THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Competitive Shooting    Small-bore silhouette - first shoot of the season
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Small-bore silhouette - first shoot of the season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I shot in my first small bore match of the new season today. I came in second out of 14 shooters. What a good time. My score was only 25 out of 40 targets downed which is 1 target short of my best last year. I am looking forward to getting better. The winner was an ex-Master Sargent marine who had been in charge of a rifle company and shot in competition while he was active duty. He beat me by 1 target. Glad to see someone else win!

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
25 out of 40 is pretty good. What class were you shooting? Sporter? What range were your misses? Were your comeups good or were you not sure? Very fun and challenging sport, and relatively inexpensive!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peter,

I shoot sporter rifle in AA class. I missed almost every first shot in each string. I had the most misses on the pigs - so it is me getting settled down. I am very sure of my sights and point of aim as I use one inch bulls when practicing and then put the targets over the group to set my point of aim so the impact gives me the best number of hits. I started last year, half way through the season as a B class shooter. It has been challenging and a lot of fun.

Speer, Sierra, Lyman, Hornady, Hodgdon have reliable reloading data. You won't find it on so and so's web page.

Posts: 639 | Location: SE WA.  | Registered: 05 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post