THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    OT-Help with Wedding Vows- to include something about hunting/guns ;) Wedding Aug 22!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OT-Help with Wedding Vows- to include something about hunting/guns ;) Wedding Aug 22! Login/Join 
One Of Us
posted
Hi AR members and friends,

While off-topic, I think it appropriate to ask of you some advice....As some of you know, I'm getting married to a lovely woman on August 22nd.

We have chosen to write part of our own vows and to have them incorporated into the ceremony. I have all of the love and romance covered. I would still like some ideas on incorporating one or two hunting/outdoors statements for fun that may also include some romance and love - I may not use one of yours, but I will definitely share them with my wife to be.

I'd like to include something funny but true to my values about hunting/outdoors- like

"I promise to limit myself to two animal heads in the living room unless I'm fortunate enough to have the opportunity at a Sheep Grand Slam or complete the Big Five...I further promise to build a trophy room for our taxidermy collection so that our family may remain connected with nature at all times..." Smiler

"I promise to provide food for our family, even if it means travelling around the world on grand hunting adventures..." Smiler

"I promise to have no more than four firearms in the bedroom, unless I'm cleaning them on the bed..." Smiler

"I promise to think about you often even when I'm out in nature meditating with my gun and/or fly-rod..." Wink

"I promise to spend every Christmas and New Years with you, unless I draw a coveted big game tag or ice hasn't formed on the lake yet..."

I'm looking for cute, funny but real ideas --If you were to get married or renew your vows, what might you say?

P.S. I'm also open to a quote from someone/gunwriter who has said/written something romantic that also mentions something about hunting/fishing or outdoors...

THANK YOU!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I promise to love, honor, and obey as long as you don't ask for anything during hunting season........

Fishing and hunting mean more to me than anything except you, and I mean that sincerely TODAY.......

Just remember, that what I tell you is 12 inches isn't the same as a 12 inch fish......

I'll think on them for a while......I'm full of it.....more to come.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote