Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elon Musk Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Has he just shown the dangers of allowing such an increasingly important piece of infrastructure to be controlled by a single individual?

Im not of the mind as some are, to call for nationalisation, but I do think there should be some oversight when his individual actions can change the course of an international war.

Update- I see Musk is saying he didnt actually deactivate his satellite network over crimea, but rather refused to activate it over sevastopol.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Has he just shown the dangers of allowing such an increasingly important piece of infrastructure to be controlled by a single individual?

Im not of the mind as some are, to call for nationalisation, but I do think there should be some oversight when his individual actions can change the course of an international war.

Update- I see Musk is saying he didnt actually deactivate his satellite network over crimea, but rather refused to activate it over sevastopol.

That is very funny.

I agree with you about what he has done about his satellite communications.

BUT, BUT, BUT, are we not forgetting that governments, especially the US has been doing the same thing for donkey's years?

The Chinks are doing it to their own citizens, and all the major big tech firms, Google, Fuckbook etc are complying! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
His personal security requirements for travel outside the U.S. just got a lot more complicated, a couple of bulky guys in tight tee shirts won't do him a lot of good...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, I think he's lying.

The leaked reports were that he had the affected areas shut down after the attack was underway, leaving Ukrainian drones blind to eventually wash up on shore.

Musk is now claiming that he just denied a request to expand coverage up the coast but I'm very skeptical that Ukraine would have deployed submersible drones on the mere hope of getting satellite coverage they didn't have.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, he doesn’t control GPS satellites!

I thought we were talking about satellite communications.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Well, he doesn’t control GPS satellites!

I thought we were talking about satellite communications.

He controls the Earthlink StarLink satellite network that Ukraine depends on, much of which (for Ukraine) is paid for by Uncle Sam.

Musk may well have opened the door to a world of trouble for himself.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
EarthLink

Starlink

Earthlink is not affiliated with musk

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
EarthLink

Starlink

Earthlink is not affiliated with musk

Good catch, thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Modern=day version of Howard Hughes...?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
Also, I think he's lying.

The leaked reports were that he had the affected areas shut down after the attack was underway, leaving Ukrainian drones blind to eventually wash up on shore.

Musk is now claiming that he just denied a request to expand coverage up the coast but I'm very skeptical that Ukraine would have deployed submersible drones on the mere hope of getting satellite coverage they didn't have.

Yes I think you are correct also. If so the fact hes saying something different says that hes worried, as usually hes pretty blunt and forward with his opinions.

Posts: 4254 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:

That is very funny.

I agree with you about what he has done about his satellite communications.

BUT, BUT, BUT, are we not forgetting that governments, especially the US has been doing the same thing for donkey's years?

The Chinks are doing it to their own citizens, and all the major big tech firms, Google, Fuckbook etc are complying! rotflmo

And of course you include your own nation with that, dont you Saeed?

https://freedomhouse.org/count...tes/freedom-net/2022

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm just saying if he travels outside the U.S. it's probably not a good idea to stand too close when you're wearing your good shoes...

one of us
posted Hide Post
If he was Russian and pulled that on Putin, his plane would mysteriously crash.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Musk is technically “Merchant of death” to Russians and could be snagged one day by them and tried for causing Russian citizens deaths…so maybe he had revelations

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet nobody giving Ukraine F-16s thought to include a disclaimer "Not for shooting down Elon Musk's jet."