THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    "What Have You Got To Lose?" Hydroxychloroquine Likely Killed 13,000 Americans

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"What Have You Got To Lose?" Hydroxychloroquine Likely Killed 13,000 Americans Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Note that the study only examined 5 months from March to July of 2020, the overall number is certainly higher.

Link

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
No big loss. They had shit for brains.

Posts: 7487 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Natural selection.

Posts: 6121 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are just the ones with stupid doctors who treated them in hospitals, all the free-lance dumbasses wouldn't have registered in this study.

Posts: 9574 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm still baffled that so many self-dose with ivermectin. I don't believe there has been a single study that shows any clinical benefit, yet they troop on down to Tractor Supply like automatons and bring the stuff home. At least they are likely parasite free.

Confused

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16399 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:

And the people who have 'vaccine' damage or deaths from strokes, heart failure, etc?

And the people who bought the line that they would never get covid if they took every vaxx that came out but got it anyway?

Who was it here that was saying oh, well, some always die from vaxx's/have serious complications anyway... "Just take it for the team."

Really?

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:

And the people who have 'vaccine' damage or deaths from strokes, heart failure, etc?

And the people who bought the line that they would never get covid if they took every vaxx that came out but got it anyway?

Who was it here that was saying oh, well, some always die from vaxx's/have serious complications anyway... "Just take it for the team."

Really?

The sheeple don't want to hear that!

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't appear to say that HCQ caused the deaths only that the deaths were HCQ related per one of the linked references. If that was the case you'd also probably die from taking it for its intended use. I expect those who died depended on it to save them, but ALAS it did not.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1200 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dimly remember OPUS1 mentioning a supply of the stuff stashed in Africa.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
I dimly remember OPUS1 mentioning a supply of the stuff stashed in Africa.

Everyone I know in Africa used ivermectin, not feed store ivermectin......

And they all did quite well during the apocalypse.....

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can't believe shit you read in any report. It's all propaganda. Both sides. I don't know what to believe anymore. I have contacted a number of funeral homes and there appears to be a horrendous increase in blood clots in cadavers embalmed. What's causing that?

I did grad student work for professors, and I can tell you you can make data say anything you want!

Posts: 3682 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
It doesn't appear to say that HCQ caused the deaths only that the deaths were HCQ related per one of the linked references. If that was the case you'd also probably die from taking it for its intended use. I expect those who died depended on it to save them, but ALAS it did not.

Exactly.

Thousands of people take HCQ every day for the rest of their lives for lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. The VA in the USA is said to dispense 60,000 doses a month for this use.

Not to mention all the people in 3rd world countries who take it for malaria.

It is a quite safe drug. All drugs have side-effects. About 1,600 people die each year from acetaminophen (Tylenol) induced liver failure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36622 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...5c1c870a4129b0&ei=24

Covid ‘miracle drug' that Donald Trump urged people to take killed 17,000
Story by Isabelle Durso • 11h

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19745 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Just FYI: Biomedicine & Pharmacology is not a peer-reviewed high-level publication. It is a journal which publishes reports, letters, retrospective reviews, and low order of magnitude original research which cannot meet the standards of peer-review scrutiny of the more rigorously reviewed journals. Its editor just chooses work which did not make publication elsewhere that he/she feels worthy to be noted in the literature.

This publication is NOT proof of anything and actually is not even very suggestive. It highlights a possibility.

When one weighs this ‘suggestion’ (which was a bastardized mathematical play with statistical analysis) with the sheer magnitude of volume in which HCQ is prescribed in clinical medicine for non-life threatening diseases like rheumatoid arthritis and lupus right here in the USA not to mention the 100s of thousands of doses if not millions used worldwide for ‘prevention’ and treatment of malaria…one must take this article with a grain of salt.

Not saying that HCQ was useful for Covid…just saying it IS a relatively safe drug with huge amounts of data on it pre emergence of SARS CoV-2.

Further, Trump didn’t just pull it out of the air. There were several reports like this one (low-level of magnitude reports) published by Doctors in the Italian wave touting the ‘possibility’ of its usefulness. A couple were rather glowing. This is an example of “just because something is published ‘somewhere’ doesn’t necessarily mean it is truly valid and still should be viewed with a healthy dose of skepticism.”

