Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well Done Sweden! They BEAT The Political FREAKS! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
How sad to see politics take over sport!

Years ago everyone stood against the black athletes who put their arms up on the podium!

Now your soccer team refuses to respect the national anthem!

Rapinho got what she deserves! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
First time I have ever rooted against my own national team and glad they lost.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:

. . . something Freudian going on with you and your attitude towards gays.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dont lump them all together.
There were some youngsters there that played well, and showed respect.
Yes, rapinoe's PK was embarrassing!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rapinoe's legacy is cast in history regardless of anybody's political opinions. Her world cup record will last forever. Get over it.

Posts: 15878 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Dont lump them all together.
There were some youngsters there that played well, and showed respect.
Yes, rapinoe's PK was embarrassing!

What’s a PK? And karma is a bitch….

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Penalty Kick

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
quote:

. . . something Freudian going on with you and your attitude towards gays.

Nothing to do with that.

Sport should be free from politics.

Look at the stupid idiots at Qatar WC!

Those who went there with a political message got their arses handed to them! clap

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You've been rooting against everything American since you showed your sorry ass on this forum.

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
I agree with karma for Rapinoe
For years she couldn’t just play and be humble
It’s a learning lesson for all of us

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter:
quote:

You've been rooting against everything American since you showed your sorry ass on this forum.

Nice try, snotty.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Half of you are anti America.

As claimed by each half.

Which half?

We would like to know! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Similarly, the world would love to know why Shia and Sunni Muslims have been killing each other for over a thousand years.....inquiring minds.

archer

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
Similarly, the world would love to know why Shia and Sunni Muslims have been killing each other for over a thousand years.....inquiring minds.

archer

Remember Ireland?

Catholics and Protestants living in peach and harmony?? clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Certainly, that has stopped, though it did endure for about a hundred years. Y'all are still at and have been for a thousand years.

Do you see the difference?

Roll Eyes

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am Sunny.

And there are 5 individuals here in our workshop right now.

They are staying for dinner.

3 are Shia!

We never stopped making jokes about them.

And they do the same about us.

The women never stop telling us what a horrible lot we all are! jumping

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
The fuckwits in Northern Ireland raised their kids to hate each other, it was politics and not religion. The nationalists hated the loyalists and vice versa, one side just happened to be protestant and the other catholic, and that became part of the squabble.

Even though its mostly been put behind them there are still those who are moronic enough to march each year to celebrate a battle where the loyalists won a battle umpteen years ago.

Nationalism can be a curse.

Posts: 7165 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This article sums up the match, in my opinion.

https://www.deseret.com/2023/8...-the-former-byu-star

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
The US got beat because the team was more concerned with making woke political statements than playing soccer. They played a total of 4 hours without scoring a goal. But on the flip side, they managed to post a lot of selfies online….KARMA IS A BITCH! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
The US got beat because the team was more concerned with making woke political statements than playing soccer. They played a total of 4 hours without scoring a goal. But on the flip side, they managed to post a lot of selfies online….KARMA IS A BITCH! tu2

That is bullshit. They got beat because Sweden was better last night. Come on, doc.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
I agree with karma for Rapinoe
For years she couldn’t just play and be humble
It’s a learning lesson for all of us
A missed PK does not qualify as karma. Others missed theirs also, it was just a missed kick in a damned soccer game. And she is a very successful superstar either way.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
No, it's a choke shank. It happens. Now the real tournament begins.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

That is bullshit. They got beat because Sweden was better last night. Come on, doc.

No, bullshit is they didn’t score a goal in 4 hours of play. Not enough team, too much individualism. But hey, they posted a lot of selfies…. tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since it was decided by penalty kicks, I guess Sweden didn't score a goal in those same 4 hours. So what? Were they too busy playing as individuals and taking selfies?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Even though some of our athletes behaved shamefully, I can't bring myself to root against the USA.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Actually, Sweden was very lucky.

They only won because of Rapinoe and her other stupid lot.

They went there with a political message, not to play soccer.

To hell with anyone who goes this way!

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Who is your prediction for the winner, Sheik?

Administrator
posted Hide Post
No idea.

I never followed the women’s competition.

The men’s I did pick the winner from day!

Even after Saudi Arabia beat them in group stage.

I was enjoying the spectacle of the political idiots being knocked out!

Had an argument with a German supporter of his country’s team, after they displayed a big sign saying HUMAN RIGHTS!

He shut up when I asked him where were our cousins, the Jews right during the Nazi times!

He shut up.

The rest of the lot here were crying of laughter!

one of us
posted Hide Post
bluefish being anti-American. Nothing new here. Didn't he back the guy (twice) that tried to overthrow the American government?

