Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prof242 got drilled in Iraq... Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hard way to earn an extra year of AD pay. From the word "drilled" it sounds like a 7.62x54 hit from the side that got by the plates.

I'll check with you next week.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Prof, I saw you posted on another thread. Get well, there.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
damn sorry to hear the news prof. Heal quickly.

Prayers sent, and all good wishes.

a bro in the box

Dan Donarski
Hunter's Horn Adventures
Sault Ste. Marie, MI 49783
906-632-1947
www.huntershornadventures.com

Posts: 668 | Location: Michigan's U.P. | Registered: 20 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
You guys are absolutely the best. Thank you all for your well-wishes and notes.
I got hit by a large chunk of concrete from a T-wall, for those of you who have been there. Partially crushed my chest and surgery was done in Amman, Jordan. Great place, Jordan. Also, am retired AF and was over there as a contractor.
As for cigars, I certainly appreciate the gesture, George. Uh, Davidoffs? Just kidding.
I've been able to shoot my ,17HMR at prairie dogs, can drive, can do only minimal exercise...and since I'm not married, don't have to worry about those other "home exercises" like so many of the rest of you. Wink
Again, this forum is a great place with great people.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
OH, RIP,
I bought another .395 barrel and had it put on a friend's rifle. There are THREE of us in the world.
Max

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Prof glad to hear your up and about. Hope your recovery is complete and quick. My oldest boy has been to Afghanistan twice with the Rangers, we worry about him and his buddies every day he's gone. I went over in 2005 at age 56, probably going over again in 2011 to support our boys as a non-profit contractor.

My hats off to you and all of our young men and women serving in harms way.

Smiler

Chuck

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4730 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chuck. I went over the week after I turned 61. I'll turn 63 in three weeks. Yeah, just another FOG (F..Old Guy).

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
prof242,

Hope you make a full recovery.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Prof242, Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. And a big THANK YOU for your service.

Posts: 57 | Location: Belton, TX | Registered: 16 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Max, you have to wear the vest and AR logo patch to to Dallas.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish you a complete recovery. Prayer has been offered up for you. Are you in the USA now? salute

Jack

OH GOD! {Seriously, we need the help.}

Posts: 2791 | Location: USA - East Coast | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Prof,

You are a little long in the tooth to be lifting "T" walls by yourself.

Consider water rehab in a heated pool. There is no gravity or joint impact. There should be some in Colorado Springs because of all the retired military.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
quote:
FOG (F..Old Guy).

Big Grin

Hope you heal quickly!

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get well soon. Best wishes.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Ditto!

One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.jorge

USN (ret)
DRSS Verney-Carron 450NE
Cogswell & Harrison 375 Fl NE
Sabatti Big Five 375 FL Magnum NE
DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7143 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AK_Stick
posted Hide Post
Prof, if you're still in country, PM me your location, I will be there in days.... If you're up for it we could grab some of that fantastic chow hall food, or green bean's.

Only Angels and Aviators have wings

Posts: 263 | Location: The frozen north, between deployments | Registered: 03 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Love to do it, but I got back here months ago and have decided the body doesn't need any more holes in it. I've been up and around for a time, went to Wyoming to hunt prairie dogs with the .17HMR, just takes awhile for the healing of all the damage that occurred.
Am a little embarrassed by all this attention. Will see many of you in Jan in Dallas.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice to have friends here, eh?

Get well, and hope to see you in Reno.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm moving this to 'Miscellaneous Topics' now.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service. May God hold you in his hand and bring you home healed, hale, and hearty.

Aim for the exit hole

Posts: 4348 | Location: middle tenn | Registered: 09 December 2009Reply With Quote