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36622 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump didn’t just pull it out of the air.

He pulled it out of his arsh, like practically everything he says.

Including this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...8J0Fd&smid=url-share

Trump Muses About Light as Remedy, but Also Disinfectant, Which Is Dangerous
At a briefing, the president promoted unproven treatments and asked Dr. Deborah Birx if she had heard of the success of sunlight as a tool against viruses.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-...n-cure-covid-1619105

Despite Trump's dubious, conjectural and inarticulate comments, he did not directly suggest that people inject themselves with disinfectant.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23...us-briefing-april-23

Washington
CNN

On Thursday, President Donald Trump added to his list of dubious or inaccurate coronavirus-related medical claims, dangerously suggesting at a White House briefing that ingesting disinfectant could possibly be used to treat people who have the virus.

Trump also suggested sunlight might be a treatment alternative and issued a false denial when asked why he has stopped promoting the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment, incorrectly saying, “I haven’t at all.” He referred to how “we started with a broken test” without explaining that the faulty initial test was created during his presidency, this year.

“There’s been a rumor that – you know, a very nice rumor – that you go outside in the sun or you have heat and it does have an effect on other viruses,” Trump said, before asking coronavirus task force coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx “to speak to the medical doctors to see if there’s any way that you can apply light and heat to cure, you know, if you could.”

Trump then asked Birx if she “ever heard of the heat and the light” having an impact on viruses. She responded, “Not as a treatment,” before Trump asked her again to look into it.

Later, Trump again directed Birx to look into the potential for sunlight to be a cure.

“I would like you to speak to the medical doctors to see if there’s any way that you can apply light and heat to cure, you know, if you could. And maybe you can, maybe you can’t.”

After Bryan talked about experiments in which, he said, disinfectants like bleach and isopropyl alcohol quickly killed the virus, Trump mused about whether disinfectants could be used to treat the virus in humans – asking whether there is “a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.”

Facts First: As Birx told Trump directly, and as medical experts said after the briefing, sunlight isn’t a potential treatment for coronavirus. Neither are disinfectants that are used to clean non-human surfaces; Food and Drug Administration chief Dr. Stephen Hahn told CNN’s Anderson Cooper later Thursday, “I certainly wouldn’t recommend the internal ingestion of a disinfectant.”

This bizarre exchange is the latest example of Trump grasping for a quick fix for the pandemic, after he previously suggested it might “go away” in warm weather and that anti-malaria pills could be a “game-changer.”

The Reckitt Benckiser Group, which produces Lysol, flatly said on its website that “under no circumstance” should disinfectant be administered into the human body. Washington state’s emergency management agency warned against eating Tide pods or injecting disinfectant, tweeting, “don’t make a bad situation worse.”

Immediately after the briefing, two doctors told CNN’s Erin Burnett that Trump’s comments did not make medical sense and warned against taking his suggestions seriously.

“Very little of what the President said as it pertains to disinfection or phototherapy makes any sense,” said Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a cardiologist at The George Washington University Hospital who advised the White House during President George W. Bush’s tenure. “Look, everyone wants a quick fix. And the President clearly wants a quick fix; we all do. But there are no quick fixes. We have to do this the right way; we have to do this with science.”

Dr. Megan Ranney, an emergency physician who works at Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University, also batted down the President’s suggestion and warned that trying it could cause sunburn, skin cancer or other dangerous consequences.

“Going out in the sun or exposing yourself to these high-intensity UV lamps is not going to protect you from Covid-19,” she said on CNN. “I don’t want people to think that this is another miracle cure.”

Trump’s statement echoes myths and rumors that got so rampant on the internet and in social media that the World Health Organization posted a myth busters pages to debunk them.

“Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25C degrees DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus disease,” WHO says on its website. “You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19,” it adds.

False denial on hydroxychloroquine
At Thursday’s briefing, Trump issued a false denial when asked why he has stopped his promotion of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that he embraces as a potential cure for coronavirus.

“I haven’t at all,” the President said, before asking the reporter, “Why do you say I have?”

Facts First: Trump has significantly tamped down his rhetoric about the drug in the past week, compared with his comments in March, according to a CNN analysis.