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Actually I and a ton of other Americans found their behavior these last few years beyond the pale given they represent the country they play for and wear the colors of. That is what was and is in American so stuff it Kenny. I’m glad they lost. Serves them right.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, how dare they stand at attention for the National Anthem.

That said, I hate all soccer.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Yeah, how dare they stand at attention for the National Anthem.

That said, I hate all soccer.

No, how dare they disrespect OUR country which THEY represent on the world stage.

Equal pay for equal work huh? What a laugh:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/spor...c62b1188d6cbfa&ei=17

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah how dare anyone who is an American engage in debate for something they believe in.

Yeah, how dare someone make money and advocate to make as much money as possible. Not is not American at all.

Tell me why pay should not be split between the two national teams?

The USNWT generated more money than the men’s team.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/...venue-than-mens.html

Splitting it is not “fair” to the women.

Good pivot from complaining that all they did was stand at attention for the Anthem our host’s previous post. Looks like the UAE’s team did not advance to what we would call the Sweet 16 in KY.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Yeah how dare anyone who is an American engage in debate for something they believe in.

Yeah, how dare someone make money and advocate to make as much money as possible. Not is not American at all.

Tell me why pay should not be split between the two national teams?

The USNWT generated more money than the men’s team.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/...venue-than-mens.html

Splitting it is not “fair” to the women.

Good pivot from complaining that all they did was stand at attention for the Anthem our host’s previous post. Looks like the UAE’s team did not advance to what we would call the Sweet 16 in KY.

You can believe anything you wish.

But when you are representing your country, the country is the focus.

Not your stupid personal opinion!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, how dare someone obtain a bigger cut of the revenue they generate, and stand at attention for their anthem.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
You tell us you're a smart guy, which to my mind is akin to the liar telling us he's going to tell us the truth, but you fail to understand how the WC splits the economic pie. You also completely fail to understand the women's game versus the men's game. Here's a hint to make the point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmmDmjmXyoc
And BTW U15 means 13 and 14 y/os.

And now old men:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dvWamKDuVA

Le't let Serena help you out:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5L_JbZFx5H0

And why should our nation's representatives in that sport and in that tourney use it as their own personal political soapbox? Are they there to play the game or stump for their political agenda?

Right, I forgot you HATE soccer so what's your beef? Overpaid, self-aggrandizing women soccer players are playing a game the public likes less than the men's version and you think they should be paid equally? There is no economic argument to be made for it because the economies of scale do not equal those of the men's game. It's not hard for a smart guy is it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Unless, and you did not, show the Women’s team generates more money, you have nothing.

They have a right to advocate for more of the money they generate. That is the American Way.

You would do well in the Middle East. No gays, women not allowed to earn money, women not allowed to engage in political debate, and women not allowed to collective bargain for the funds they generate more than men. Women not allowed to bring lawsuits to address perceived wrongs. No women having abortions.

You might want to look up the disparity in equipment, travel, coaching, and venue the Women’s team has dealt w compared to the Men’s team.

How dare they sue for the money they generate in larger portion than the men.

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
My goodness you have your wife’s panties in a twist tonight! Why does the women’s World Cup generate so much less than the men’s World Cup? Why? Despite your admitted hatred for soccer the reason is because it is not the crème de la crème of the sport and hence has a much smaller viewership, much smaller revenue. I’m sure you understand this right? Consequently they make less. Women’s professional soccer around the world is not as good an entertainment product as men’s professional soccer hence smaller earnings. By your argument should LPGA players make as much as PGA players? Of course not; and I recognize those are not salaries but competitive purses. How about the NBA and the WNBA? The league is about 77 percent black players with an average salary and f 7.7 million dollars annually. Again inferior product hence lower pay. Practically any women’s pro sport earns less. I for one am glad Shifrin has helped to change that in professional ski racing as I think the women’s product is as good and in some ways better than the men’s product.

In the world of market and contract someone should be paid their value as determined by the market rather than feminist notions of quote unquote gender equality.
As to political speech there is a time and a place. Done while representing one’s country and its population is not appropriate since it takes away from the real reason they are there.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
If it wasn’t for NBA teams subsidizing their WNBA counterpart the WNBA wouldn’t exist. They essentially never make a profit and exist as a feel good charity project.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/ba...ed%20among%20players.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought there were labor laws?

I don’t see suing to get a larger part as being reasonable.

Their option should be live up to their contract, or not work for that employer. I suppose they could go on strike… but after their last effort, I don’t think they would have much success.

I’ve always thought equality under the law was what drove things- so how is suing to get a higher percentage of total revenues going to work?

I thought that USWT soccer was a nonprofit? If so, taking more from that has to come from somewhere else… most likely from the lower levels of the sport. You can’t force audiences to show up, and raising ticket prices isn’t going to work to generate what they think they should get.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote