the military support Ukraine needs to win this war and drive every Russian occupying and invading force off Ukrainian territory. No one wants the war to end sooner than the Ukrainians, but they also believe, and with good reason, that they can win, if they get the assistance they need soon. Now is not the time to snatch Russian defeat from Ukraine’s jaws of victory.

My concern with your copied quotes was that it seemed to leave the responsibility with the USA.

Not so fast Man! Big Grin

I read the article a few days later and cooled down a bit. I believe the West and NATO specifically needs to see this thru and Ukraine should push Vlad entirely back on Russian soil, complete defeat.

Before, during and thru the aftermath, as I've said before many times, I believe there needs to be a full diplomatic investment. Not only is Russia not going to regain it's historical USSR might, Russia is also never to regain its previous strength and place in international politics. Russian culture fails beyond tribalism Vlads empire is capable at no more than despots and warlords, Barons and fifedoms. Russia is heading towards being a protectorate like Iraq, Haiti, Burma.

China doesn't need Vlad as an ally, they need to annex Russia. Vlad offers China nothing more than dirt and what's subsurface Russian dirt. Russia as a people or as a group are a burden not a blessing.

The dissolution of Vlad I think is a serious issue and I wonder if it's being taken serious enough.

Posts: 9092 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This might be slightly away from the topic, but was as good as anywhere to put it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgijr_6NU-4&t=185s

I found Stoned Bills reply to be pretty concise and it was interesting how he reduced Russel, who is usually full of confidence, Mouth utterance wise, too a stutter pleading his case. in fairly short order.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The US and Nato need to stay the course until Russia implodes as a lesson to China.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
The US and Nato need to stay the course until Russia implodes as a lesson to China.

Something we agree on.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And we should put a HUGE import tariff on all Chinese goods until we achieve parity. Not in my lifetime. Chinese goods should cost more than US goods until that happens.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've litigated against Chinese companies and they were dodgy and I don't trust them. Impossible to serve even under the Hague, then fought jurisdiction even after properly served. Then fought after they were properly served and defaulted. Then try to collect.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
And we should put a HUGE import tariff on all Chinese goods until we achieve parity. Not in my lifetime. Chinese goods should cost more than US goods until that happens.

I agree with this. I actually believe in a higher tariff on US companies’ goods manufactured in China yo bring that manufacturing back to the US.

I know exactly what you speak. My last private case was a fireworks products liability.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, Heym. I didn't think we agreed on anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No one disagrees on everything.

Not even Satan and God.

No we are neither of those two.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Lavaca, I agree with you too on the tariff issue.

Still kind of speechless about that.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Little problem there, Saeed.

It might work in a monarchy or dictatorship, but in a Democratic system, the top guy is usually there because the majority think he should be for some reason.

You would need to line up a lot of people.

In the above quoted report, 75% of the Ukrainians agree with fighting. Just shooting Zelensky doesn’t do much.

Putin? Who knows. He has been repeatedly elected, but how fair the process was? I suspect that more than 1/3 of Russians agree with him, even so.

Most of the world’s REAL problems today are created by so called “democracies!”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Most of the world’s REAL problems today are created by so called “democracies!”

So, what do you recommend - fascism?

Trumpsters would agree with you.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forty years ago, the Putin problem would have been handled summarily.