THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Competitive Shooting    Excited and scared at the same time!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excited and scared at the same time!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My 10 year old daughter is going to shoot at the Olympic Training Center for the first time tonight. We've had her on the waiting list for the National Training Center Youth Shooting Program for over a year. She got the call about two weeks ago that there was a slot for her, and she did her orientation on Monday.

I wish I had an opportunity like this when I was a kid, and I'm glad that I'm able to give her this one. She'll be learning 10m air rifle and pistol from some very high caliber coaches. I'm just a little scared how much this is going to cost me down the road if she sticks with it and starts need better equipment than the club can provide! Wink

Posts: 2242 | Registered: 09 March 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like I might have to move this to a pistol forum! She got to shoot pistols first tonight. She shot a 186 tonight in the final, highest score out everyone shooting tonight. Of course she did have an advantage, she shot what is called Progressive Position Pistol where she was sitting down and got to use a rest.

I'm still proud of her scores though!

Next week on Monday she'll shoot air rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on bringing another new shooter to the folds! Hope she sticks with it.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Looks like fun. The electronic scoring is cool.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats...!

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wife said I needed a Xanax tonight, because I was so excited. My daughter shot air rifle for the first time tonight. She tied for first in the supported rifle final with a score of 90! It was a 10 shot final because they had the computer scoring screw up and so they had to restart the final. I forgot to get a picture of her final group, but this was her last six shots before she stated the final.

This old man is going to be paying her to teach him to shoot before too long!. She has a tough decision ahead of her, both rifle and pistol coaches were lined up with the sales pitch trying to convince her on what discipline to pursue. I told my daughter it was totally up to her, and she decided to shoot one more night of each to figure it out.

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is some damn fine shooting! Looking forward to watching her put the smack on some deer in a couple weeks!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well Dad;
You provide the opportunity, the encouragement and your time. What more can a young lady ask for.
She's a very lucky young lady.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post