New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beware Login/Join 
one of us
posted
http://www.marlinowners.com/fo...e-i-got-scammed.html

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
fixed it

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting! I have seen several posts of the "what is the value of this..." variety

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
That sucks. Too bad that there has to be a worm in every barrel.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to excuse the scammer for one second, but the buyer had the opportunity to get out for shipping costs which he said would be $90. Maybe, but even so, it was the best way out and he should have taken it IMO.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to put my $.02 in about this situation.

I know both John Meyers and roland45.

John Meyers is the gun shop owner. I have been a customer of Johns for many years. He can be a bit of a grouch but I have always found him to be a honest person to deal with. The shop is very small but very well stocked, when everyone else seems to be sold out of primmers, powder, ect. he usually has what I want in stock. John probably couldnt start a PC let alone take digital pics and post anything on auction sites.

Years back I worked with Roland (roland45), but have not seen or talked with him in around 5 years. I have never seen him "working" at Meyers gun shop. I believe that John and Roland have an agreement that Roland will sell some of John's inventory online. It is obviouse that Roland tried to draw attention to the auctions by posting the BS stories about the guns in question. I totally agree that what Roland did was deceptive. Ultimately John is responsable for Rolands actions because Roland was "working" for John.

What doesnt make sense to me is that the buyer of the Marlin gave positive feedback on his purchase when he recieved the gun. He had a agreed amount of time to inspect the gun and return it. Then later on claims that he did not open the box for 60+ days. Then he and others start saying that the wood on the gun was swapped with wood from another gun, the gun was used, the packaging is not correct, ect.

My personal take on the whole situation is the buyer was not scammed. He seen the pic's of the gun on the auction site before he bid and won it. He had the chance to inspect the gun and the option to return it after he recieved it. The only thing that I see the buyer has to complain about is that he was tricked into looking at the auction by Rolands BS forum posts at Marlin Owners. The buyer had/has many options to fix the problem, but would rather complain online than use the options available to correct the situation.

Good luck, Tony

Posts: 51 | Location: North East Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I must confess that I was wondering why the gun was not returned if there was an inspection and return policy.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Moved from the Classifieds to Miscellaneous.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote