THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Someone who speaks sign language tell me what this means

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Someone who speaks sign language tell me what this means Login/Join 
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted
Can someone who is a little younger who understands Computer Instant Graemlins give me a definition, of what is the exact meaning of this Graemlin?

Most of them are self explanatory, but this one isn't! I assume it is a thinly vailed insult of some sort, judging by the places where I have seen it used!

.......................... bewildered

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Mac,
Isn't that the old Kool-Aid cartoon caricature?

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Drinking the Koolaid?

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was told that it means that the internet poster has been very gullible in believing something that has been posted and "drank the Kool Aid". This is a reference to the 70's(?) mass suicide of 900+ American religious cult members that drank poisoned Kool Aid on the request of their leader.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think Harvey hit the nail on the head.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Though it is meant in a humorous way these days it is a crude expression based upon the tragic death of the children in drinking the kool-aid.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19320 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kool-Aid man..Usually bust through your way when you need drink better then soda...Catch phrase is OH Yeeah..

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by harvey stern:
I was told that it means that the internet poster has been very gullible in believing something that has been posted and "drank the Kool Aid". This is a reference to the 70's(?) mass suicide of 900+ American religious cult members that drank poisoned Kool Aid on the request of their leader.

Nailed it!!!

Jim Jones....Jonestown comes to mind.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote