THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Trump Compromised Nuclear Submarine Info at Mar A Lago

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump Compromised Nuclear Submarine Info at Mar A Lago Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
quote:
Months after leaving the White House, former President Donald Trump allegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of his Mar-a-Lago Club -- an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others, including more than a dozen foreign officials, several of his own employees, and a handful of journalists, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Trump is a crook AND a security threat.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

The niggling question in the back of my mind is: Did they really keep giving him accurate information?

He obviously can't grasp and process the fine details of something like detection levels on nuclear subs, so did they not just give him numbers to keep him happy without risking the disclosure of anything useful to an adversary, and even potentially use his dumb ass as a conduit for disinformation? Counter-intelligence had to realize early in his term that he would run to pass on anything "juicy" to Mar-A-Lago guests and Vlad, so why not massage the data? The technical details wouldn't make any difference in policy matters anyway, and might explain why he wasn't charged with the more serious "disseminating" charge; he was only giving up what he thought was classified.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
It’s mind boggling how it just keeps getting worse.

Yet, there are those who say that they would still vote for this buffoon over any democrat.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
It’s mind boggling how it just keeps getting worse.

Yet, there are those who say that they would still vote for this buffoon over any democrat.

Not just any Democrat...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...BQW?ocid=socialshare

Lawrence: Australian billionaire bought ‘exactly what he wanted’ from Trump

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell details the “incriminating” breaking news that Donald Trump reportedly revealed nuclear submarine secrets to an Australian billionaire member of Mar-a-Lago who “purchased his access” to Trump while he was president as Trump moves to dismiss or delay the criminal cases against him.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19765 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Trump probably never considered the national security implications of his loose lips. When you combine a rather soft brain with the narcissistic compulsive need to impress, one ends up with this kind of fool.

With anybody who has a brain larger than a Miller Moth’s, it’s soooo clear that he has absolutely zero respect for his fellow Americans, yet the small money donor continues to send him a portion of their ss check.

The existential threat to America is not Trump, it is not China, it is not Russia, but the abject stupidity of the Americans who are now actively engaged, primarily via social media, in politics.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
Dear Saeed, please give Trump his own forum. A place where the Heroes of Democracy can post endless internet articles that purport to finally get their man and save the country from certain destruction. Keep up the good work, keep digging men. One of these times it will work. And maybe they’ll replace that torn down statue of Lincoln with one of our distinguished members.

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's another threat: Fox News is the US's version of Putin's RT, a rampant propaganda and disinformation machine serving the GOP and Trump, and will serve the next fascist wannabe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)#

"RT has regularly been described as a major propaganda outlet for the Russian government and its foreign policy. Academics, fact-checkers, and news reporters (including some current and former RT reporters) have identified RT as a purveyor of disinformation and conspiracy theories."

(examples)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...dE7?ocid=socialshare

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...hr1?ocid=socialshare

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19765 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where are the Trumpsuckers saying that since he used to be President he can just declassify technical details of nuclear submarines in his mind if he wants to share them with an Australian billionaire who belongs to his club?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Given the left/media’s history, I’m not fully convinced it happened… with Trump it’s certainly possible, but no proof.

If he did do what is purported here, it’s yet another national security law the idiot broke in need of his personal narcissistic traits.

How any right thinking conservative can support him, I don’t know.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
So far, the allegations are about as secret as a Tom Clancy novel. Perhaps there’s more, but the revelation is more hype than horror.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by JudgeG:
Perhaps there’s more, but the revelation is more hype than horror.[/QUOTE

Unlike all the stuff that the Clintons sold to the chinese.....but....well....they are democrats.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:

The existential threat to America is not Trump, it is not China, it is not Russia, but the abject stupidity of the Americans who are now actively engaged, primarily via social media, in politics.

Dude! That is Biblical true.

The one that always perplexed me the most was Twitter. It seems to obvious to me that being able to spout a comment all the way around the globe without even thinking for a moment about what you are saying could be really bad.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The one that always perplexed me the most was Twitter. It seems to obvious to me that being able to spout a comment all the way around the globe without even thinking for a moment about what you are saying could be really bad.

It's the same with any social media Trump can use, Truth Social, for example.

It's not just "spout comments", it's lies and spin, and people believe it.

It's not just any person, it's Trump, who has significant influence.

And to presume he isn't thinking is probably not the case. What he does is with intent - all the way.

You suggest prudence or restraint, by reason, ethics, morals, respect, etc. Obviously, that's not Trump or Trumpism.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, Trump addressed the reports on his Truth Social cesspool:

quote:
The ridiculous story put out today about me talking to a Mar-a-Lago member about U.S. Submarines, is false and ridiculous, other than the fact that I will often state that we make the best Submarines and Military Equipment anywhere in the World

Now, everybody here has watched Trump to some degree over the last 6 years or so. We've all seen him wax euphoric about the quality of Trump Steaks, which were just repackaged supermarket meat, and his claims about his golf courses being the best in the world, each surpassed only by the others he owns.

Can anybody conceive of him touting the superiority of American submarines to an Australian billionaire without tossing in a couple of examples of what he had been told about them?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can anybody conceive of him touting the superiority of American submarines to an Australian billionaire without tossing in a couple of examples of what he had been told about them?

Especially when the billionaire Aussie paid a lot of money directly to Trump for access.

That money went directly into Trump's coffers, so he could afford the mansion in Florida.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another thing I find striking about these reports is WHAT he allegedly told the Aussie: the number of nuclear warheads the subs carry on their missiles and how close they can approach to other submarines without being detected.

Trump's understanding of submarines may well have been deficient enough not to know that this information MUST be about two different classes of submarines.