In March and early April, the President name-dropped hydroxychloroquine almost daily, and he mentioned it dozens of times at White House briefings, according to the CNN tally. He incorrectly implied it was safe to treat Covid-19, encouraged Americans to “try it” and said it might be the biggest breakthrough in modern medicine.

“What do you have to lose?” he asked during a briefing in April.

But he hasn’t mentioned the drug by name – or touted its effectiveness – in more than a week.

Trump stopped promoting hydroxychloroquine around the time that a series of studies came back with negative results. New research from Brazil, France and veterans’ hospitals in the US indicate that the drug might not help patients with the coronavirus, and might even have deadly side effects.

For the second day in a row, the President also said he didn’t see the study of US veterans’ hospitals, even though he was asked about it both days and it has been covered heavily in the mainstream media.

About the research into the drug, Trump said, “We had a lot of very good results and we had some results that perhaps aren’t so good.” It’s true that there were some studies earlier this year with promising results for Covid-19. But public health experts said that much of that research was anecdotal, and the publisher of a study that Trump repeatedly cited now says there were serious flaws with the trial.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19745 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Carry on ME…just please don’t ever claim your beliefs are unbiased and rooted in science. You are one the most biased and blind to science people who post here.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Carry on ME…just please don’t ever claim your beliefs are unbiased and rooted in science. You are one the most biased and blind to science people who post here.

That's an odd claim since my opinions regarding science, process and findings and conclusions, are very biased favorably towards science.

But my comments here in this thread aren't about the science. They are about what Trump actually said. The science of it and his spin are two things.

For example, during those meetings when he was briefed and informed by scientists instead of saying things like "what have you got to lose", he could have said something like I'm sure you scientists will take it all into account. I trust that you will keep me informed.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How do they decide what the cause of death is?
My brothers F-I-L, died of what the doctors called liver failure due to over use of Tylenol.
He was a heavy drinker, so how do they decide what caused the liver failure, Tylenol or alcohol?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
How do they decide what the cause of death is?
My brothers F-I-L, died of what the doctors called liver failure due to over use of Tylenol.
He was a heavy drinker, so how do they decide what caused the liver failure, Tylenol or alcohol?

They didn't, they compared the death rate of those treated with hydroxychloroquine with those who weren't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
In your link, I didnt see where they told the stage the patients were in. Someone on their death bed, throwing everything at them, is not going to make chloroquine the killer.
There was a paper published by several doctors that also claimed it saved patients they used it on. Did it? Would they have pulled through without it? Neither you or I could say. They gave their reasons why they thought it did, but who knows.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In your link, I didnt see where they told the stage the patients were in. Someone on their death bed, throwing everything at them, is not going to make chloroquine the killer.
There was a paper published by several doctors that also claimed it saved patients they used it on. Did it? Would they have pulled through without it? Neither you or I could say. They gave their reasons why they thought it did, but who knows.

quote:
2.3.2. Number of excess deaths attributable to HCQ
We calculated the number of deaths in hospitalised patients (Nhospitalised patients) by multiplying the number of hospitalised patients receiving HCQ by the mortality rate of each country. The number of deaths (Ndeaths) related to HCQ exposure was obtained by multiplying (i) the previously estimated number of in-hospital deaths per country and (ii) the OR of HCQ-related mortality. The main source of uncertainty included in the model was the range of HCQ exposure, which was estimated using the median and extreme values (minimum, maximum) reported in the included cohort studies:
Ndeath = Nhospitalised patients × mortality rate × HCQ exposuremedian, min, max × ORHCQ-mortality

We performed statistical analysis with R (meta-package, R Language and Environment for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And in the Arshad and Colleagues paper, they claimed it helped get zinc inside the cells to help destroy the virus. They saw a difference when administered in the right time frame.
I dont believe your data any more than I believe Arshads. To many variables in each.
If my doctor tells me to take it or not, he knows me best, I'll follow his instructions.
Most papers seem to think there was low risk, but low reward, so dont bother.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

That's an odd claim since my opinions regarding science, process and findings and conclusions, are very biased favorably towards science.

I don’t know how you ever came to that conclusion…you have little understanding of it.

But my comments here in this thread aren't about the science. They are about what Trump actually said. The science of it and his spin are two things.

