New
Find
Notify
Tools

That Famous "Texas Justice" You Hear About Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
quote:
CORPUS CHRISTI, Tx — William C. Robinson, a pastor working for Chi Alpha Campus Ministries in Corpus Christi, received 10 years probation after sexually abusing an underage family member.

According to his indictment, Robinson sexually abused an underage family member between July 11, 2015 and June 27, 2022. The arrest affidavit states the sexual contact with the child began when she was nine.

Link

"Justice" would involve staking him out on an anthill...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the girl would have got pregnant, Texas would have forced her to deliver the child.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
If the girl would have got pregnant, Texas would have forced her to deliver the child.

If he doesn't get caught again while on probation his record will be expunged.

Posts: 9557 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

My office has a wood chipper policy for these types. Meaning we do not make offers. The jury can tell you what you get. Ky the jury does guilt and sentencing. Technically, a judge can set aside a sentence handed by a jury and enter his own. I have Never seen that happen.

Someone needs to get the law changed of that can be expunged automatically.

Posts: 10836 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

My office has a wood chipper policy for these types. Meaning we do not make offers. The jury can tell you what you get. Ky the jury does guilt and sentencing. Technically, a judge can set aside a sentence handed by a jury and enter his own. I have Never seen that happen.

Someone needs to get the law changed of that can be expunged automatically.

I'd be fine with an actual wood chipper.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Child molesters are the lowest of the low even in prison and they get a fair amount of attention from other inmates. I was appointed to represent one early in my career. I had no choice. But, prison is a relatively safe place. Turn them loose and let justice take its course.

Posts: 10005 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This guy is not going to prison.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
This guy is not going to prison.

Actually reading the linked article about the child rapist being turned loose just down the road from Houston before opining would be quite unlike Lavaca...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
More "Texas Justice"...

quote:
A former associate pastor of a Baytown church must register as a sex offender and serve eight years on probation after pleading guilty to online solicitation of a minor for sex.

Lawrence “Clay” Hopkins, 57, was employed at Rollingbrook Fellowship Baytown when he was one of nine men arrested in June of 2022 as the result of a weeks-long online chat sting operation run out of the Montgomery County Precinct 3 Constable’s Office.

Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
More "Texas Justice"...

quote:
A former associate pastor of a Baytown church must register as a sex offender and serve eight years on probation after pleading guilty to online solicitation of a minor for sex.

Lawrence “Clay” Hopkins, 57, was employed at Rollingbrook Fellowship Baytown when he was one of nine men arrested in June of 2022 as the result of a weeks-long online chat sting operation run out of the Montgomery County Precinct 3 Constable’s Office.

Link

Funny part is, if he had cheated on his taxes he would have gotten worse.