THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Congrats to Vincent Hancock, Gold in Skeet!!!!!

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New axe
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A couple photos of my new axe for chopping through the competition this year. Same action and barrel as last year but new stock. Palma rifle with .308 barrel, 32" long.

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 827 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
some ax....

I love the JD theme.

very pretty.

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does the smooth pistol grip bother you?
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a bit Peter. With the thumb behind the grip you're sort of "pinching" it between the thumb and trigger finger. You don't grip it like a hunting rifle. I have seen some grips textured and I even checkered one that the Veterans Palma team gave away a couple of years ago, but generally they're all smooth.

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Posts: 827 | Location: Randleman, NC | Registered: 07 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
clowdis, very interesting comment. I have an Anschutz 64MS which does have a checkered pistol grip, but it is used for standing MS shooting.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Who made the stock? Nice looking rifle.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Posts: 775 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 05 September 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stock made at Clowdis Precision, Randleman, NC

one of us
posted Hide Post
What bullet are you useing and what the vel out of the 32 inch barrel.

Posts: 19365 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use the 155 grain Sierra Palma bullet with Varget powder, Lapua brass and Wolf primers. I haven't chronographed this barrel but it should be just over 3,000 fps.