Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Lincoln Project Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I would like to read what reasonable people herein, if any Wink, think about The Lincoln Project.

First, one must remember that Trump orgs and team are determined to destroy opposition like the Lincoln Project. Trump's opposition research teams are some of the most effective in the world.

The Lincoln Project makes provocative anti-Trump/Trumpism political ads, and I have posted links to some.

There are at least two issues about them, as with all political action orgs.

Is it mostly about making money by stirring political rage?

Then there's the question - Is the message tainted if the messenger is flawed?

Willis, the DA in Fulton County GA is an example. Is the case (evidence) against Trump really flawed if the prosecutor is flawed?

Here's the scandal:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...roject#Post-election

In January 2021, responding to a magazine article accusing him of sexual misconduct spanning a period of years, co-founder John Weaver acknowledged having sent inappropriate sexual messages to multiple men, for which he apologized.[32] According to The New York Times, Weaver offered young men professional support in exchange for sex; that report also accused him of cultivating a non-sexual online relationship with a fourteen-year-old boy and then engaging in "sexual banter" with him after his eighteenth birthday.[33] Following the revelations, the Lincoln Project said "John's statement speaks for itself".[34] It later issued a follow-up statement describing him as "a predator, a liar, and an abuser" and denouncing his "deplorable and predatory behavior".[32]

On February 5, 2021, Jennifer Horn, a founder, resigned from the organization, citing Weaver's misconduct.[35] In addition, Ron Steslow, Mike Madrid, and George Conway, all founders and board members, had also left the organization by February 2021.[36] On February 11, the Lincoln Project announced plans for an external investigation to review Weaver's conduct during his tenure with the group.[37] On February 12, several other advisors also resigned.[38] Steve Schmidt, a founder, also resigned from the board due to his involvement in leaking Horn's private direct messages;[39] however, he remained with the Lincoln Project until November 2021.

The Lincoln Project prepared to sue Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani for defamation after he claimed in a broadcast interview with Steve Bannon that the organization had planned the January 6, storming of the Capitol. Giuliani said he relied on an anonymous source and offered no evidence for his allegations. The Lincoln Project sent him a three-page letter on January 29, 2021, that read in part, "You committed a textbook act of defamation. You publicly accused The Lincoln Project of an infamous and criminal act that it had nothing to do with, as you very well know." They demanded an apology by February 3.[40]

Founders
George Conway (has since left the organization)[36]
Steve Schmidt (has since left the organization)[38]
John Weaver (has since left the organization)
Rick Wilson
Jennifer Horn (has since left the organization)[35]
Ron Steslow (has since left the organization)[36]
Reed Galen
Mike Madrid (has since left the organization)[36]

===============================================
If you have read this far, then also see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ing_and_expenditures

Fundraising and Expenditures

Here's what they say about themselves 1 year ago: https://youtu.be/nJWHmg3r1GQ?si=JXXnQ6GqterdjBLE

60 Minutes, 3+ years ago (13.35 minute video)

https://youtu.be/s95VhNZmigw?si=px6WZgvDztQIe6-e

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The organization is flawed due to the conduct of its leader. In a positive l, instead of trying to mitigate and hide the situation m, reasonable leaders involved w the organization have removed themselves from it.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
instead of trying to mitigate and hide the situation, reasonable leaders involved w the organization have removed themselves from it.

Okay.

What is your opinion on those that remain, new people, and the current org and message?

Here's a sample ad - one month ago:

https://youtu.be/6O61jkz0DDI?si=8zJmCc6e-gbCAsTN

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would say that the Lincoln Project is great scheme to divest minorities of their money. Many will find they could have just bought their 40 acres and a mule with less headaches.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's an interesting comment.

Is it a scheme or a commitment?

No doubt there's money involved. Does that curse it?

I like your analogy of 40 acres and a mule. That's a topic worth exploring.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
That's an interesting comment.

Is it a scheme or a commitment?

No doubt there's money involved. Does that curse it?

I like your analogy of 40 acres and a mule. That's a topic worth exploring.

When it has the optics of this prject i deem it a scheme. as far as 40 acres and mule goes, like Malcolm X said, we will take the 40 acres you can keep the mule. I just feel like this is all dirty. something cooked up by white elites (which i am of) to divest minorities of their money for wolf tickets. ive always said i wont deny having a little larceny in me but ill be honest about it. I think they should do the same.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In look forward to soliciting and reading and responding to your posts in the future.

Your posts are so loaded and concise that I think they stand alone; so much so, that I dare not unpackage them - yet.

You are one of the few herein who have got my attention in a good way.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In look forward to soliciting and reading and responding to your posts in the future.

Your posts are so loaded and concise that I think they stand alone; so much so, that I dare not unpackage them - yet.

You are one of the few herein who have got my attention in a good way.

Oh god, well i only post after a long day on the floor and three cocktails so YMMV.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
i only post after a long day on the floor and three cocktails

Don't we all?

What does YMMV mean?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
i only post after a long day on the floor and three cocktails

Don't we all?

What does YMMV mean?

your mileage may vary

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
your mileage may vary

Big Grin super

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is your answer? If Tucker Carlson or Trump has a good message, and they could, as anyone could. Is the message tainted?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
having a little larceny in me

And a Bing Crosby fan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
having a little larceny in me

And a Bing Crosby fan.

Well done sir.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
instead of trying to mitigate and hide the situation, reasonable leaders involved w the organization have removed themselves from it.

Okay.

What is your opinion on those that remain, new people, and the current org and message?

Here's a sample ad - one month ago:

https://youtu.be/6O61jkz0DDI?si=8zJmCc6e-gbCAsTN

My opinion is the organization has been irreparably harmed, and needs to go away. New people, good leadership can build anew.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
New people, good leadership can build anew

They did that.

https://youtu.be/Tdv6QfSR4UM?si=vfoWcjPKGOHOGJBC

State of the Party

https://youtu.be/Fcf6sGPx5wY?si=TAIhQrodTY_NYSm4

Trump Victory Party Cold Open - SNL

Feb 25, 2024

XXX