Find
Notify
Tools

What? Trump Lied to Evade Taxes?? Can't Be!! Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
quote:
Always read the footnotes.

That’s where former federal judge Barbara Jones, the court-appointed special monitor in Donald Trump’s New York business fraud case, just planted a financial bombshell that legal experts say suggests Trump lied knowingly and repeatedly on his federal financial disclosures about a major loan that never existed—and may have evaded taxes on $48 million in income.

The detail came in a letter Jones filed on Friday to update New York Judge Arthur F. Engoron, first reported by The Messenger, on her efforts to get a full and clear accounting of the Trump Organization’s assets. The letter claims, yet again, that Trump and his company have filed statements containing inconsistencies and errors, but have been “cooperative” in the review process.

But Jones tucked a major revelation into footnote 6, writing that a massive chunk of debt Trump has claimed to owe one of his own companies for years apparently does not exist, and never did.

“When I inquired about this loan, I was informed that there are no loan agreements that memorialize the loan, but that it was a loan that was believed to be between Donald J. Trump, individually, and Chicago Unit Acquisition for $48 million,” Jones wrote, referencing the name of Trump’s LLC that held his debt.

“However, in recent discussions with the Trump Organization, it indicated that it has determined that this loan never existed—and thus that it would be removed from any upcoming forms submitted to the Office of Government Ethics (OGE) and would also be removed from subsequent versions of [corporate financial statements],” Jones wrote.

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
That fuckwit lies each time he opens his mouth! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67004 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
Yes but his loyal lemming followers keep with him regardless of what he says or does.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2796 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think this video explains it well. I think it's unfortunate they couldn't come up with better sponsors, but the narrative is accurate.

(note: for a reason I can't ID, I can't get the video to start at the beginning, but that's okay since the link starts at the summary.)

https://youtu.be/AXYOMK_xiGc?si=qy9q3Lqrx1KL-Gav

Judge Engoron in the up to $500 million dollar civil fraud case against Trump will issue his ruling this week, and now has a new Grade F report card from the court appointed monitor over Trump finances to use to rule against Trump. Michael Popok of Legal AF breaks down the new findings in the court ordered report about Trump’s NEW CONDUCT that will be used by Judge Engoron to establish that Trump knew he was committing fraud in his personal financial statements.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree w President Trump on one thing.

He said in a debate, “Change the tax code.” After he said he was smart for not paying taxes.

I agree. Specifically, I would change it so that a value of stock over x amount was taxed like income.

I can understand putting your “own” money into a company and getting a tax break. I cannot understand putting loaned money into a company and getting a tax break. I guess the idea is to incentivize risk taking, from one point of view, or entrepreneurship, from another point of view.

Is the specific alleged fraud here that President Trumps claimed to use 48 million, but never got 48 million. Yet, he has the 48 million never paying taxes on it bc it is debt?

Or, that this company he owed the alleged 48 mil to was shown as unprofitable because of the false debt. Thus, paying no tax?

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read that the $48 Million was some debt forgiveness that he wrangled, which straight up is income per tax code. But if it's a debt flip rather than forgiveness, it's deferred. So he made up a fake business with a fake debt, specifically for the effect on tax, and perhaps for other reasons. He just let it float indefinitely.

It's part of the reasons his CFO went to jail for fraud. https://www.politico.com/news/...d-tax-fraud-00077285

I'm sure that the fraud is not limited to financial and banking and transactional, but included state and fed taxes as well.

I'm sure that Biden has made the appropriate phone calls, on a secure burn phone of course. Roll Eyes Wink

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote