THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM MISCELLANEOUS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Miscellaneous Topics    Alexa, Siri, Cortana, Google Now, Watson

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alexa, Siri, Cortana, Google Now, Watson Login/Join 
one of us
posted
Are any of these AI systems worth a crap? (I guess I am mainly comparing Alexa, Siri, Cortana, and Google Now.)

I received an Echo Dot (Alexa) for my birthday. I've asked it about 50 questions, and it has given me maybe one or two answers. The rest of the time it tells me it doesn't know, or understand, the question. I can get answers quicker by using my smart phone. As a "Personal Assistant", I would run its ass off if it worked for me.

To me it is just a toy.

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Research the security concerns with these devices before use...

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
As a "Personal Assistant", I would run its ass off if it worked for me.

I always thought a "personal assistant" was my right hand. Of course, that was before marriage. Wink

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would take Opus' advice. If you want everyone knowing what you do, these and Kinect from Microsoft are the ticket. Before Kinect came out, I was at Microsoft where they were showing the capability built into it that allowed them to "look" into every household that used it by activating the built-in software. It is the same software that recognizes you for the games and exercises.

They touted it as the greatest "video conference" system on the planet.

The others can actually hear everything you do. Quite similar. No need for the NSA, just call Google. Smiler

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You guys are scaring me now. I've turned it around so it's looking the other way.

(I have a feeling we don't want to know the details of Gato's bachelor life. I suspect he pulled into the fast-lane when he wanted to slow down.)

Posts: 13780 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm the slowest one in my family and they call me "Rabbit".

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote