Tools

Re: .22 cases.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Copper Country

When all's said and done there still good bullet's
It just take's time to get it right.
It can be a big pain in the hind end weighing out the empty's .Clipping the lead seating the little core's
and point forming them .But that's the fun in it
doing it your self .
And i don't see anything wrong with the bullet's you made there..
Thay look good enough to shoot.
If my memory still serve's me right there someone that make's a little cap for the home made 22's so you can fill the jacket with bird shot I guess the idea is to hunt small bird's with the 22 . thay almost look like the 22 shot shells..

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
Hi there all
the bloke your refering to was Sid Churches . I can't remember for sure the name of the company but it may have been called tiapan projectiles as in that very friendly snake we have in queensland . He had a shop in Adeliade back in the 70s but he passed away sometime ago.
The equipement was sold once or twice and now resides in Queensland. There still making bullets, I tried there 30 cal projectiles ,not impressed, exessive copper fouling.
If you need really good match grade 30 cal bullets Bob Dyer makes them up here in Darwin.

kind regards Pete

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank's for the head's up on the bullet's darwinmauser

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote