The Accurate Reloading Forums
Remington poll on Celebrity-- Anyone else get the email?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3611043/m/9431029051

25 February 2011, 05:32
DuggaBoye
Remington poll on Celebrity-- Anyone else get the email?
Seems Remington wants help choosing spokespeople.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/Ho...U6BKG6E5pD7nrhyrc%3d

RemingtonNews@email.remington.com

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI
25 February 2011, 05:41
DuggaBoye
Well I guess once you take the survey the link no longer works---

Sorry .

Anyway they wanted ratings on Michael Waddell, Hal Blood, Hailey Heath, Brett Favre, Kevin Harvick, etc as spoksesperson

and whether it would help or harm my recommending or using Remington products--etc.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI
25 February 2011, 10:13
wasbeeman
Maybe they figure that if M. Jordan can sell underwear then perhaps Favre can sell rifles??? Roll Eyes

Aim for the exit hole
26 February 2011, 01:51
RVL III
I told 'em that celebs. didn't mean much to me, but quality products did. I suggested that they save their money and keep prices the same or even lower them.

BTW, the only names I recognizied were Michael Waddell and Brett Farve. Neither of whom endorsement would cause me to go buy anything.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802
26 February 2011, 04:37
DuggaBoye
I pretty much told them the same.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI
26 February 2011, 21:51
TWL
My coments were in the same context. Celebrity endorsements will not, generally, alter the judgement of people who hunt and shoot. We look at such things differently. We will come to know for ourselves, whether things work or not.

114-R10David
27 February 2011, 03:45
Unalakleet Yooper
I pretty much told them the same. Save the money from endorsements and put it into a better product and they won't need celebrity endorsements.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
27 February 2011, 08:26
Colorado Bob
Yes, I took it. I'm in the same boat as you all. Brett means nothing to me. Waddell means less. Haley---get real. Anyone can
hunt high fence.

Make a good product like the 700, price it right & forget the celebs. CB