THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Not sure where I should post this - member's mail hacked

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not sure where I should post this - member's mail hacked Login/Join 
one of us
posted
I just received a scam e-mail (one of those I've been robbed in Malaysia mails) from forum member Delton Prater's ID. I don't know where to inform Delton (whom I bought an action from some time ago and whom I have the highest respect for for the way he does business) about this. If there is some way that I might each him through the forums - again, I don't recall his login ID - I would appreciate whatever help I could get.

Please caution him - if any member has his contact information, please pass this message on to him from me. Thanks.

Mehul Kamdar

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."-- Patrick Henry

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I got it also. I fired off an email to Del but no response yet. Thing is it could be his acct that was hacked or any other that has him and then his info. I will call him later to make sure he knows. In the meantime I ran a full deep system scan on mine and it is clean. I recommend everyone do the same with whatever antivirus you are running.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I got one supposedly from another member a few weeks back.

It is obviously a scam. Anyone who can send you an e-mail could just as easily call home.

DO NOT SEND MONEY IN RESPONSE TO THIS TYPE OF PLEA!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
This is a scam for sure. I had one from a local attorney friend of mine a few months back. Identical!