New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another invasive species in Florida Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...bee72020115c1&ei=233

Kodiak bear cubs were found in Florida, thousands of miles away from their native home: 'Climbing on my car'
Story by Brandon Girod and Thao Nguyen, USA TODAY NETWORK • 17h

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nope,,, the heat would have killed them.
they would have no chance of making it anywhere other than in the Kodiak.

Posts: 4975 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed, on a highway in central Florida, there are signs which portray grizzlies, so this is nothing new. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought this was going to be about trump.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
grizzlies

https://www.clickorlando.com/n...scape-in-florida/#//

Self-proclaimed ‘bear trainer’ faces wildlife violations after Kodiak cubs escape in Florida
Okaloosa County deputy stumbles upon unexpected scene

This kind of stuff goes on in Florida a lot with various species, but these escaped cubs are certainly not usual.

However, if bears of any sort would take over Florida, it would be an improvment.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19678 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hay----Magic Enema

Do you realize that this is a shooting and reloading site?

Have you made a post in any other thread in the last 10 yrs?

Go Away!

Posts: 1826 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 04 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you new to this political forum? Looks like you made an entry that IDs your character well.

I don't participate in the other forums anymore. I learned that there's a better class of lurker over here.

quote:
Long Island, New York

That explains a lot.

Florida has a lot of other invasive species - snow birds from NY.

Tucker Carlson and Hannity live in Florida.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Not trying to be too picky but yes, being picky.

These bears would only qualify as invasive if they were an established breeding population. Some side-show carnival escapees would not fit that bill.

That said, poor things. They would suffer come summertime there.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yea, Ann. You are correct. The wording of my heading was a spoof.

I suspect the cubs will be directed to a new home.

Someone probably shot the mother to catch them, then got lots of money to sell then send them to FL. They probably had to fly in a private plane, somehow avoiding inspection.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
Yea, Ann. You are correct. The wording of my heading was a spoof.

I still like you and I will let that slide. Wink

Have you run into any of those big South American Tegu lizards up your way? I'd love a brace of those things to run to town with when I go.

~Ann

Posts: 19157 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like you too, really. Smiler

quote:
South American Tegu lizards

No, I haven't seen any, but I'm on the lookout for them. I think they are more towards the GA east coast, next to Florida. Also, I think they can't stand the cold spells we get here. Same for the pythons. Monkeys are a different story.

But, would you settle for a brace of 10 foot gators? Wink I apologize in advance for not checking whether male or female. You may understand the associated hazards.

I'm sure you could train them.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A different kind of Bare than usual in Florida.

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These were Grizzly Bears, genius.

When will this current nightmare end.

Posts: 1255 | Location: Florida | Registered: 13 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
When will this current nightmare end.

When you wake up?

But the daymare bear/bare is worse. Wink You do know that a rare and invasive orange bare lives in FL sometimes? He multiplies by proxy. Now he's everyware.

XXX