For example, during those meetings when he was briefed and informed by scientists instead of saying things like "what have you got to lose", he could have said something like I'm sure you scientists will take it all into account. I trust that you will keep me informed.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Hell, everybody knows UV light and chlorox enemas are the key treatments. Trump said so…. rotflmo animal cuckoo

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, Lane, since you ARE a scientist, of sorts, When Trump spewed the nonsense about bleach, UV light, and ineffective drugs, I don't recall you taking exception.

Why?

In fact, you are not taking exception to it now, and instead posting rationalizations and deflections from the issue of a former POTUS bastardizing science.

Could it be that your understanding of science is conflated with your worldview, beliefs and politics?

After all, Trump has a reason, being a toxic narcissist maniac. What's your excuse?

Which is worse - identifying with science which I don't fully understand, as you claim, or identifying with something conflicted with science, it's nature/relationship of facts and evidence, vs belief independent thereof, IOW opposed to science, yet claiming to have an educated grasp on it?

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do remember trump and a doctor talking about disinfectant and ultraviolet light. Trump said, to bad we cant use them on the inside, we cant can we?
The doctor said no.
I'm not sure if that was what the media based Trump saying drink bleach and lightbulbs on or not. But in that news shot, he did not tell people to do it, just asked a stupid question.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I do remember trump and a doctor talking about disinfectant and ultraviolet light. Trump said, to bad we cant use them on the inside, we cant can we?
The doctor said no.
I'm not sure if that was what the media based Trump saying drink bleach and lightbulbs on or not. But in that news shot, he did not tell people to do it, just asked a stupid question.

TB40:
Another voice of reason who is NOT a Trump supporter but yet a reasonable man of common sense.

That WAS the only statement made by Trump and yes the idiots blew that out proportion.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:
Trump didn’t just pull it out of the air.

He pulled it out of his arsh, like practically everything he says.

Including this:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...8J0Fd&smid=url-share

Trump Muses About Light as Remedy, but Also Disinfectant, Which Is Dangerous
At a briefing, the president promoted unproven treatments and asked Dr. Deborah Birx if she had heard of the success of sunlight as a tool against viruses.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-...n-cure-covid-1619105

Despite Trump's dubious, conjectural and inarticulate comments, he did not directly suggest that people inject themselves with disinfectant.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23...us-briefing-april-23

Washington
CNN

On Thursday, President Donald Trump added to his list of dubious or inaccurate coronavirus-related medical claims, dangerously suggesting at a White House briefing that ingesting disinfectant could possibly be used to treat people who have the virus.

Trump also suggested sunlight might be a treatment alternative and issued a false denial when asked why he has stopped promoting the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine as a potential treatment, incorrectly saying, “I haven’t at all.” He referred to how “we started with a broken test” without explaining that the faulty initial test was created during his presidency, this year.

“There’s been a rumor that – you know, a very nice rumor – that you go outside in the sun or you have heat and it does have an effect on other viruses,” Trump said, before asking coronavirus task force coordinator Dr. Deborah Birx “to speak to the medical doctors to see if there’s any way that you can apply light and heat to cure, you know, if you could.”

Trump then asked Birx if she “ever heard of the heat and the light” having an impact on viruses. She responded, “Not as a treatment,” before Trump asked her again to look into it.

Later, Trump again directed Birx to look into the potential for sunlight to be a cure.

“I would like you to speak to the medical doctors to see if there’s any way that you can apply light and heat to cure, you know, if you could. And maybe you can, maybe you can’t.”

After Bryan talked about experiments in which, he said, disinfectants like bleach and isopropyl alcohol quickly killed the virus, Trump mused about whether disinfectants could be used to treat the virus in humans – asking whether there is “a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning.”

Facts First: As Birx told Trump directly, and as medical experts said after the briefing, sunlight isn’t a potential treatment for coronavirus. Neither are disinfectants that are used to clean non-human surfaces; Food and Drug Administration chief Dr. Stephen Hahn told CNN’s Anderson Cooper later Thursday, “I certainly wouldn’t recommend the internal ingestion of a disinfectant.”

This bizarre exchange is the latest example of Trump grasping for a quick fix for the pandemic, after he previously suggested it might “go away” in warm weather and that anti-malaria pills could be a “game-changer.”