The nuclear-missile armed boats NEVER approach another submarine, their specialty is being able to detect and avoid other submarines without being detected themselves. In most cases their biggest risk of detection is that they are quieter than the ocean around them.

Our attack subs, on the other hand, can and regularly do sneak up on Russia's best submarines so close that they are at risk of running into the Putin boats, without being detected.

Apparently, even after playing President for four years, Trump didn't know this.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Given the left/media’s history, I’m not fully convinced it happened… with Trump it’s certainly possible, but no proof.

If he did do what is purported here, it’s yet another national security law the idiot broke in need of his personal narcissistic traits.

How any right thinking conservative can support him, I don’t know.

Buh Buh But his policies; you keep forgetting his policies.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I side with Doctor Butler again. I'll wait for more confirmation before I believe it. It certainly does sound like something Trump would do, but that doesn't mean he did it.

As a Trump hater, I have to remind myself not to immediately believe every new outrageous Trump doing or rumor thereof.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The trial(s) will tell us.

The trial, and through reporting on his actions those of us as Citizens can decide whether we believe the allegations to what level of certainty we want to apply. This, hold him accountable at the ballot box.

The jury will have to decide if it is beyond a reasonable doubt there are sufficient facts and reasonable inferences from those facts he is criminally guilty. Thus overturning the presumption of innocence.

I do not need a trial to hold President Trump morally and politically responsible for Jan 6., and post election misdeeds to keep power. I heard and saw what he did leading up to Jan 6. I saw the violence. I saw his lack of sufficient response that his Office required.

I did not say he was criminally responsible. That is the purview of the Court.

Posts: 10930 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

It's the same with any social media Trump can use, Truth Social, for example.

It's not just "spout comments", it's lies and spin, and people believe it.

It's not just any person, it's Trump, who has significant influence.

And to presume he isn't thinking is probably not the case. What he does is with intent - all the way.

You suggest prudence or restraint, by reason, ethics, morals, respect, etc. Obviously, that's not Trump or Trumpism.

I genuinely miss news magazines. Reporters and writers could take the time and effort to research and explore a topic and then publish a report with real information. That it may contain bias could be irrelevant, a reader can see opinion and bias and just gloss over. Written word can be reread for clarity, clipped out and taped to the fridge for history.

I still have a thumb tack thru a news clipping pinned to a shelf on my reloading bench from 2011 regarding the dismantling of the last 9 mega ton bomb at the Pantex plant near Amarillo.

Mind blown everytime I read it.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
And we have not entered AI age just yet
That will be something

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
And we have not entered AI age just yet
That will be something

Artificial Intelligence will never be the threat that a lack of intelligence is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Admiral Rickover's Navy probably fed Donald Trump misinformation anyway.
He was a short-term problem for an organization that focuses on the long term.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
quote:

Admiral Rickover's Navy probably fed Donald Trump misinformation anyway.
He was a short-term problem for an organization that focuses on the long term.

You'd think the counter-intelligence possibilities would have been irresistible.

Obviously, you cannot give a President, even a disloyal fuckstick like Trump, erroneous information that would impact on policy decisions, but exact specifications of subs wouldn't do that, and the probability that he would pass them along either directly to Putin or just blab them at Mar-A-Lago would be very high.

It would almost be irresponsible not to take advantage of such an opportunity, plus if you were able to feed several nuggets down that particular pipeline then "inadvertently" expose that it was mostly crap anybody who got info from him, planted or not, almost has to discount everything he's given them.

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
While sharing a portion of the ICW, I pass closely by Boomers a lot. Some attack boats, too. I’m also a fan of Sherry Songtag. Don’t know any Australian billionaires, though. Maybe that’s why the MSM doesn’t report on me.

Come on guys. This whole story is based on speculation as to what some Australian guy may have said about what Trump may have said, then spiraling uncontrollably into Trumps lack of knowledge, plots to buy information, Russian interference, etc.

BTW, https://www.google.com/search?...=1128&bih=1361&dpr=2

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...2dccfa038b52ac&ei=75

Donald Trump's Israel Intel Leak Under Scrutiny After Hamas Attack

Donald Trump's sharing of alleged classified intelligence to Russian officials in the White House has come under scrutiny amid a large-scale attack by the Hamas Islamist military group against Israel.

Remember when Putin smiled so much, well Trump gave him a lot to smile about. Those smiles were real.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17...d-wondering-whats-up

Trump's Helsinki Bow To Putin Leaves World Wondering: Why?
July 17, 20185:00 AM ET

https://youtu.be/mBtsNNXjBPw?si=PGr9iUVjY79GfoXC

They also held a two-hour closed-door meeting, which the public will never know what was said there.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Now this:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...2dccfa038b52ac&ei=75

Donald Trump's Israel Intel Leak Under Scrutiny After Hamas Attack

Donald Trump's sharing of alleged classified intelligence to Russian officials in the White House has come under scrutiny amid a large-scale attack by the Hamas Islamist military group against Israel.

Remember when Putin smiled so much, well Trump gave him a lot to smile about. Those smiles were real.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/17...d-wondering-whats-up

Trump's Helsinki Bow To Putin Leaves World Wondering: Why?
July 17, 20185:00 AM ET

https://youtu.be/mBtsNNXjBPw?si=PGr9iUVjY79GfoXC

They also held a two-hour closed-door meeting, which the public will never know what was said there.

I really think this is over-reach. What Trump is known to have exposed was a classified Israeli operation to infiltrate an effort to construct explosive devices that could evade detection by airport security. Bad enough in its own right, but not even tangentially related to the functioning of the Iron Dome system or Netanyahu redeploying assets away from Gaza to apply more pressure in the West Bank.

Of course, we don't have a clear understanding of everything Trump compromised by removing it from secure storage and sticking on the stage at Mar-A-Lago; that may well have included Iron Dome data.