New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elgin Gates Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Anyone here remember how he died. all I remember is that it was unexpected.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
http://forums.nitroexpress.com...er=15743&an=0&page=0

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the luck to meet him at the 1982 IHMSA championships.We spent about 3hrs riding in my truck setting targets. Was a fun hard working guy, very easy to talk with. AT the banquet got some of the big wig to sign my reloading book the IHMSA had out at the time. Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
He died from a heart attack.
I shot trap with his son Elgin F. "Butch" who recently died the same way at the same age. I also still know his son, Robert, who gave me a few of Elgin's books.
I met his wife, Dolly, several times before she passed away.

Along with being a trophy hunter, Elgin was a speed boat racer, champion trap shooter and got Metallic Silhouette shooting started.

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info!

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote