THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BULLETMAKING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Bullet Making    C-H Bullet Swaging Gear for sale 44 and 45 caliber

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C-H Bullet Swaging Gear for sale 44 and 45 caliber
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello,
Don't have enough time to make my own bullets anymore and have the following items for sale. The dies work on regular reloading presses, I used them on a RCBS rockchucker with no problems at all.

45 Caliber, .451 C-H pistol bullet swaging die with Semi-wadcutter and 2 round nose punches and instructions. Single die kit with approximately 950 CH brand Heavy copper half jackets $45 shipped to you.

44 caliber, .429 C-C bullet swaging die set with roundnose and flatnosed punches, two die set with approximately 420 Speer brand heavy copper half jackets. $45 shipped to you.

C-H Cannelure tool, used to roll cannlures or crimping grooves into bullets or brass cases. $40 shipped to you.

All items are used but not abused.

contact me at graycg@aol.com

regards,
Graycg

Posts: 692 | Location: Fairfax County Virginia | Registered: 07 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try Ebay you will get alot more for them on ebay then you payed for them ...Or atleast as much...

If you really dont want to keep them and you can't find anyone to buy them off you send me letter i will buy them off you ...But give the other guy's first crack at them
I have truck load's of swage die's and some one here may not or may want to try swaging for the first time and the price your asking is well within reason....

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dibs on the .44.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Leftoverdj

Do have any jacket's for Them or are you plaining on using Zinc or Copper washer's or gas check's..

I think Davison has a bunch of 0.0150 jacket's in stock

So does Darth Dave Corbin But i think Richard C is out and butch is back logged with jacket order's for rifle jacket's

===========================================================

Or do you just normaly use the Gas check or washer's

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info, Martin. I'm just getting my feet wet and I'll start off with GCs and the jackets in the deal.

May sound odd, but I am more interested in learning a little about swaging than in producing any great quanity of bullets. Might get hooked and might not, but I at least wanna try it for a while. $45 sounds like cheap tuition to me.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jacket's For Pistol Bullet's are the most Inexpencive
To buy running about 50.00 - 70.00 Pre 1000
Gas check's made for the swage bullet's run about 22.00
to 30 Per 1000...

If you were thinking about maybe getting into it a bit deaper some day .....?

Richard Corbin has a very few Plain Swage press's left at 200.00 per press

The press's are ment to use Wallnut hill's die's or S die's
in them...S die;s being Corbin die's and the wallnut hill's being richard Corbin's die's ...

Richard Corbin & Dave( Darth ) Corbin ...Dont work together
And have diffrent shop's.............

Dave was swayed by the Dark Side Hence Darth Dave Corbin...

CH tooling sell's ? i think still ?? Zinc Washer and thay are ..At least i think so the best way to go for
plinking and even Hunting thay strip the lead just as well
out as Copper does ( Copper gas check's) ....
Dave Davison over at CH will help you just give him a buss
on the phone So will Richard Corbin.....

You might want to think about getting that Cannelure tool also
Cannelure ( seating ring) Tool ...Or you can hold up a bit and wait for Richard or myself to start are run's of Cannelure tools Richard will be doing his run's next year
the same time as me i do like richard's Cannelure though
The CH Cannelure tool is a well thought out tool as well

Anyway be safe my friend