The Reckitt Benckiser Group, which produces Lysol, flatly said on its website that “under no circumstance” should disinfectant be administered into the human body. Washington state’s emergency management agency warned against eating Tide pods or injecting disinfectant, tweeting, “don’t make a bad situation worse.”

Immediately after the briefing, two doctors told CNN’s Erin Burnett that Trump’s comments did not make medical sense and warned against taking his suggestions seriously.

“Very little of what the President said as it pertains to disinfection or phototherapy makes any sense,” said Dr. Jonathan Reiner, a cardiologist at The George Washington University Hospital who advised the White House during President George W. Bush’s tenure. “Look, everyone wants a quick fix. And the President clearly wants a quick fix; we all do. But there are no quick fixes. We have to do this the right way; we have to do this with science.”

Dr. Megan Ranney, an emergency physician who works at Rhode Island Hospital/Brown University, also batted down the President’s suggestion and warned that trying it could cause sunburn, skin cancer or other dangerous consequences.

“Going out in the sun or exposing yourself to these high-intensity UV lamps is not going to protect you from Covid-19,” she said on CNN. “I don’t want people to think that this is another miracle cure.”

Trump’s statement echoes myths and rumors that got so rampant on the internet and in social media that the World Health Organization posted a myth busters pages to debunk them.

“Exposing yourself to the sun or to temperatures higher than 25C degrees DOES NOT prevent the coronavirus disease,” WHO says on its website. “You can catch COVID-19, no matter how sunny or hot the weather is. Countries with hot weather have reported cases of COVID-19,” it adds.

False denial on hydroxychloroquine
At Thursday’s briefing, Trump issued a false denial when asked why he has stopped his promotion of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug that he embraces as a potential cure for coronavirus.

“I haven’t at all,” the President said, before asking the reporter, “Why do you say I have?”

Facts First: Trump has significantly tamped down his rhetoric about the drug in the past week, compared with his comments in March, according to a CNN analysis.

In March and early April, the President name-dropped hydroxychloroquine almost daily, and he mentioned it dozens of times at White House briefings, according to the CNN tally. He incorrectly implied it was safe to treat Covid-19, encouraged Americans to “try it” and said it might be the biggest breakthrough in modern medicine.

“What do you have to lose?” he asked during a briefing in April.

But he hasn’t mentioned the drug by name – or touted its effectiveness – in more than a week.

Trump stopped promoting hydroxychloroquine around the time that a series of studies came back with negative results. New research from Brazil, France and veterans’ hospitals in the US indicate that the drug might not help patients with the coronavirus, and might even have deadly side effects.

For the second day in a row, the President also said he didn’t see the study of US veterans’ hospitals, even though he was asked about it both days and it has been covered heavily in the mainstream media.

About the research into the drug, Trump said, “We had a lot of very good results and we had some results that perhaps aren’t so good.” It’s true that there were some studies earlier this year with promising results for Covid-19. But public health experts said that much of that research was anecdotal, and the publisher of a study that Trump repeatedly cited now says there were serious flaws with the trial.

...and then he said something to the effect that the doctors were amazed at his expert gasp of the medicine ... rotflmo

Part of me hopes eh will get back in to the WH. Every time he opens his pie hole its hysterical jumping

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A simple fact check tells the truth.
But, he does say some dumb things..... often.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One cannot logically dispute Nute’s quotes.

Posts: 10902 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
One cannot logically dispute Nute’s quotes.

In addition to "logically", I would add the words honestly and rationally and within reality.

Here are some facts:

A guy who I graduated with from high school died last weekend from the complications of long covid. The disease messed up his lungs so he could not breath well - couldn't get enough oxygen. He was a life-long athlete. His death was gradual and painful. He was an anti-vaxxer - God is in charge believer.

My younger brother is right now in a care facility. He got to where he fell too much and I couldn't get him up. I had to call 911. Supposedly he's in rehab but he's gone downhill a lot. He sleeps 20 hrs a day and incoherent when awake and has quit eating. The facility he's in has rampant covid. All the staff wear masks and so do I when visiting. He's running 100.5 temp last hour I checked. Don't yet know why.

Maybe covid will be a merciful end to his misery too.

XXX