Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Involved in a nasty bike crash Login/Join 
one of us
posted
As part of by training I ride a local 50 mile road race each year. This was my 9th time doing it. At about mile 35 a couple of guys behind me lost and took me down with them. I guess I don't remember any of the crash. My riding partner told me later it sound like a foam filled plastic bottle being crushed when my helmet hit the pavement. Destroyed the helmet it was well worth the 80 dollars I paid for it. Most likely hundreds of dollars of damage to the bike. I figure my head hit the road right around 25mph

There here 5 or 6 other riders involved in this they were all able to contiune to ride after picking them selfs up. getting hit form behind I never saw it coming so couldn't prepare for it at all.

I couple of people watching the race said they heard a hard crunch when I hit the pavement they were well over a hundred feet away.

A trip to the ER cat scans ect comfirmed no broken bones or bleeding in head. I can barely move today painful sitting here and typing but I bored stiff. Road rash every where I'll miss some work from this for sure.

I just hope I have not done any permented damage to my neck very sore stiff and barley move it side to side. Can barely move my left leg ect ect.

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of daniel77
posted Hide Post
Hope you recover soon and fully. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Posts: 3628 | Location: cajun country | Registered: 04 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hurts don't it !
But did anyone get it on video? Or was it a wasted crash. All my really good smash ups were before the days of the video phone.
Also before the days of MRI or Cat scans ... could explain a lot.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When one guy in the power train goes, eeeeeverybody goes. Frowner

Hope you heal up real quick. hunting season ain't far away.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No video that i know of would have been nice to know who or what caused it. feeling much better but still don't plan to go to work until thursday. still can't walk properly and hard time turning the neck to the left.

on the heal

Posts: 19392 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote