Let them sit & rot Login/Join 
One of Us
posted

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
True.

And have been known for many years.

The Saudis paid the ransom. because America asked them to.

Delivered by an Israeli diplomat.

All so Reagan can get the benefit! clap

Bloody hell, anyone doubts that Nigeria can't even approach American political corruption! jumping

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67016 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Reagan really did that--left American citizens hanging under deadly circumstances, and dealt with an enemy--then I hope he's rotting in hell, where he deserves to be.

Posts: 6139 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
If Reagan really did that--left American citizens hanging under deadly circumstances, and dealt with an enemy--then I hope he's rotting in hell, where he deserves to be.

You seriously think any politician cares about the people??

Keep on dreaming!

All they care about is themselves!

He also murdered so many civilians in kidnapping Noriega.

Of course, that was kept secret too.

Posts: 67016 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

How many civilians have died in Yemen in your little war there? Oh wait, no telling because you do not have anything resembling a free press.

Carry on with the hypocrisy......

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

How many civilians have died in Yemen in your little war there? Oh wait, no telling because you do not have anything resembling a free press.

I KNOW when I hit a raw nerve.

Actually, you are a perfect example of why so called “democracy” has failed in the West!

You are not willing to accept your own shortcomings!

An ostrich comes to mind! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I KNOW when I hit a raw nerve.

Actually, you are a perfect example of why so called “democracy” has failed in the West!

You are not willing to accept your own shortcomings!

An ostrich comes to mind! clap

Actually I have admitted the shortcomings of both America and Democracy many times.

I have yet to hear you condemn the actions of the UAE or the failings of your monarchy.

Know what I mean Cuz?

clap

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where is Dr. Easter with how great the 80s were with Regan?

Yes, I am going to assume this is true because I have seen this play first hand in state politics with much less at stake.

I will hope it is not true.

Posts: 10937 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Yes, I am going to assume this is true because I have seen this play first hand in state politics with much less at stake.

You don’t need look very far.

Who do you trust of your current rulers??

If you have time, I suggest you read about the Romans and their Senate.

Nothing new here.

Anyone in a “senate” only looks for himself! clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
That Reagan “hang on to the hostages” thing might have been suppressed in the U.S., but it was common knowledge everywhere else right after the election.

In pre-internet days the differences between American news outlets and non-American outlets was quite remarkable. We had U.S. family visiting shortly after the Panama invasion that was fed to Americans as being to arrest “Manuel Noriega, the drug lord”. Together, here, we watched a documentary led by two American senators (or perhaps Congressmen, I don’t recall) revealed the atrocities and war crimes incurred by the U.S. in that action; that documentary never saw the light of day in the U.S.. At least with the internet, news is harder to suppress and foreign outlets are available if people can set their ‘patriotic fervour’ aside long enough to investigate objectively.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

I wasn’t really a Reagan fan. I did vote for him in the General. He picked poor SCOTUS Justices and later supported the Brady Bill. You’ll have to get Scott to defend him. He did have excellent fiscal policy though. The 80s and 90s were great times in the US however.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

I wasn’t really a Reagan fan. I did vote for him in the General. He picked poor SCOTUS Justices and later supported the Brady Bill. You’ll have to get Scott to defend him. He did have excellent fiscal policy though. The 80s and 90s were great times in the US however.

No prob! Big Grin

Head to head against the USSR, winner.
Head to head against Islamic Terrorism/ Libya, winner.

America hasn't been stronger, more united or more at peace since Reagan. Bush 1 had The Gulf War, Clinton has Somalia and Yugoslavia, "W" etc had Iraq/ Afghanistan. I like the guy a ton, but the worst mistake we ever made was electing "W".

Reagan was a Diplomat, a Commander, an Executive, a Father.

Posts: 9124 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:

No prob! Big Grin

America hasn't been stronger, more united or more at peace since Reagan. Bush 1 had The Gulf War, Clinton has Somalia and Yugoslavia, "W" etc had Iraq/ Afghanistan. I like the guy a ton, but the worst mistake we ever made was electing "W".

You left out the part about closing the mental institutions and turning the nutters out onto our streets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Prime creator of the deficit, an egomaniac who couldn't hold a news conference unless the Marine Corp honor band was playing for his Hollywood entrance, and sold America to the rich with his massive tax cuts for them. And there was Beirut as well. This list could get as long as you like.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
quote:

No prob! Big Grin

You left out the part about closing the mental institutions and turning the nutters out onto our streets.

Among quite a few others, a very big mistake of Reagan's.

Posts: 9124 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If true, it’s certainly a negative item and a blot on Regan’s record.

Of course, they have been claiming this happened since 1979, and there still is no ironclad proof either way.

I sure don’t see what Iran got by dealing with Regan as opposed to Carter, and Bani Sadr’s claims seem to be silly on their outset as Regan was talking much tougher than Carter all along.

I guess I’m in the boat that could see it either way. If Regan did this, shame on him. If it was subordinates doing their own thing, and Regan being lax, well that seemed to be a recurrent problem. If it’s an attempt by the left to smear Regan, that’s been recurrent as well.

Politics are dirty. Been so since the dawn of government.

Posts: 10648 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course, they have been claiming this happened since 1979, and there still is no ironclad proof either way.

An insider like Barnes is as ironclad as it can get.